PDA

View Full Version : Thanks LHC (Pic!)

pocahonta_s
April 27th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Hello ladies (and gentlemen, too)

Just wanted to say a little thank you and say how glad I am to have found this forum... I havent been here long yet, but long enough for my hair to have improved massively.

A few months ago it was dry, brittle, stringy, disgusting, and getting shorter and shorter. Today it is still very fragile but looks and feels a 1000 times better.

Everyone compliments me on my hair, everybody wants to touch it. It is shiny and a lovely black colour since i have discovered indigo. I have embraced my curls, and they are (at last!) bouncy and glossy rather than uneven, flat and sull.

Today I roller set my hair and for the first time ever i am happy with the results! My hair is silky and finally feels healthy. I will try and take photos if my temperamental camera feels so inclined. Below is a photo of my hair curly. I love it and I am so grateful for this forum and all the great advice I have gotten! Thanks to you all.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa221/Cheeseistheword/pocahontas.jpg

pocahonta_s
April 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Oops, sorry the photo is massive, not sure how to make it smaller? I can't edit my posts yet, so if a kind moderator wants to delete th epicture i can try posting it smaller.

JamieLeigh
April 27th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Your hair is very lovely, and I'm glad you're enjoying the forum. Welcome to LHC, if I haven't said it before. :flower:

Janka
April 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Wow, your hair is really gorgeous.
I also needed this forum to accept my hair type and stop fighting it...
Just keep up the good work and enjoy your hair!

Naava
April 27th, 2009, 09:50 AM
You have a really beatiful hair (and face too) :)

GlassEyes
April 27th, 2009, 09:54 AM
Your hair is lovely. XD But you aren't a 4a/b. You're about a 3b/c.

It seems like everytime I post in one of these threads, I comment on hairtyping. xD; That must be obnoxious. Not like it really matters.

DarkChocolate
April 27th, 2009, 10:59 AM
Your hair is pretty:)

I love your curls too:)

goodluckcharm
April 27th, 2009, 11:04 AM
You're hair looks so good!! I love your curls. :)

LiraelQ
April 27th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Your hair is beautiful!

I joined around when you did, and LHC has already taught me so much! The difference between my hair now and a month and a half ago is just insane!

jahof45
April 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Here, here! I also am new and am thankful that LHC is here. This is an amazing site full of information about hair that I never knew. The community is also one of the most supportive groups I've ever joined. I wish I had found this site years ago.

Pocahonta: you are a very beautiful woman. Your hair is gorgeous.

Gypsygirl
April 27th, 2009, 11:26 AM
Wow, your hair is beautiful! You are beautiful! :bigeyes:

I totally second what you said- the only thing I've tried so far is "SMT", but my hair loves it! :cheese:

Pixna
April 27th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Your hair is beautiful!! Love the curls. Did the roller setting make it curlier? I'm wondering about your natural hair type (without the roller setting).

LutraLutra
April 27th, 2009, 12:06 PM
Your hair looks great, the curls are really pretty.

DavidN
April 27th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Welcome to the LHC, Pocahonta_s, and thank you for sharing your photo. You are blessed with the most beautiful thick and bouncy curls.

Áine
April 27th, 2009, 12:46 PM
Gorgeous hair, and it looks so healthy. That indigo sure did you justice!

I thought I might add that I don't think you are actually a type 4 at all. It looks like a solid 3B type to me. I've seen 3Cs with a consistently tighter curl pattern than that.

Rohele
April 27th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Beautiful curls! I agree with the others about it being in the 3 range.

KajiKodomo
April 27th, 2009, 01:50 PM
Your hair is beautiful! :D Congrats on embracing it!

serious
April 27th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Beautiful lady with gorgeous hair!
Welcome:flowers:

lapushka
April 27th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Beautiful curls! Amazing hair!

Elphie
April 27th, 2009, 02:38 PM
I can't imagine that your hair actually looked "bad" with such a beautiful photograph!
Welcome!

AuntyClaus
April 27th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Beautiful, beautiful hair! :)

GlennaGirl
April 27th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Holy cow! That is absolutely, positively gorgeous! Lovely curls!

pocahonta_s
April 27th, 2009, 08:58 PM
Thanks to all of you for your kind and generous comments!

Your hair is lovely. XD But you aren't a 4a/b. You're about a 3b/c.

It seems like everytime I post in one of these threads, I comment on hairtyping. xD; That must be obnoxious. Not like it really matters.

Gorgeous hair, and it looks so healthy. That indigo sure did you justice!

I thought I might add that I don't think you are actually a type 4 at all. It looks like a solid 3B type to me. I've seen 3Cs with a consistently tighter curl pattern than that.

Beautiful curls! I agree with the others about it being in the 3 range.

Ha ha Glass Eyes not obnoxious at all - I wasnt sure what my hair type was at all, so I based myself on photographs of other women with hair that looked similar. Thanks for the tip, at least now I know what it actually is.

Your hair is beautiful!! Love the curls. Did the roller setting make it curlier? I'm wondering about your natural hair type (without the roller setting).

Pixna these curls aren't from a roller set but a braid-out. My hair is naturally this curly but the curls get a bit messy and uneven or frizzy unless I leave it soaking wet after a shower and drip dry (which is an absolute pain). So I spray my hair with a bit of water and braid it at night (into 8 braids). When i undo the braids in the morning it looks like that photo.

When I want straight hair i do a roller set with big rollers (approx 7cm diameter) and dry under a hooded dryer (takes forever!), then when i take the rollers out I gently comb the curls out, wrap my hair around my own head, cover it in glad wrap to hold it together and go to bed. In the morning it is nice and straight. I wish I could post a picture but my camera stubbornely refuses to function.

Ndnlady
April 27th, 2009, 11:42 PM
Wow! You have beautiful hair!:)

pocahonta_s
April 28th, 2009, 03:47 AM
Finally got the camera to work (it is ancient). Here is my hair today, from the roller set:

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss215/pocahonta_s_photos/MemyselfandI2033.jpg

http://i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss215/pocahonta_s_photos/MemyselfandI2042.jpg

I cant get it perfectly straight with just the rollers, but I guess I am happy with this for now!

zombi
April 28th, 2009, 03:52 AM
your hair is beautiful!

I agree, it's amazing what LHC does for your hair. Mine is already better and man, it just hasn't been that long! Clearly this is [insert deity]'s gift to the internet.

Pixna
April 28th, 2009, 05:16 AM
Oh wow, it looks beautiful rolled and worn "straight." I do love your curls, though. But, frankly, you are gorgeous either way!!!!!

pdy2kn6
April 28th, 2009, 07:12 AM
....stunnin'

aahavaa
April 28th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Great beautiful hair! also looks awesome both ways,both with rollers or leaving it curly.Now you make me want to attack that packet of indigo which I have had for 2 years and havent tried yet LOL..(its probably demised now or whatever)

Nes
April 28th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Wow seriously gorgeous hair. Congratulations on your hair-ppily ever after :o)

Oh and btw your eyebrows are great. I'm always trying to get the perfect arch.

Nes x

Morningglory
April 28th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Oh, your hair is so beautiful!

spidermom
April 28th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Your hair looks really pretty.

Firefly
April 28th, 2009, 10:15 AM
It looks beautiful! Both the curls and straight are pretty IMO.

If you ever get the picture thing figured out, let me know-- I have the same problem with them appearing huge no matter how I resize! :rolleyes:

pocahonta_s
April 28th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Thanks to all of you for your comments. :flower:

Each of you has beautiful, inspiring hair - and I am so glad to have found this space!

SimplyLonghair
April 28th, 2009, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the boards! You are beautiful and so are your curls. This is a great place to learn and grow and find great support! :happydance:

adventuring
April 28th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Aw, your hair is so, so beautiful.

Debra83
April 28th, 2009, 10:05 PM
very nice looking!

Lucky
April 29th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Your hair is beautiful. I'm so glad that you've been able to get it into better condition. This is a great forum indeed! Happy growing!

elliebean184
April 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Wow- that's gorgeous!- Both the curly and straight I'm glad LHC has helped so much!

cindy58
April 29th, 2009, 04:01 PM
You and your hair are beautiful! The dark hair is perfect for you.

Jessikinz
April 29th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Awwe your hair is so gorgeous, and you are too! :)

LHGypsyRose
April 29th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Awwe your hair is so gorgeous, and you are too! :)

I must agree!:D

Redheaded Raven
April 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Your hair is lovely, Welcome to LHC:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

AnneAdeline
April 29th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Wow, your curls are amazing! I can't wait to see them once you reach hip.
And welcome to LHC! :flower:

melrose1985
April 29th, 2009, 05:30 PM
your hair looks great and you are very pretty!

pocahonta_s
May 5th, 2009, 11:48 PM
Thanks for all your comments! Have had the flu so have beed stuck in bed with no internet access - made me realise how much time i actually spend on here during the normal course of a day lol.

Thanks ladies :)

Kiraela
May 8th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Your hair is lovely! I wish I had curls like that...

redneckprincess
May 8th, 2009, 05:13 PM
your hair is very pretty♥