PDA

View Full Version : The coolest braid!

Roseate
April 28th, 2009, 04:42 PM
I just saw a woman with the most incredible silver braid in the drugstore. It had no tassel at all! It started from a half-up, then went down to her waist and looped back up to join into the hair at her nape, which was French braided.

I'm not sure if her hair was super long, folded in half with the tassel hidden, or if it was two braids, one from the half-up and one from the nape, somehow perfectly seamlessly woven together. It was great!

She was walking out the door when I saw her, or I would have asked her more about it. Just had to share.:)

SimplyLonghair
April 28th, 2009, 05:14 PM
It sounds interesting, I would have loved to have seen it!

JamieLeigh
April 28th, 2009, 06:15 PM
Wow...I'm going to have to experiment now just to see if I can do it. LOL. Thanks for giving me something to do tonight! :cheese:

AnneAdeline
April 28th, 2009, 07:00 PM
That sounds really interesting. I can't wait for my braid to be long enough to loop around and still be long.

sagebabies
April 28th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I can't visualize it at all....but it sounds cool!

darkwaves
April 28th, 2009, 09:04 PM
I can't visualize this, either -- but I am intrigued! If anyone can sketch or replicate this, please post!

Roseate
April 28th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Ooo, JaimeLeigh, if you do it, pictures please! I'd love to see what you come up with. My hair is too short for even the two-braids-mysteriously-joined method, and way too short to fold in half well.

I can sketch it, but it'll be a while before I'm at a scanner to get the sketch online.

KajiKodomo
April 29th, 2009, 07:52 AM
This sounds interesting. I hope someone can replicate it! :D

enfys
April 30th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Oh that soulds amazing! I was trying to imagine what no tassel would be like, but now I understand it!

Did it look like there was a lot of product in it? Because surely to mix two you'd need some help to smooth the join? Makes me think (hope?) it was super long!

JamieLeigh
April 30th, 2009, 09:07 AM
I tried for ages!! And when I finally got it, I couldn't keep it in long enough at the joined section to get a good pic of it. I discovered immediately that if you try to join two braids without a tassel, you will be unbraiding one of them in the process. Lol. So I tried to tuck the ends in, and I had about 6 braid "bumps" crossed with each other before it would stay at all. I think enfys might be right, there must have been a lot of product on it to keep the ends smoothed together, if they were joined in the middle. Either that or years of expertise, neither of which I have on hand! :( Sorry for the false alarm...but I'm not giving up! I WILL master this style. :mad: