PDA

View Full Version : My 1st Anniversary! *Pics*

MsBubbles
April 27th, 2009, 10:57 AM
3 days early...is that allowed? :hmm:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=3316

I came here looking for tips on how to keep 'long' (APL) hair in good condition. Well, I found that info, plus all kinds of inspiration to grow my hair to hip length :). Thanks guys :thumbsup:

10+ years of 'Mom' hair - highlights, layers, velcro-rollers and blowfrying - ended in Oct 2007 when I ran out of money for the salon. After my hair started tickling my shoulders about 6 months later I decided 'why not' go for long hair again, thinking what with impending menopause I might only have 10 more years left of growing hair anyway. Happy to find here on LHC that I am probably going to be wrong about that too...

Fast forward to April 2009, after an agonizing 10 months of monthly trimming back to BSL (25") to grow my layers out and get a straight-across hemline to make my thin, straight and fine hair look healthier and fuller:

I hope the pics aren't too dark. I can't tell. My home monitor is too bright and my work monitor is too dark.

Anyway, what a great website and great people. Thank you for all your help. Maybe I can make the best of my hair genes after all.

SimplyLonghair
April 27th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair looks so nice and has really grown! :happydance:

melrose1985
April 27th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Looks really great! I like the color alot.

lapushka
April 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Happy anniversary. You did a great job taking care of your hair! It looks awesome!

Fireweed
April 27th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Your hair looks healthy.

Gypsygirl
April 27th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! :blossom:
And the pictures aren't too dark, I think.

Silver Strands
April 27th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Very nice!
Your hair is very lovely. I love the color.

You did a great job with the contrasting color for the picture.
Some people take pictures with dark shirts on and dark hair and I can't see where the hair ends and the shirt begins.

jivete
April 27th, 2009, 11:24 AM
Happy anniversary! It's looking good.

We joined at about the same time, have similar types (fineness and thickness, I believe), have the same problem getting rid of layers and have made about the same progress. I just think it's neat.:)

SchnauzerMom
April 27th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks very pretty, great progress!

Pixna
April 27th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Your hair is beautiful and in wonderful shape -- very smooth and sleek! I like both hemlines on you.

sahiba
April 27th, 2009, 11:53 AM
Happy anniversary :flowers: its a great progress and I love the anniversary picture :)

KajiKodomo
April 27th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Congrats on the growth! :D

LutraLutra
April 27th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Yay, happy anniversary :cheer: Great growth and your hair looks really healthy too.

DavidN
April 27th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Congratulations, MsBubbles, on your 1 year LHC anniversary!

Your hair is so thick, shiny and healthy, and you have made wonderful progress since you joined!

starshinedarkly
April 27th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Happy anniversary!
Your hair is lovely. :)

Ndnlady
April 27th, 2009, 12:43 PM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair has really grown and it's beautiful!:)

utdesertrunner
April 27th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Gorgeous, gorgeous! What a beautiful color and great growth too!

patience
April 27th, 2009, 01:28 PM
Happy anniversary!:flower:

I love your hair. Such a beautiful color and very very healthy.

GlennaGirl
April 27th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Ms. Bubbles, you have beautiful golden strands, just exactly what I'd have pictured the princess in Rumpelstiltskin to have. (Remember how he wove her hair into gold?) Besides frothing with frustrated jealousy, allow me to congratulate you. Good going, good growing!

MsBubbles
April 27th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Such wonderful comments! Thank you so much!! LHC takes all the credit.

What an ego boost. Anniversaries need to come around more often!

Robinlyn
April 27th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Happy Anniversary...I love your new pic!!! Congrats to you!!!

jera
April 27th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Congrats ! Your hair looks awesome. So healthy and shiny. Good work quitting all those bad habits. :)

rags
April 27th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is beautiful, shiny and healthy! Gorgeous!

wild_horses
April 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Happy Anniversary!! Your hair is just beauitful. I love the color.

squiggyflop
April 27th, 2009, 05:51 PM
congrats and im jealous of your color..

MsBubbles
April 27th, 2009, 06:00 PM
You did a great job with the contrasting color for the picture.
Some people take pictures with dark shirts on and dark hair and I can't see where the hair ends and the shirt begins.

Thanks! I would never wear that top otherwise though - it's so tight you can see my spare tyres.

Your hair is beautiful and in wonderful shape -- very smooth and sleek! I like both hemlines on you.

Hmm, maybe I'll let it grow to waist with wild abandon and won't worry much about the hem shape :). Although these were 'just combed' photos so that's about as good as it gets, lol!

Your hair is so thick, shiny and healthy, and you have made wonderful progress since you joined!

Thick!! (runs to go phone Mother to make up for 42 years of hair disappointments)

Ms. Bubbles, you have beautiful golden strands, just exactly what I'd have pictured the princess in Rumpelstiltskin to have. (Remember how he wove her hair into gold?)

Wow! Thanks! I'd forgotten that part of the story.

congrats and im jealous of your color..

Yeah well I'm jealous of your runaway growth (ok that sounds weird).

Stubborn
April 27th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Your hair looks great and healthy. Keep it growing :)

jessie58
April 27th, 2009, 10:22 PM
Your hair is lovely and silky and has definitely gained some length. Happy LHC anniversary.

katiana
April 27th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Your hair looks very healthy...great growth, beautiful!

Redheaded Raven
April 27th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Happy Anniversary:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

lynnala
April 28th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Your hair looks so beautiful, shiny and healthy! Congrats!

Debra83
April 28th, 2009, 01:26 AM
Happy Anniversary, Happy ANNiversary, Happy ANNIVERSARY....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! (It's a Flintstone song!!! Can't remember the name of the real tune though, sorry!!)

Anyway, lovely hair - can't wait to get to that length. I bet you are very pleased. Are you growing as long as you can?

milemma
April 28th, 2009, 01:35 AM
happy anniversary, nice hair

zombi
April 28th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Wow, your hair looks great!

paper
April 28th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

Your hair looks great! Good job on getting rid of layers. I know they can be a pain. Now, you can just let your hair grow. I can't wait to see what it will look like next year!

MsBubbles
April 28th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Happy Anniversary, Happy ANNiversary, Happy ANNIVERSARY....HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! (It's a Flintstone song!!! Can't remember the name of the real tune though, sorry!!)

Anyway, lovely hair - can't wait to get to that length. I bet you are very pleased. Are you growing as long as you can?

I remember that song! Haha.

I am pleasantly surprised, and would never have known these things if I hadn't spent so much time on LHC the past year.

I think I'm going to hope for hip length in good condition (not asking much! LOL!). Hoping I don't reach terminal before that.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments!

squiggyflop
April 28th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Yeah well I'm jealous of your runaway growth (ok that sounds weird).
no need to be jealous.. mine has been growing very slow lately.. it only really grew fast in the beginning when i was stressfree and taking vitamins...

Morningglory
April 28th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Nice job with your blunt hemline! Your hair looks very pretty and healthy!

JamieLeigh
April 28th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! :flower: Happy anniversary! I can't wait to see what it looks like at hip. :)

AnneAdeline
April 28th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Happy anniversary!
Your hair looks great, and what a fantastic color!

Tangles
April 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
That is perfect hair. A very flattering length on you!

tiny_teesha
April 28th, 2009, 07:12 PM
your hair looks simply magnificent!!! WOW. looks shinier too!

coppercurls
April 28th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Nice growth & shine!:cheese:

Cereus
April 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Happy Anniversary. Your hair looks gorgeous!

sagebabies
April 28th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Your hair looks really great! Way to go!

girlcat36
April 28th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Happy 1st anniversary!!
I've enjoyed watching your progress since you are a fellow finie/thinnie. You have made excellent progress, your hair is beautiful!