PDA

View Full Version : A sweet story to share!

Darkhorse1
April 30th, 2009, 07:46 PM
At the riding school I work at, I have a brand new student--never ridden before. She's a very dedicated student, is thirteen and a strong rider (she's a downhill skiier). I believe she and her family immigrated here from Poland, and they have a lovely accent. Wonderful family.

Anyhow, last night was her last lesson with me, and she went and got her new riding gear at a local tack shop sale. I noticed how she'd done her hair (I tell riders they must have hair pulled off of your face and back in a braid or pony tail) and she'd done a braid, and braided pink ribbon into it!! I complimented her on it and she was delighted I noticed.:cheese:

Just wanted to pass along that story--see, everyone dresses up their hair!! :D She doesn't have long hair, but it's past her shoulders :)

ButterCup02
April 30th, 2009, 08:15 PM
Very cute!!

I need to start learning all these fancy braids LOL I'm still not very good at a french braid even :P My hair isn't very long yet, and I have some longer layers in it so they make braiding difficult.

lynnala
April 30th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Very sweet! I just recently thought that I'd like to add a chiffon scarf to my braid. I'm too old for ribbons, but they look adorable braided into hair.

Copasetic
April 30th, 2009, 08:26 PM
It sounds pretty. I wish I could do fancy things to my hair!

Jessica Trapp
April 30th, 2009, 08:34 PM
How cute! :pegasus:

jera
May 1st, 2009, 01:49 AM
It sounds pretty. I wish I could do fancy things to my hair!

Me too! :p

I'd love to be able to weave a ribbon into a back braid. It must've looked beautiful. :)

BlndeInDisguise
May 1st, 2009, 06:17 AM
Aw, that's such a neat story. :)

saman
May 1st, 2009, 07:18 AM
It's nice.Thanks for sharing.
She's is lucky for having a trainer who is interested in hair and giving hair nice compliments.
I don't have long hair but I wouldn't use ribbon as a guy.
What sort of hair accessories do you think are suitable for men?Can I count ficcares.

Xandergrammy
May 1st, 2009, 07:24 AM
Very sweet! I just recently thought that I'd like to add a chiffon scarf to my braid. I'm too old for ribbons, but they look adorable braided into hair.

sorry for the hijack- but you are NOT too old for ribbons. I put them in my braids all the time.

elliebean184
May 1st, 2009, 01:53 PM
Aww- What a sweet story! (My mom used to braid my hair with ribbons for gymnastics!)

paper
May 1st, 2009, 02:11 PM
I bet it was cute! It's nice you noticed and said something. I bet it made her day! :)

AmyJorgensen
May 1st, 2009, 02:47 PM
Saman~ hair accessories for men...hmmm....hairstick, ribbon or cord for a ponytail, ficarre.