PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any colour hair?

peachy.pudding
April 5th, 2008, 11:41 AM
what colour would you choose?:confused:

Guenever
April 5th, 2008, 11:47 AM
Dark brown! (Naturally I'm dark blonde/light blonde) I used to dye my hair brown - I really loved it..

-- Again - the grass is always greener... :P

Feisty Redhead
April 5th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I'm perfectly happy with my natural color as it is, and would not change it. :cheese:

Wanderer09
April 5th, 2008, 12:08 PM
This sounds whiney, but any colour except mine! lol. I see beauty in pretty much everyone's hair colour except my neutral medium brown. That's one aspect of hair acceptance I'm still working on. :p

My favourite hair colours would have to be either dark red or very light blonde...

GlassEyes
April 5th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I would love either naturally silver/white hair or blonde.

Silver because I could dye it crazy colors and it's a very pretty color in itself. Blonde for the same reason.

I actually love silver hair. <3

Carina
April 5th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I want dark brown hair.I'm so tempted to color it.:cool:

Wavelength
April 5th, 2008, 12:36 PM
I voted light red. My hair was gingery strawberry blonde as a kid and it darkened over time. It still looks pretty good, especially since I've started using henna, but my original colour was really gorgeous.

blackfrostqueen
April 5th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I voted white, because I think white hair is beautifully striking. That and you could do anything colorwise with it!! There are two colors tied for my second place vote though, a light dirty dishwater blonde and a dirty strawberry blonde. I love both blonde and red hair!

But white would be fun!

Isilya
April 5th, 2008, 12:53 PM
I voted for my own colour, which is blonde. I just like it and I've never considered dying my hair any other colour.

jesamyn
April 5th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I watch entirely too much anime. I wish my hair would grow out of my head in a nice shade of dark purple, purple being my fave color.

Of course, since that can't happen, I'm happy with henna-induced mahogany/cherry-wood/similar.

Adrienne
April 5th, 2008, 01:55 PM
I voted light red. but really I think any shade of red hair is beautiful. Both light and dark red.however I do not think that shade would go well with my skin tone. so I will stick with the color I have naturally. Blackest Black.

eadwine
April 5th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I voted dark red. I love that color :)

Lillian
April 5th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I have dark brown hair, which I love - but I always admire heads of silky black hair!

Jeni
April 5th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I voted light red. I have always loved red hair. I have dyed my hair different shades of red, but either they were too orange or too burgundy, none were very flattering on me, not to mention red hair dye fades horribly. I thought about henna, but I'm not ready to take that risk (it being permanent) when I'm not sure (A) what color I will end up with and (B) if it will look good on me. So I just dye my hair light/medium ash blond (naturally dish water blond) and dream of pretty pretty red hair.

Jeni

Always wanted black hair too, but it would look horrible on me.

amaiaisabella
April 5th, 2008, 02:27 PM
I really like the blue black color, but it would look terrible on me as I am so pale! I admire it on other people though.

My hair color is pretty good (dark brown) as it brings out my dark eyes and I can do dramatic makeup to play up the contrast!

Requiax
April 5th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I like my color for th most part, but chose crazy. In a perfect world I could have hot pink hair without embarrassing my kids, losing my job, or damaging my hair. Maybe when I retire and have gone grey I can do it. :)

CurlyNinja
April 5th, 2008, 02:48 PM
I've wanted dark red hair FOREVER but I'll be excited to see what I look like with silver hair.

peachy.pudding
April 5th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Wow lots of different colours have been choosen, for me it would be medium brown. The problem with my hair is that it grows out medium brown, turns to light brown at the bottom and i know the longer i grow it the more i can see golden tips etc. So a nice medium brwon would be nice, but then i suppose i would miss my light streaks, oh gosh i cant make up my mind maybe i should just change it back to what i have

kwaniesiam
April 5th, 2008, 02:57 PM
A natural gingery red or dark almost black midnight blue with white streaks. Of course, that would take a lot of chemicals and totally fry my hair, so I'm content with my henna red that's slowly growing out back to my natural brown right now.

Riot Crrl
April 5th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Dark red, which is my current henna-color.

Blueglass
April 5th, 2008, 03:14 PM
I love pure white, or platinum blonde it's almost a toss up. I vote white because it's so icy. I'd leave it alone, being careful not to stain it.

Nevermore
April 5th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I like alot of colors, including mine. I'll probably go henna-red for awhile, maybe black and certainly purple/pink/blue/other fun colors.

If I had to choose, I'd have naturally purple or forest green hair.

squiggyflop
April 5th, 2008, 03:56 PM
i cant chose between blue purple and fire engine red... yeah i picked crazy...

DecafJane
April 5th, 2008, 04:00 PM
I voted light red - I love red hair. My Dad is one of five, two (including him) are blonde, two are redheads and one is a brunette. My mother is a brunette. I am a brunette. I feel ripped off! Stupid dominant genes! :D:p

zift
April 5th, 2008, 04:08 PM
I do love my natural color too(which is dark brown BTW) but I always had this crazy love for black hair! It's just so deep and dark and shiny and well black:rockerdud

Alaia
April 5th, 2008, 04:21 PM
I chose white/grey/silver.

I would have white hair, completely stark white. Or actually I'd like blond that is so silver that it looks white, like rays of sunlight or moonbeams.

or actually I'd love to have red hair. Any shade of red hair, as long as it isn't too dark.

AJoifulNoise
April 5th, 2008, 05:39 PM
It was a toss up. I kinda wish I had blue streaked hair. Naturally, so that I wouldn't have to use chemicals. But, I picked Dark Red. That's the color I'm trying to grow out now... I used box dye to achieve it 2.5 years ago.

prosperina
April 5th, 2008, 05:44 PM
I picked my natural color (blonde) for no other reason that the grass is always greener. :D Also, I'm lazy and I wouldn't have to root touch ups, and I want to see my natural color long, I haven't in over ten years. That said, I'm throughly pleased with my current henna red, but if there were a magic wand of hair color changingness....

Lixie
April 5th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I voted for dark brown because that's what my roots are, but not all the rest of my hair. The ends are a good deal lighter from sun lightening and general wear and tear.

Stupidly enough, I love the way other people's hair can go from dark to light. Just not mine. :silly:

Rosepatrice
April 5th, 2008, 11:03 PM
I Choose my own natural color, Champagne -blonde that I've had since childhood, although then I had a few more reddish hues, and a few less silver ones! There was no option for this color choice, though, so I didn't vote.

Delilah
April 5th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I voted dark red. I envy those of you who have it naturally or can henna and get it.
My hair is far too dark to reach that color without bleaching.

longhairedfairy
April 5th, 2008, 11:59 PM
I picked the last option, but I think if I could change it temporarily and safely it would be really fun to try all different colors, including the crazy ones. I think I might look good with a light purple. I did actually put dark purple stripes in the front of my hair a few years ago, but the color didn’t look right that close to my face. That’s kind of strange since I can normally wear that color/shade pretty well. Thankfully, it had faded completely by the time I was in a friend’s wedding. It wouldn’t have looked good with the light pink bride’s maid dress.

spidermom
April 6th, 2008, 12:25 AM
I had to vote for cheese because my hair color is perfection itself. (haha)

lilmisspicky126
April 6th, 2008, 01:05 AM
I would love to have that natural redhead light red hair look. Though white or blue black would be neat as well.

Lavendula
April 6th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I voted dark blond/light brown, since it suits my face colour best. I dye my flat, greyish dark blond hair in that colour with plant extracts.

Choccielocks
April 6th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I voted for dark red. My hair is brown with subtle henna highlights and would like to achieve this colour with repeated henna applications. That's the plan anyway, but my plans rarely go as planned! :rolleyes:

EvilPigeon
April 6th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I voted dark red. i'd love to have a dark cherry/burgendy color instead of my natural blonde. *sigh* oh well. I think henna is good for now,and it's slowly getting me to my desired color. :)

Advaya
April 6th, 2008, 12:06 PM
I would love naturally red hair, but not only would I have to change my hair color I'd need to change my entire complexion. I would definetly look horrible with red hair!! I just love it though, and the complexion that goes with it.

If not red than true raven black.

Shypii90
April 6th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I'd be happier with a deep chestnut brown, with a few medium brown natural highlights.

My natural hair is very light brown and turns blonde in summer! While that's great and all for the summer type look, I'm naturally a Winter person and I love deep, rich colours. Of course as long as they look natural. While crazy reds or other colours look really cool on people, it couldn't be more obvious that it's not natural.

TheSpottedCow
April 6th, 2008, 02:33 PM
I voted for dark brown. A color close to black but that reflects a warm brown color, instead of the white or blue of pure black.

I think that is the prettiest color because it reflects the most light. Also, everyone in my family (being Mexican, and Italian) has dark hair that exact color.
Except for me! :(

Haith
April 6th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I would definately like to be a red head... and I see that I am not alone as it's the most popular vote!

LifeisAdventure
April 6th, 2008, 10:20 PM
Purple (leaning more towards fuschia than burgundy) or light blue, all the way!

Me and AJoifulNoise even created a name for our hair tastes on the old boards -- Crayola colors! :)

sapphire-o
April 7th, 2008, 03:31 AM
I chose dark blonde. It looks so golden in bright light and dark in some other lights. If I can have any hair I'd choose a bronze color, 2c curls and fine but thick hair. :) If I can get it without the typical tangles associated with that hair type it would be even better. :D

I know I'll never get it. Alternatively I wish everybody who naturally has dark blonde hair would leave it alone and not dye or bleach it. :D

Ohio Sky
April 7th, 2008, 11:45 AM
I voted black of course. I would love to be able to just have black hair and not have to color, but, alas...
I have seen people that had hair so dark it takes on a blue cast. Blue-black wasnt one of the options, but I would love that.

karenpetal
April 7th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I chose dark red but i would love to be blonde or silver too

lora410
April 7th, 2008, 11:54 AM
I voted dark red (like auburn) thats my moms natural color which I always though was stunning.

Anje
April 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I said light red. I'm naturally auburn, and I would love to have it be a bit brighter.

Sarahmoon
April 7th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I chose dark red. I also really like dark brown and black though.

And why is medium brown so impopular with you all? :cry:

bella77
April 7th, 2008, 04:31 PM
I love red hair, with my light skin, I would need a strawberry blonde so I chose light red.

Arashi
April 7th, 2008, 05:06 PM
Black with a significant purple glow in the sunlight. :D

2littlebirds
April 7th, 2008, 06:08 PM
My hair is naturally auburn, but I would really like light red hair.

Medievalhair
April 7th, 2008, 07:06 PM
I voted dark red, but it's a toss between a Mahogany or a bright/firey style red.

Michiru
April 8th, 2008, 02:05 AM
I voted for blonde. I like red hair the most but blonde looks best on me. I would want a golden blonde. I'm naturally a light brown/dark blonde but was blonder as a kid.

Carthasis
April 8th, 2008, 02:15 AM
I voted light red, but really, I'd love any shade of red. I'm a naural dark brownhead, so the reddest I can get without bleaching it first is a kind of very dark brownish mahogany. Which I'm doing just now *pokes henna turban*

Why wasn't I born blond? Then I could be any colour I wanted, but nooo, I have to be dark.

nastasska
April 8th, 2008, 02:19 AM
Shiny Raven Black just like my Dachshund :inlove:

cutenappygrl
April 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM
I realy want dark red hair - and I am currently experimenting w/ henna and red tea rinses. It's my main goal right now - even more so than length.

magda
April 8th, 2008, 07:39 AM
I would choose the most fiery red I could find :)
It is so beautiful a colour!

Katze
April 8th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Silver! to match my eyes!

morningstar
April 8th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Take a look at KoalaKims' hair That is my new current favorite. :cloud9:

Gwaihiril
April 8th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Well, right now I have dark brown hair with royal purple tips, which is pretty nice. If I had something else, though, I'd want dark red or auburn hair, because all of my favorite literature heroines had auburn hair.

AJoifulNoise
April 8th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Purple (leaning more towards fuschia than burgundy) or light blue, all the way!

Me and AJoifulNoise even created a name for our hair tastes on the old boards -- Crayola colors! :)

Yeah! Crayola colors would be awesome if they could just happen naturally! lol

And why is medium brown so impopular with you all? :cry:

I don't know about anyone else, but that's the color I have naturally... And usually people want what they don't have.

Elizabeth
April 8th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Dark red, no question!

socks
April 9th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I'd like my hair to be a bit lighter and redder than it is now. Cobalt blue hair would be nice too. I tried to dye (semi-perm) my hair blue once, but it came out more greenish because I refused to bleach my hair first.

Koala Kim
April 9th, 2008, 03:17 PM
Take a look at KoalaKims' hair That is my new current favorite. :cloud9:
You are too sweet Morningstar :smooch:
Have you looked at your own profile? :thud:

I like my hennaed hair color. It's a little darker than what I had as a child (dark red/reddish brown).
But if I could have any color, including rainbow colors- purple or fuchsia. Definitely. :agree:

XtinaXposed
April 10th, 2008, 03:32 AM
i wouldn't be able to decide or unhappy with my decision so perhaps it's better that mother nature decided for me.

Anlbe
April 10th, 2008, 04:43 AM
Golden blonde, basically the hair I had when I was about twelve - why does hair change colour (and eyes for that matter) it seems a complete waste of genetic coding.

Phalaenopsis
April 10th, 2008, 05:14 AM
I wouldn't change, maybe just a tad bit lighter or so, but I think my colour (hazelnut blond) is the only colour that fits me.
But if I could have a different body and all that, I would go for goldenish blond.

ladystar
April 10th, 2008, 06:48 AM
I learned threw the years of coloring it to love my natural color it brings out my features.:cheese:

momma smurf
April 10th, 2008, 08:48 AM
Dark red. :) I had it all kinds of red for years... and am now embracing my natural color.... but oooooooo, there are days I so want the red back.

Newniepg
April 10th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I voted black. My hair is very dark brown anyhow. I may have a bash at hennaing it one of these days. Then all I have to do is have blue contact lenses and I will be a happy bunny.

MemSahib
April 10th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Dark brown, but that would have been for when I was young. My wrinkles wouldn't look good under that deep a color now so going silver is the thing to do!

Kiraela
April 10th, 2008, 01:50 PM
If my hair could grow out of my head in any color I chose? It would definately be a dark red, almost burgundyish. If I hadn't spent the last 1.75 years growing out virgin hair? I'd dye it that color anyway. Even now, I'm still tempted and don't dare go into the hair dye aisle at the store.

artemisjade
April 10th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Purple for sure. I'd pretty much want my WoW character's hair.

Tallula (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/burnsspivey/WoWScrnShot_030408_193344.jpg)

Rain
April 10th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Have to go with dark red, since that's what I'm now getting with henna. :)

Martina
April 10th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I would like white/silver hair....similar to Ole Gray Mare.

sweetkandi
April 10th, 2008, 09:47 PM
I chose cheese, cuz my hair is naturally light brown. So I want the extremes. Either blonde, or dark cocoa brown. I have dyed my hair both those colors, but now, my hair is nearing the color of my natural, which i want, so it will look nice grown out.

starfire
April 10th, 2008, 10:35 PM
fire engine red.
or something like EvilPigeon's color.

rubyann
April 11th, 2008, 06:46 PM
A vibrant red, on the darker side. I love red hair.

I refuse to color, even with henna, for the time being. I reserve the right to change my mind. Again.

AlleyKitten
April 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM
If I could change my hair color at whim, I'd be all over the place, I love so very many hair colors. But assuming I don't have any magical powers, I would stick with my current hair color (my sig is a pretty good picture of it). I like it a lot!

ole gray mare
April 23rd, 2008, 04:44 PM
I would like white/silver hair....similar to Ole Gray Mare.

Thank you Martina! What a nice thing to say!

When I was younger, I wanted shiny dark brown hair with dark red highlights. The color of Ladystar's. Lucky me, that's what I had.

Now that I'm older, I like silver hair! Lucky me, that's what I have.

I'm funny that way. I usually like what I have. Makes my life a lot simpler and I'm all about being simple. :)

CountessDeJager
April 23rd, 2008, 06:40 PM
Smurf blue! :cloud9: I think like jesamyn I have been influenced by anime. White and rich reds like in EvilPigeon's photo also rank high with me. And purple too, Tallula is gorgeous, artemisjade! I've also thought the ability to grow a vertical rainbow would be really neat too.

Indecisively,

Elizabeth

harley mama
April 23rd, 2008, 07:00 PM
I would love to have flaming red hair. But, I'd settle for a dark reddish blond.

LittleOrca
March 16th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I chose "Crazy color" Since I'd want mine a deep ultramarine or cobalt blue.

Noctifer
March 17th, 2009, 12:27 AM
I voted Dark blonde/Light brown because its somewhere there my natural haircolour seems to be placed by others and i miss my real colour

Elenna
March 17th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I'd like my hair to be a solid silver color. I'm getting lots of silver streaks already, but would like to hurry up the process.

Evie
March 21st, 2009, 02:56 PM
Dark red for me.....and I'm lucky enough to be able to get it with henna and a bit of indigo :)

That being said, I also love that natural raven black colour you see, and also natural blonde shades - I think I am yet to see a hair colour that I don't like!

Nanni
March 21st, 2009, 03:10 PM
I love caramel / toffee colored hair. Even better with some natural highlights.

dearladydisdain
March 21st, 2009, 03:15 PM
Light/bright red. Not orange, per se, but close to what I get with henna. :p I have naturally dark blonde hair. Ewwie. (I just hate it on me/with my complexion. I also hate the ambiguity. People could never decide if it was blonde, brown, or red. :rolleyes: )

amberdakota
March 21st, 2009, 03:20 PM
Dark red/auburn hair for sure. My hair is dark brown with a fair amount of gray, but I've always loved auburn. I've had it colored that way (don't right now for some reason), and it is a good color for me.

Silverlox
March 21st, 2009, 03:26 PM
First I'm wondering a bit, what do you mean "if" I could have any colour? :confused:

In this modern day and age, I can in fact have any colour I please! Okay, so checkered might be a bit hard, but still.. :silly:

In the poll, I chose white/silver/grey, because that is exactly what I have. The reason I have it because I chose it in real life too! I don't see myself as a helpless victim of old age. It didn't just "happen" to me. I dyed my hair for years, because I wanted/chose to have another colour than nature provided. Now I've chosen to skip dyeing and go with my natural look. I've found both choices equally satisfying. :D

Isn't it a wonderful world where you get to chose what you want, as far as hair colours go? I just love it! :happydance::cheese:

Ruuna
March 21st, 2009, 03:50 PM
I voted light red. That's my mum's colour and I have always wanted it, too. Okay, maybe not as a child - my mum told me about being mobbed for her colour when she was at primary school.
I like my colour - dark brown which turns to dark red in sunlight. But sometimes I wish I had more of her genes... :)

Drynwhyl
March 21st, 2009, 03:54 PM
If I had to choose, I'd have naturally purple or forest green hair.
I want those exact colours too :eek:
Which is impossible for obvious reasons. (I'd fry my hair)
I'll stick to my henna red :D

viking_quest
March 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM
I voted for dark red. My family is split up between red and brown and I got a mixture of both, but I'd rather have it fully red.

ClareDee
March 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM
Blonde.

My dad is very light blonde and I offended him once by saying it was wasted on him (because he keeps it short! Not because he's a man...). I still feel a bit cheated that I didn't inherit it :violin:

Red hair is beautiful too, especially coupled with a certain creamy/porcelain complexion and green eyes, but maybe growing up in Ireland has made me too accustomed to, and less enamoured with, red hair? I don't know. Apparently Scotland has more red-heads than we do, though.

I suppose I'm attracted to natural blonde partly for its rarity. Plus I tend to like sorta Scandinavian color themes, ashy/muted shades, cool tones... that's part of it.

My brother has a kind of unusual cherry-cola dark-red hair colour. Again, wasted, because he keeps it as short as possible. :shrug:

princess
March 21st, 2009, 05:27 PM
I would want dark red hair. I do not know if it would suit me.

Because I come from a culture where you do not dye your hair.

We have black hair.

Brown hair is seen among a few people.

But I would like to be a red head if it suits me.

Bene
March 21st, 2009, 06:01 PM
i voted for black, my natural hair color. i'm happy with it :)

gibsongirl71
March 21st, 2009, 06:06 PM
I always wanted that gorgeous silver white hair. My mom had a friend who went totally silver in her early 20s. Her hair was beautiful.

AcadieAnne
March 21st, 2009, 10:37 PM
I picked dark red; my ideal would be a little lighter then my henna'ed hair. But things aren't always ideal, so I'll make the most of what I have, as I'd prefer not to chemically fry my hair anymore.

Brownie
March 22nd, 2009, 02:00 AM
My hair's medium brown and I'd love it to be dark brown, but my color is ok. I like it :)

shayly-fyanna
March 22nd, 2009, 03:17 AM
I chose light red, that's my hair color during spring, summer, fall. then it turns a darker red in winter. best described as gingery/Cinnamon. it's a pretty color but a bit too dark for my pale skin. i've always ginger colored hair. weird when most red heads rarely like their color as kids, and start liking it after their teens. I always loved my red hair, maybe because we are so few actual natural redheads in the world. i've tried chocolate brown, platinum blonde and golden blonde. and i've always returned to my natural haircolor. i like to see women with blue/black hair, specially when they are pale skinned, looks so gothic! well what can i say i'm a fan of vampires.

Tornerose
March 22nd, 2009, 05:39 AM
I voted blonde... I was born blonde, but after I started with colours etc, I lost it. And now it's this inbetween colour, dark blonde/light brown... or mousecoloured to be more accurate. I absolutely hate it.

Ever since The Little Mermaid I've been wanting red hair, and I think I'd look cool with it, but I'm sticking to blonde. I'm too pale for anything else, and red stand out too much.

Feye
March 22nd, 2009, 05:49 AM
I voted Blonde, because that's what I'd like on myself and what I've had since I was a child.

I see that Dark brown only got a handful of votes for the most beautiful color. That is surprising, as it is one of my favorites on other people. I just can't pull it off myself, I look white as a sheet and my pale eyebrows look funny.

HotRag
March 22nd, 2009, 06:19 AM
Natural red.

nastasska
March 22nd, 2009, 06:27 AM
The colour of the Singers hair is my real dream hair colour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kji0iO4bwMw&feature=channel_page

Feye
March 22nd, 2009, 06:30 AM
The colour of the Singers hair is my real dream hair colour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kji0iO4bwMw&feature=channel_page

Hi Natasska :waving:

She looks really cool! I also like that color

nastasska
March 22nd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Hi Feye :waving: Good to see you:)

She's got great hair and a great voice I think I'd like to be her :lol:

<She>
March 22nd, 2009, 10:36 AM
I would like to have dark plummy/purple color, with magenta/fuschia highlights:)

LovingLife
March 22nd, 2009, 10:47 AM
I would have silver or snow white hair, I love my raven hair though! I just love the romanticness abotu white hair white you are young!

PrincessColene
March 22nd, 2009, 02:30 PM
I seem to be the odd ball here... so far most would like what I would love to get rid of (red)!:shrug: Go figure...I've tried dying in the past but always turn wierd shades of green(if I try blonde) or purple(if I go any shade of darker)

Debra83
March 22nd, 2009, 02:32 PM
I voted cheese. I'm happy with the color I have now. If ever I'm not, I'll change it for sure.

Petra
March 24th, 2009, 09:21 AM
If I could I'd go for green to match my eyes, I love green--just for fun. Or blue.

JamieRose
March 24th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Dark or light red. But it would look terrible with my skin tone. :(

JamieLeigh
March 24th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I'd love to have periwinkle hair!! Although I don't think there is a safe combination of chemicals and/or natural ingredients on the planet that would supply me with that color. :p

But I do love my own natural color, which is why the hair on my head is completely virgin hair...and I will love my silvers and greys and whites as more of them come out of hiding. :D

Lissa
March 24th, 2009, 03:33 PM
Oh, I'd never be able to decide!
I think most hair colours can be beautiful, although I guess some suit me better than others.

Asha
March 24th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I choose medium brown! I'm a natural dark brown (bordering black), but I love the medium brown some women have because I see so much more dimension in the color.

Rebelkat
March 24th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I chose "other" because I like my natural color (dark brown with red tints), but I would like for it to ALL be that color again. The last foot or foot and a half of my hair is lighter and brassier from where I used to dye it, and I kind of wish I hadn't done that to it. But the good news is that if I leave it alone, it will eventually go away. If only all problems worked like that! :p

alyssa111
March 24th, 2009, 08:41 PM
I would choose platinum to light blonde, because that is the color I had as a child and the coloring that matches my skin tone best. But if I wasn't me, ha... I would want black hair. :) I think it's so gorgeous!! Just not on me... lol!

AnneAdeline
March 24th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I would love a crazy color, like purple or a light yellow green.

gmdiaz
March 24th, 2009, 09:32 PM
I really always liked my chestnut brown hair but now that it's got SOOOOOOooooOOoooo much gray in it. . .I wish it would just be done with it and go totally silver or flip flop back to deep rich browns.

I think it would be very cool to have knee-length long shiny silver hair, though. . .the catch being I want to look immortal. roflolol. . .no wrinkles, no baggie bits, cheeky jowls. . .just the perfect 35 years old, forever.

That is my dream and I am sticking to it.

Samitra
March 25th, 2009, 01:32 AM
I chose "light red". I'd love to have all natural light, coppery red hair. Black would be nice too, but not for a longer period, I'm sure I'd look too pale. But then again, I have dark eyebrows and eyelashes, and both my parents have very dark hair. But then again, again, I have the colours of my grandmother, and she was a natural redhead.

marzipanthecat
March 25th, 2009, 06:04 AM
I would love to dye my hair some silly colour - if at all possible I would like to have it gilded so it really was a shimmering gold, but I don't do anything like that because honestly, just dying it would be so much work to keep looking nice (keeping the roots coloured and so on) and I'm a bit too lazy to do all that work!

joyfulmom4
March 25th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I voted medium brown because that's my haircolor and I have never been tempted to change it. OK, well I take that back. Once in high school, I used "Sun In" and it turned a lighter, quite reddish shade. That was OK, but I look better with my own natural haircolor.

That's not to say I think my haircolor is the most beautiful one. I admire snow white hair and deep auburn hair and shiny black hair and soft shades of blonde very much. But the question was about what color *I* would have and I voted to keep my own. I tend to think that people usually look unnatural when they change their haircolor to something artificial. Some women pull it off very nicely b/c they are able to choose colors that work well with their coloring. But far too many don't and they look all wrong to me. Better to have a natural color that looks healthy and suits you than to have a fake one that looks fake and unflattering.

lailmil
March 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
forest green *_*

dulce-de-leche
March 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I love my black hair color I don't want to change it but I love henna too so I guess I can vote for dark red also ;)

janeytilllie
March 31st, 2009, 07:04 AM
Im happy with my colour now :) but... I would love jet black hair

KajiKodomo
April 2nd, 2009, 08:26 AM
I would want hot pink hair. Or maybe green, haha. But, it would have to be natural, not dyed. Can you imagine naturally pink hair?

Haha, other than that, I'd like to have either naturally bright red or black hair.

deko
April 3rd, 2009, 03:32 PM
I would love to have strawberry blonde or light red hair.

I have dark blonde hair and I color it with henna. It darkens it a bit too much but I don't want to lighten it with peroxide because it will damage my ends. Perhaps when I have all previously damaged parts cut off I will lighten my hair a little.

xeternalsilence
April 3rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
Dark red. :)

Seraphina
April 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
Hmm...the white-blonde hair I had when I was younger,jet black,or red.

Elayne
April 4th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Defiantly Red! :) I guess I like the lighter red of my my hair better than the darker red-brown part, but its a pretty close thing.

ZaBasDa
April 4th, 2009, 03:39 PM
Crazy colour definitely.

Always, always, always emerald green with silver/white streaks that I could dye fun colors. Otherwise, silver/white/extremely pale blond, just so I could dye it a lovely green color with multicolored streaks without the developer.

Peregrine
April 5th, 2009, 06:02 AM
oooh. I completely missed the crazy color option. Although that's probably a good thing as I wouldn't be able to make up my mind. Purple? Green? Blue? Rainbow?

Anyway I voted dark red. I would love to have natural dark red hair.

Forever_Sophie
April 5th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Medium brown. It's black and I like it, but I get highlights for dimension & then I have to deal w/ brassiness after a while...

Norai
April 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I really like bright, unnatural colors like purple, blue, white, multicolor, etc. Can't get there without bleaching though, and it would probably not go over well at work, so I don't. :p

Nevermore
April 10th, 2009, 01:36 AM
I want those exact colours too :eek:
Which is impossible for obvious reasons. (I'd fry my hair)
I'll stick to my henna red :D

I plan to do some cool stuff once my hair goes white. I expect it will by the time I'm in my 30's, at which point I'll assess my career situation and determine what I'm going to do color wise. If I can't have all my hair a fun color, I plan to do streaks of say, purple, that could be hidden. The way I normally wear my hair to work now would hide two inch wide purple streaks about that far back from my hair line and the color could be hidden by holding it inside one strand of hair in the braid when braiding.

effe
April 28th, 2009, 01:30 PM
I like burgundy/Mahogany color. :)

muuserid
April 28th, 2009, 01:50 PM
I would love to have a nice medium-blonde shade for a while, but I'm not willing to get there using harsh chemicals. Even if I was I'm not sure it would look right with my skin tone.

mugglemomof3
April 28th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I like my henndigo'd auburn hair (mine's naturally boring brown) but someday I'd love to have a head full of white waist-length curls!

LadyDi
April 28th, 2009, 03:43 PM
I'd love to have the exact color of my 4 year old son...beautiful baby blonde hair.

I currently have boring dark dishwater blonde that's also graying...so I do a henna gloss to make it reddish...which is my second color of choice.

swanns
April 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
As crazy as my friends think I am for this, I would LOVE to have silver coloured hair. Preferably salt&pepper :)

euphrasyne
April 29th, 2009, 07:19 AM
I'd rather have a nice shade of medium/dark red. So I dyed it for almost two decades. Bad idea; it wasn't worth all the damage.

cheryl

pineapple pea
April 29th, 2009, 11:37 PM
I already have the color I most want - dark henna red!

hazelnut
April 30th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Although I like the color of my hair (dark brown) I can't help but wonder what it would be like to have brunette hair with a chunk of blonde hair underneath the canopy of my hair in the back of my head near my neck area. ( what can I say? I'm an oddball. :p)

milemma
April 30th, 2009, 06:09 AM
my daughter has the nicest dark blond hair I know, I want the same with those natural highlights that look so great !

EnyaC
April 30th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I like my natural hair color - a cool tone dark brunette - about 3 1/2. It has lots of violet in it. When I was younger, I could dye to mahogany (and even a beautiful copper for a year), but as I've aged the warm tones look awful.

If I could have anything, it would be to have my same complexion with no freckles, and blue-black hair (very blue). But the blue-black looks fake with my freckles.

Once I get more than 70% grey, I may go to platinum blond.

Tangles
April 30th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Either something lighter than what I have right now, like a light, very golden brown; or dark dark brown. Red doesn't look so good on me. It is really frustrating having medium brown hair. My roots are also much "cooler" toned than my ends because I used henndigo that never completely went away. If my hair were all that same ashy medium brown color I would be a lot happier with it.

clairenewcastle
October 2nd, 2009, 08:58 PM
I chose dark red but it would have to be a natural colour, not dyed or hennaed. Hennaed hair looks amazing but I would never dye again so it has to be natural all the way!

ademtce
October 2nd, 2009, 09:57 PM
i would be an awesome redhead (about Level 8/9)

Anywhere
October 3rd, 2009, 08:27 AM
Blackblackblack. I love dark hair.:p

23_seconds
October 3rd, 2009, 11:12 PM
||||||||||

Isa-belle
October 4th, 2009, 12:02 AM
If there's one thing I've always been happy with, it's my hair colour. Brunette for life :cheese:

Kris Dove
October 4th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Black- and I did used to dye it black, but it was very high maintenence (Not just because the roots showed every 3-4 weeks, but also because of doing my eyebrows to match, and looking ill without a full face of heavy gothic makeup on daily) so I chopped it all off and went back to my mousy blonde roots. I'd love for it to be naturally black though.

colibri
October 4th, 2009, 06:58 AM
i wish i could have dark brown hair:p

RavennaNight
October 4th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I would love to add blood red or purple streaks! But alas my job has a "hair of natural color" requirement. But it would turn green during the process anyway, as it's hennidigo. Maybe green would be appropriate, since :brains: THIS IS ANOTHER ZOMBIE THREAD :brains:

Vrushali
October 4th, 2009, 07:31 AM
I chose dark red. I have black hair and have craved red hair since I was a kid:)

Komodia
October 4th, 2009, 01:32 PM
voted light red. mine is dark red. white hair looks gorgeous too.. and for a fantasy colour, i'd choose navy blue. (not blueish black)

HildeMV
October 4th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Blonde. I've been blonde but I don't like the upkeep I have to do to keep my roots from not showing.

Ina
October 5th, 2009, 12:52 AM
I voted for blonde

Melisande
October 5th, 2009, 02:07 AM
I like my hair color. I liked my dark blonde/reddish/brownish color before the grey came in, and I like my naturally dyed color now. I wouldn't change it even for cheese.

Fethenwen
October 5th, 2009, 02:18 AM
I like my hair color as it is. But it would be cool to have some really crazy color if it would just start changing to such color by my command :D Blue would be awesome!

meph
October 5th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I voted dark brown, because that's the closest to the colour I would like. I love dark, dark red or brown with red highlights.

Hmm.. purple-ish black would be cool too, though.

Elvi
October 5th, 2009, 02:50 AM
I just voted would not change, as I feel my own real hair color matches best my own personality. Yes I use lipsticks and other makeup things. :magic:

emeraldfaery
October 7th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I voted crazy color cause I think it would be neat to have blue or green hair. :D One day I will! haha

Medievalmaniac
October 7th, 2009, 09:30 AM
If my hair were naturally auburn, I would never dye it anything else. :)

Heidi_234
October 7th, 2009, 11:43 AM
If only I didn't had all this henna in my hair, if only my hair was already long, and if only I was ready to bleach the heck out of it -

I want (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3907633880/) her (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3839528050/) hair (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wisely-chosen/3531234103/)!

Brighe
October 10th, 2009, 09:00 AM
I voted black, because I dreamt of black hair since I was a little girl...

BritishBraider
October 10th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Ever since I tried on some ironic extensions (they barely reached a third of the way down my hair) I have fallen in love with the idea of having rainbow stripes throughout my hair..... Am technically medium-light brown, and its recovering from being died black (went as Morticia Addams to a party about 3 months ago) but I love the idea of being rainbow stripes..

....do you think its possible?

alys
October 10th, 2009, 04:21 PM
A deep purple-ish mixed with almost black. Either that or a pheonixy-coloured red mixed with black. Thank god I dont really colour my hair or else I may show up at the office one day looking like Famke Jensen in X-3 :)

WritingPrincess
October 10th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Dark red, but only if I could have the skin to go with it. As it is, I like my brown, but I want pure white when I go silver. I'm picky, I guess.

Nienna
October 10th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I'd have to go with dark red, but only if it has a cool base rather than a warm one.
Of all the colors I've had my hair - honey blonde, med brown, dk brown, black- the one that looks the best with my skin tone is a cool red.
Raven black or silvery white would be AWESOME, but I'd look like a freak with my coloring.

TheEndlessOcean
October 10th, 2009, 09:43 PM
I'd love to have medium brown hair. I don't really know why, I guess I just feel like it would fit my personality best. But I am rather fond of my dark brown/almost black hair :)

Henrietta
August 13th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Dark red. It seems like most of us wishes for a red hair :)

lillithnight
August 13th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Silver or some crazy color like purple, or dark blue. Blue black also.

HuggyBear
August 13th, 2010, 11:26 PM
I'm another dark red wisher, too. :) I would love to have dark auburn hair. Natural, dark red hair is the most beautiful hair color. Deep, dark brown would be my second choice.

joyellen
August 13th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I'd love to have a nice warm, medium brown color. I'm naturally in dark blonde/light brown limbo.

christine1989
August 14th, 2010, 01:02 AM
Wow, red is popular! I voted for dark brown and I have dark brown so I am quite satisfied. :)

Loreley
August 14th, 2010, 02:51 AM
I'd choose black. I love black hair!

.:Alma:.
August 14th, 2010, 05:13 AM
I watch entirely too much anime. I wish my hair would grow out of my head in a nice shade of dark purple, purple being my fave color.

Of course, since that can't happen, I'm happy with henna-induced mahogany/cherry-wood/similar.

I feel exactely the same!

I would love Purple, I'm happy with henna.

You can't always get what you want...

luxepiggy
August 14th, 2010, 05:59 AM
I just want my hair to be "true black," like a Chinese piggy's hair is supposed to be - that nice, soft, so-black-it's-almost-blue kind of black, instead of dark brown like mine is now (^(oo)^)v

tinti
August 14th, 2010, 05:15 PM
I would have to say blonde. Or red-red, not brownred as I am atm :p

Fiorentina
April 30th, 2023, 03:54 PM
I would not change it.

Lady Winchester
April 30th, 2023, 10:15 PM
Blue, but it would have to be a warm blue, since I'm very fair. When I was picking out my wig before chemo, I was bummed that Mom didn't let me choose the shoulder length blue wig with white streaks in it (probably because it was a cool color that would wash me out). Instead, I chose a waist length straight ash blonde wig that doesn't suit me anymore since I got my warm coloring back.

I've never dyed my hair a crazy color, so it would be an interesting challenge (though I'll probably never do it). I've only ever dyed it more natural colors (blonde, red, brown and black) and the only ones that washed me out were the blonde and black (probably because they more more on the cool side). The only color I refuse to go is gray/white, since it would totally wash me out, so the minute that happens, I'm coloring it (what color will depend on what color my hair is naturally at this point, but will probably be sticking with more warm tones, since they seem to suit me the best). :smile:

Nefcerka
May 1st, 2023, 02:30 AM
Pink! Not neon pink, but a light, rose-pink. Maybe I will get it one day when I am gray - I saw a video the other day where a lady with silver hair used a mild non-damaging pink-toner (which washes out after 3 washes) and I´d like to do that one day!

FlowerMoonFairy
May 3rd, 2023, 02:25 PM
Sometimes I’m so tempted to henna/indigo it black. I’ve used henna and indigo in the past (never to the point of it turning black, it was more of a dark red brown which I loved) but decided to grow out my natural color which is brown with auburn/reddish undertones. :)

aeryss
May 3rd, 2023, 03:17 PM
A not too bright turquoise - had that before, absolutely loved it. It still makes me happy to look at pictures from that time, but the upkeep/bleaching aren't something I'd want to do long term.

yvainee
May 3rd, 2023, 04:34 PM
I had it dyed black a few years ago and I still miss it sometimes but I would never go back to conventional hair dye and henna/indigo is too much of a commitment (plus lighter roots are a nightmare :D). It's still one of the most beautiful hair colours to me though. Only downside is that you can't see intricate braids as well.