PDA

View Full Version : Hate this hair toy....

Shanarana
April 5th, 2008, 08:26 AM
It's called the "fan tail" and I got it a while ago and thought I would try and use it on my hair. Big mistake, the darn thing got stuck in my hair and it took my 30 min to get it out without taking half my hair with it. Needless to say it is now in the trash. :doh:

anna1850
April 5th, 2008, 08:36 AM
I got one of those. I could never understand the instructions at all (and I'm normally really good with them. I'm quite a technical type of person) The thing that confused me most was are you supposed to pull your hair through the middle hole? because it's got all those bits in it that would make it almost impossible. I just remember staring at it for ages and being confused. It feels like a massive April Fool's joke. I looked on the internet to see if anyone had been able to use it and only found a bunch of other confused people.

Worst hair toy ever!

eadwine
April 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM
OUCH!!! Sounds very painful indeed *frowns*

angelthadiva
April 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I got one too...Well, actually 3 of them! One came in a pack of two, for like twin ponytails, and a larger one for just one ponytail. I figured them out just fine, it was taking them out which was a pain in the drain! Poor DD's hair was all tangly! :(

Peggy E.
April 5th, 2008, 08:56 AM
Any pics? I have never heard of this thing - sounds a bit like the Spanish Inquisition ponytail clincher I had and which is now gone, with those biting "teeth" things going on. Ouch!

I can usually tell anymore by looking at one of them whether it's going to be a disaster or not. So why I'll go ahead and try it, anyway, is a complete and utter mystery!

Guess the curiosity of what it will look like in my hair gets the best of me. It's followed up by the disasterous removal, which I KNEW was going to be awaiting anyone taking that sort of risk with that sort of toy!

Sorry you had so much trouble and hope you didn't sacrifice a lot of hair in the process.

Raederle
April 5th, 2008, 09:44 AM
<snip> I can usually tell anymore by looking at one of them whether it's going to be a disaster or not. So why I'll go ahead and try it, anyway, is a complete and utter mystery!

Guess the curiosity of what it will look like in my hair gets the best of me. It's followed up by the disasterous removal, which I KNEW was going to be awaiting anyone taking that sort of risk with that sort of toy!<snip>

Ah, it's because you're a woman of zest and adventure, Peggy; and who knows, there's always that chance that you'll beat the odds.

TheHippieChick
April 5th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I want to see one too Peggy!

***EDIT***
I did a search and this is the thingy I kept coming up with...ooooh I want one!
http://www.hairdini.com/hairdini2.html

Patrycja
April 5th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I can't see it :( but glad you did throw it away.

Feisty Redhead
April 5th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I got two of them a while back, out of curiosity. They were cheap so I figured it couldn't hurt to try them. The instructions were not helpful at all, and I had a heck of a time with it. In the end I *think* I figured out how to use them but I don't know for sure, I just decided my hair is simply too long and thick to use them. I just gave them to my mom the other day, I was telling her about them and she said she wants to try them. Her hair is pretty thin compared to mine, and it's short too so maybe she will be able to use them, I don't know. I told her if she can't figure them out to just toss them.

Peggy, I have a couple pictures of it.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/IMG_3097-1.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/IMG_3096-1.jpg

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff265/lips_of_an_angel_photos/IMG_3095-1.jpg

anna1850
April 5th, 2008, 10:03 AM
***EDIT***
I did a search and this is the thingy I kept coming up with...ooooh I want one!
http://www.hairdini.com/hairdini2.html

I have one of those too. I love buying weird hair gizmos. I couldn't really get it to work though. I can do a bun with it but it doesn't look very neat as the ends don't join together (for that hairstyle it's a bit like a hairagami or a whirl-a-style but not as good). I wanted to do the candy cane hairstyle (like a french twist) but it would always end up very loose on one side and tight on the other so it looked weird.

I ought to have another go with it again when I have some free time. It didn't work well for me but it won't hurt your hair if you use it wrong so that's something. It's essentially a kind of padded stick with a hole in the middle and wires to bend it into shape.

doodlesmart
April 5th, 2008, 10:21 AM
:couch: If it were made of metal, it almost looks like some sort of strange scary torture device.

rubyredslippers
April 6th, 2008, 01:43 AM
I had a headband that looked kind of like that, where one twisted and clipped the hair back, but I got rid of it because it wouldn't stay still on my head . . . your ponytail one would be harder though, by virtue of the whole coiling-and-securing-while-unable-to-see business.:D