PDA

View Full Version : Botox for hair??? Really???

Fillette
April 29th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hello,
I came across an interesting article today.
Personally, I stopped believing in miracle products a long time ago. So I just laughed when I read this.
Just thought I would share...
http://howlifeworks.com/health_beauty/kronos/
I am curious to read what you think about it!

(mods - please feel free to delete if this has already been posted.)

BlackfootHair
April 29th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Holy crap...I'm game for a try!! :D

spidermom
April 29th, 2009, 07:31 PM
I was going to sign up to try this, then got to the part where I found out that after the 30 days free trial, I would automatically be billed $98.-some odd ....... no thanks. I hate free offers with catches.

jessie58
April 29th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Well once I see a list of ingredients, I might consider trying it. Mind you it says that it increases volume by 96 %. I would be in trouble if that were true.

manderly
April 29th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Bummer spidermom! I was going to give it a go too, but I hate that crap.

BlackfootHair
April 29th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Here is the fine print:

You have a full 30 days to try your Kronos Hair Transformation Kit. If for any reason during the 30-day trial period you are dissatisfied with Kronos Hair Care, simply return the products (even if the bottles are empty). You will NEVER be billed and you will receive NO future shipments. Your shampoo & conditioner are yours to keep even if you cancel. If you achieve the success we expect and decide to continue using Kronos, you will be billed the discounted price of $98.50, a 55% savings, and enrolled glow.com’s smart ship program.

As a glow.com member, you will receive a fresh supply every 60 days at the same 55% discount with additional discounts on other Kronos products. No risk, no obligation, you can cancel at any time.

Limit 1 trial per household. Customer is responsible for return shipping and handling charges. CA residents will be charged sales tax.

Yeah, I think I'll pass too. :(

pineapple pea
April 29th, 2009, 11:47 PM
It improves every aspect of your hair! Yeah right.

jera
April 30th, 2009, 01:45 AM
That happened to me too. But I returned the stuff when I saw the financial commitment required and was billed no further. Anyway, I got their list of secret ingredients. LOL. :p And it's possible to buy several of those ingredients online separately. Hah !

Heidi_234
April 30th, 2009, 01:59 AM
Botox is not an anti-aging product for skin, it's a bacteria that stops muscles from moving, so wrinkles don't happen. I wonder if kronos is a bacteria too, messing with your hair shafts and follicles. :lol:
Anyway, sounds good at first, then the 98$ charge kind of spoils it all. I'm pretty sure that there are researchers in other big cosmetic firms too.

Aditi
April 30th, 2009, 03:39 AM
I think my hairs are better off without Botox.

Unofficial_Rose
April 30th, 2009, 03:58 AM
Well once I see a list of ingredients, I might consider trying it. Mind you it says that it increases volume by 96 %. I would be in trouble if that were true.

But, but don't you believe in the power of the t-sphere? :p Actually, my beef with this was also that at no point do they tell us what's in the stuff, nor is there a proper explanation about how it works. Guess we're not to bother our little heads about that and hand over the cash?

OTOH, maybe it is fantastic. Time will tell, I suppose. I've noticed a real rash in "anti-ageing haircare" over the last couple of years.

florenonite
April 30th, 2009, 05:24 AM

Me too :p I don't understand why all these products proclaim increased volume, I try to get rid of mine half the time!

Heavenly Locks
April 30th, 2009, 05:29 AM
:hmm: So, we don't get an ingredients list AND it costs 98 bucks? Wow.

I'm not convinced.

Madame J
April 30th, 2009, 05:50 AM
I want to see the article in the peer-reviewed publication where they published the results of their "extensive clinical trials." There, at least, they would have to disclose the active ingredients.

MsBubbles
April 30th, 2009, 06:36 AM
I don't believe a word of it!

lora410
April 30th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Gee and you can try it for 30days free then pay $98 :rolleyes:

Babyfine
April 30th, 2009, 08:17 AM
I was going to sign up to try this, then got to the part where I found out that after the 30 days free trial, I would automatically be billed $98.-some odd ....... no thanks. I hate free offers with catches.

Same here exactly, SM. I saw an ad for this on another site and thought, "well, free samples- might as well try them"- then got to what you saw.
I'm flat broke due to slow down in dh's job so I can't afford anything like that!
Plus- I don't like to use anything in my hair anymore unless I can see the ingredients- which I couldn't see on their site.

enfys
April 30th, 2009, 08:26 AM
If they didn't use LOL speak they'd be on to something.

T-sfere?
Phyx repair?

Come on. Can't they use someone's $98 to buy a dictionary?

Kiraela
April 30th, 2009, 09:39 AM
You know, if I had 96% more volume, I get the distinct feeling that I'd look like I had a shrub on my head. Quite frankly, this reminds me of the old phrase "did you know that 87.32% of statistics are made up on the spot?"

According to Kronos scientists, aging of the hair is not just related to your body's age in years, but rather to the environmental stresses it's subjected to. Just as sun and pollution are major factors in the premature aging of skin, sun and environmental stresses, and styling tools and chemicals all act to prematurely age our hair. The symptoms include dry, fragile, damaged hair, stripped of its color.

So, basically the same thing LHC has been teaching people for years, then? And it promises to " reduce damage by 92%"... so it eats the ends and gives you shorter hair?

bah-humbug, I say.

SheWolf
April 30th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I love the smell of botulism first thing in the morning... NOT. :cool:

Themyst
May 2nd, 2009, 02:59 PM
Guess we're not to bother our little heads about that and hand over the cash?

:rollin:

I was just surfing around the web and came across this Kronos stuff. Glad I found this thread. It certainly is quite a claim they are making. Yet, I am skeptical when they don't release their ingredients, let alone any other technical information about it.

And, $98.00? I find that products are usually packaged for shoulder length hair and I have to double or triple it. What the heck would this stuff cost me? :agape: Sorry, Kronos, LLC! I need more convincing.

LutraLutra
May 3rd, 2009, 02:45 AM
I want to see the article in the peer-reviewed publication where they published the results of their "extensive clinical trials." There, at least, they would have to disclose the active ingredients.
Exactly.

I'm sure that there will be a breakthrough in haircare technology with "nanospheres" (or something) that can get inside the hair shaft, but for the moment I'll stick to good old coconut that does the same thing. :p

"The product was shown to boost hair volume and density by an unprecedented 96%". How on earth can something give you nearly 100% more hair!? If I tried that I'd look like a tribble (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribble_(Star_Trek)). ;)

Just_Isabel
May 3rd, 2009, 03:44 AM

That's what I thought, too. There are some things in that site that made me very suspicious, and I didn't even spend much time on it.
1) was that they keep on mentioning the independent clinical trials, but there is no link to be found about them.
2) Did you see the before - after pictures? LOL They are ridiculous, in some of them it's obvious that it [the before picture] was styled to look bad.

I'm not convinced by their product, not at all.

kaanay
June 14th, 2009, 12:40 AM
hi everybody, There is an article about botox for hair. I wanna share with you.
Here is link:
Is it possible to create Botox for hair? (http://www.todayshottrends.net/health/is-it-possible-to-create-botox-for-hair.html)