PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if this pertains to the discussions or not.

shawnee
April 29th, 2009, 11:22 PM
Please bear with me, it has been an extremely long time since I've been on this board. I have a few problems and think that they pertain one way or another to my hair or health.

I've recently gone through alot of health issues. Right now I am at my normal 102 weight but my abdomen looks like I'm 7 or 8 months pregnant, which I am definately not. I'm in my mid 40's and hubby is fixed.

My hair which I have to admit that I have been severly slacking on it's care is not only thinner but actually getting shorter. Luckily I have found you again and may possibly get some help.

So Please Please Please help if in any way, shape or form.

Thanks Trouble_mkr

DragonLady
April 29th, 2009, 11:25 PM
Do you wear it up to avoid damage? Mine was self-trimming on my office chair for years and I didn't know it.

Gumball
April 29th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Could there be something awry regarding nutrition or the way your body is handling nutrients? Eating healthy and everything? Stress?

SimplyLonghair
April 29th, 2009, 11:34 PM
Please bear with me, it has been an extremely long time since I've been on this board. I have a few problems and think that they pertain one way or another to my hair or health.

I've recently gone through alot of health issues. Right now I am at my normal 102 weight but my abdomen looks like I'm 7 or 8 months pregnant, which I am definately not. I'm in my mid 40's and hubby is fixed.

My hair which I have to admit that I have been severly slacking on it's care is not only thinner but actually getting shorter. Luckily I have found you again and may possibly get some help.

Thanks Trouble_mkr

Have you had your thyroid checked out? If you are at 102 lbs and look pregnant have you had your liver checked? You said that you had had health issues, did your health issues cause your hair problems? Are they all resolved?

I would start by asking Dr. if supplementation is okay. Get the inside healthy and the hair can be worked on. Then moisturize the hair. I used to lose hair on the ends because they were so dry. Start with one thing at a time, give it time and see if it works then try something else.

You said that you were here before, what were you doing then? Did it work? Go back to that for starters. I started with SMT treatment. Then I added COing which I don't do now, but initially my hair loved it.
Welcome back! When were you here? Was this your user name?
I have been here since 05. Good luck again.:D

shawnee
April 30th, 2009, 12:05 AM
I've always been about 102 or less, but the belly does concern me....I do drink.

I was here long before my divorce and remarriage which would put that at about 4 or 5 years ago. I went under the ID of Shawnee.

I actually ran one of these boards when the original went commercial and started charging for memberships.

SimplyLonghair
April 30th, 2009, 12:30 AM
I think that I remember you, we were talking about the board origins the other day. Glad to see you back.
So have you talked to a Dr. about it? I had a friend that had liver trouble and that was her first symptom. Enlarged liver. :shrug: not trying to be a worry wart. Milk thistle can actually help a liver to start growing healthy again.

SheWolf
April 30th, 2009, 12:37 AM

Thanks Trouble_mkr

This describes serious protein deficiency, which would also explain the weakness of your hair. A nutritionist might be able to help.

lynnala
April 30th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Not to be an alarmist, but a swollen abdomen is not good. Forget the hair for now and see a doctor about it. It could be nothing, but it could be a sign of something serious. Please let us know how you are doing.

blondecat
April 30th, 2009, 04:09 AM
This describes serious protein deficiency, which would also explain the weakness of your hair. A nutritionist might be able to help.

the problem could be any number of things.

I can desribe my stomach the same way. But, mine is due to severe IBS.
By the way, Ive been on a high protien diet for 11 yrs now.

Teacherbear
April 30th, 2009, 05:53 AM
I was here long before my divorce and remarriage which would put that at about 4 or 5 years ago. I went under the ID of Shawnee.

I actually ran one of these boards when the original went commercial and started charging for memberships.

Shawnee, is that you?!?! :cheese:

I'm sorry to hear about your health and hair. Have you been to a doctor?

Madame J
April 30th, 2009, 06:01 AM
This is going to sound weird, but have you asked your doctor about Cushing's Syndrome? We just adopted a dog with Cushing's, so I did a lot of internet research on the symptoms in both animals and humans, and one of the symptoms is distended abdomen and hair loss. Basically, Cushing's is where the adrenal glands produce too much cortisol (stress hormone) and it poisons the body. Because the symptoms are caused by an overproduction of cortisol, a lot of people are told they just need to reduce the stress in their lives, but that doesn't help because the glands are not responding to external stress. I truly hope you don't have Cushing's, but it is treatable, so bring it up next time you visit the doc so he/she can do the bloodwork to rule it out.

Carolyn
April 30th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Shawnee :grouphug: of course I remember you! I'm so glad you are back again. My gosh, those were the days! I hope you'll see a doctor. This could be serious. Health first and then hair.

mugglemomof3
April 30th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Good to see you around here again. I hope you can find the answers you're looking for and get your health under control. :grouphug:

JamieLeigh
April 30th, 2009, 08:30 AM
I loudly support what the others have said: Please see a doctor. When your body is healthy then your hair will be too, and right now it sounds like you need to get checked out, to make sure there's nothing seriously wrong. I hope things turn out well for you, please keep us posted on what you decide to do! :grouphug:

Welcome back, please post more often!! :flower:

spidermom
April 30th, 2009, 09:06 AM
This bears repeating - see your doctor first.

susiemw
April 30th, 2009, 11:02 AM
I have to repeat what the others have said: Please go see your doctor.

A distended abdomen could be something relatively benign or something very serious. Please don't put off getting it checkout out any longer. Time can be quite important in some diagnoses.

welcome back!

shawnee
April 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM
The doctor that I have now is a quack, he said that I was full of fluid and possibly fecal matter. I'd like to find a doctor that is close to the house and knows what he's doing. Hubby works at a hospital and is trying to get a good refernce for me.

Thank you all for welcoming me back. I've missed this place.

Trouble_mkr

shawnee
April 30th, 2009, 01:32 PM
All of this reminds me of things that I used to do and have long given up on, for one reason or another. I just got back from the store for vitamines, which I haven't been taking for years. I got Milk Thistle, Acidophilus Probiotic gold and of course Biotin. Maybe all of this will help me get back on track.

My hair is now oiled and back up instead of being ignored. I hate for anyone to even see me right now so I guess I've let myself go pretty badly.:confused:

I'll keep you all updated on health and hair.

Thank you,
Trouble_mkr

SimplyLonghair
May 1st, 2009, 10:31 PM
The thing is to take care of you and it sounds like you are trying to do that. I know about trouble finding a Dr. even those of us in the medical community have problems.

I just hope that you find that your issues are small ones and that you are back here to play for good! :lol: You were missed. :agree:

Rosepatrice
May 1st, 2009, 10:49 PM
I agree with everyone, please see a Doctor.

Have you been checked for a chronic yeast infection called Mycosis? This is where the yeast grows out of proportion and multiplies in the body, usually starting in the abdomen. The problem may be a host of parasites.

Have you ever done a fasting cleanse?

Drinking is not good, as the parasites (fungi, ect.) love yeast and sugar in any form.

Anyways, just some suggestions that I would try, but I lean more to the natural/holistic side of health. You have to make the final decision. We are not in tune with our bodies and what it really needs sometimes due to stress, lack of nutrition, ect. If you really start to listen to what your body wants and you give it what it wants, you should be well on your way!

Hope you feel better.