PDA

View Full Version : Newbie needing help. Please :)

angelakeats
April 28th, 2009, 05:18 PM
Hi Everyone!
I am glad to be here.
I have just shoulder length hair. Well it is about 1 inch away from the shoulders.
I have blondish hair with darker blonde roots and lighter blonde highlights.

I wish to have recommendations about growing out my hair colour. Should I put a temporary colour in my hair until it grows out or should I leave it alone.

If I don't trim my hair, what is the best way to keep it healthy and prevent split ends.

SimplyLonghair
April 28th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I would say just start growing and keep growing. But that is without the benefit of pics. I am thinking that the blonde would just show like sunstreaks growing out.

As far as split ends go alot of people have good results from catnip made into a tea and used as a rinse on your hair. There are threads about it. You could just do a search and find them.

Welcome to the forum! There are tons of info in here so jump in and start reading. Just don't try too many things at once and start simple. That is a great way to go!:D

angelakeats
April 29th, 2009, 01:03 AM
Thank you for your reply.
I appreciate the catnip recommendation, I will look into it.

Aditi
April 29th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Hii and welcome to LHC. You will find plenty of ways to grow out your hair color just keep on digging deeper in the community.

angelakeats
April 29th, 2009, 01:09 AM
Thanks,
I have been digging a lot since I made that post and it is quite interesting.
I am now checking all my shampoos and conditioners for 'cones'
haha
I will leave my hair alone and resist the temptation to cut it!
I have my wedding in 2010 and I want to have longer hair :)

Thanks again,
Angela

Gothic Lolita
April 29th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Welcome to the Forums and congratulations to your wedding!

Until then you will have grown out long and beautiful hair, it's almost impossible not to with all the great information here.
I'd say you should leave your hair color alone, since it's still the same colour, and probably would just look like natural highlights.
To prevent split ends the catnip tea really is a great recommendation, as for the cones, there you have to decide wether your hair likes and needs them or if you wan to go all natural. Search and Destroy migth also be interesting for you: Get good lightening and good and sharp hair scissor (only use them on hair, nothing else!), seperate tthin strands of hair and look through if you see any split ends. When you've found one, you trim it off, about 1cm above it.
Doing this frequently will reduce split ends, but also produces fairytale ends, ends that are uneven and also a bit see-through. Getting a small trim will make your hemline even again.

Further you could wear your hair up - Igor has written a wonderful article about how to wear hair up when one is growing out. She herself was growing out from bald and has now more than classic length. She also included many pic, so that would be a great source. Here it is:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=76

SimplyLonghair
April 29th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Thanks,
I have been digging a lot since I made that post and it is quite interesting.
I am now checking all my shampoos and conditioners for 'cones'
haha
I will leave my hair alone and resist the temptation to cut it!
I have my wedding in 2010 and I want to have longer hair :)

Thanks again,
Angela
You are very welcome! This is a great place to find hair helps! I can't even begin to say what a difference that it has made in mine! :D

Rapunzal2Be
April 29th, 2009, 01:38 AM
Maybe try the honey lightening technique to help blend the lines from your old color to your natural color?

angelakeats
April 29th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Thanks to all!

Great advice.

I have the catnip tea in my hair right now.
I did search and destroy about 30 min ago and I must say, it can drive you mad!
So much hair to go through and i didn't even touch the back. I think I almost went cross eyed ;)
I will definately try the Honey to lighten my hair.

Thanks again.

Angela

SimplyLonghair
April 29th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Honey will not only help to lighten hair but it makes mine very soft and shiny! Good luck with the things you try. I quit doing S&D's because they just frustrated me. LOL Somepeople swear by them though. I keep meaning to get some catnip. I will try to remember to tomorrow. :thumbsup: