PDA

View Full Version : Thin Hair ends

wh!terose
April 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM
hello everyone ..

Has any1 experince this before... :confused: i have noticed long hair growing but it's toooo thin ...& it doesnt look healthy:rolleyes:

so any ideas .. here's my hair endshttp://www2.0zz0.com/2009/04/27/15/885037779.jpg

thanks

wh!terose
April 27th, 2009, 09:04 AM
and if i cut them !! no more long hair !!

JamieLeigh
April 27th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Hair doesn't tend to grow at the same speed all over your head, so you will have places where your hair looks longer than the rest. Usually those longer places are right in the middle, if you were to look from the back when it's loose. This is usually called "fairytaling", and if you're ok with how this looks, then there is no need to trim, beyond S&D. If you want a fuller, thicker hemline or want it to look straighter at the ends, you might consider a small trim.

I hope this helps! Personally, I think your hair looks nice in the back shot. :flower:

lora410
April 27th, 2009, 09:10 AM
It's called fairytale ends. It can happen either from damage or some of your hair growing faster then the rest. I tend to trim when my ends try to thin because I want a blunt hemline, however a lot of people like fairytale ends.

wh!terose
April 27th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Thank you all :)

actualy before like one year i had this .. so i decide to tirm it all in 1 length .. & i did

now am trying to grow longer ..same happend

i guess ill leave it as it's ..and ill wait for all hairs to be in same length maybe 1 year more :S

wh!terose
April 27th, 2009, 09:23 AM
Hair doesn't tend to grow at the same speed all over your head, so you will have places where your hair looks longer than the rest. Usually those longer places are right in the middle, if you were to look from the back when it's loose. This is usually called "fairytaling", and if you're ok with how this looks, then there is no need to trim, beyond S&D. If you want a fuller, thicker hemline or want it to look straighter at the ends, you might consider a small trim.

I hope this helps! Personally, I think your hair looks nice in the back shot. :flower:

Thaaaaaaaaank you :)
ya but from faraway its doesnt look long !! but those thin hair are realy long ..some can reach my waist !
ill wait till other grow in same length
thanks alot for replying

Rosepatrice
April 27th, 2009, 09:26 AM
From one Rose to another, I don't see that your ends are that bad, mine are thinnner then yours are to be. Your hair looks very pretty.

MsBubbles
April 27th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Some people cut off half of their growth each month, so that they can still grow their hair longer, but keep control of their hemline so it eventually 'thickens up' after a while. Patience is the magic key to all this.

For example, if your hair grows 1/2 an inch each month, then carefully trim off 1/4 of an inch off your ends. This is possible if you're doing 'Feye's self trim' method. If you go to a salon for trims it might be impossible to get the stylist to cut off the right amount without taking off too much.

wh!terose
April 27th, 2009, 09:33 AM
thanks Rose no realy am suffering from this am not geting same length or same thickness

wh!terose
April 27th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Some people cut off half of their growth each month, so that they can still grow their hair longer, but keep control of their hemline so it eventually 'thickens up' after a while. Patience is the magic key to all this.

For example, if your hair grows 1/2 an inch each month, then carefully trim off 1/4 of an inch off your ends. This is possible if you're doing 'Feye's self trim' method. If you go to a salon for trims it might be impossible to get the stylist to cut off the right amount without taking off too much.

Thaaanks maybe ill go for 1/4 trim will try that

From one Rose to another, I don't see that your ends are that bad, mine are thinnner then yours are to be. Your hair looks very pretty.

thanks again rose

lora410
April 27th, 2009, 09:36 AM
Thank you all :)

actualy before like one year i had this .. so i decide to tirm it all in 1 length .. & i did

now am trying to grow longer ..same happend

i guess ill leave it as it's ..and ill wait for all hairs to be in same length maybe 1 year more :S

Just an FYI your hair may not all get to one length and probably will continue to fairytale. I think the only cure for fairytale is to trim; unless this is the desired effect you want.

wh!terose
April 27th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Just an FYI your hair may not all get to one length and probably will continue to fairytale. I think the only cure for fairytale is to trim; unless this is the desired effect you want.

thanks lora ..ya guess that maybe little trim only ..cz i want to reach waist length

thaaaaank you swety

JamieLeigh
April 27th, 2009, 09:44 AM
If you're happy with where the longest bits are right now, you could try to maintain them there with micro-trims while you wait for the rest of your hair to catch up. And if it never does, then you'll still have long hair. :)

Peggy E.
April 27th, 2009, 11:16 AM
No matter what I do, I end up with fairy tale ends. So, guess I need to learn to luv 'em or have short hair - luv 'em it is!

At least your hair is nice and dark, so you can see them. Mine is silver/gray/brownish-blondish that's invisible at the thin ends. I wear it up all the time, though, so I'm not terribly bothered by it!

I think your hair is lovely, btw.

wh!terose
April 27th, 2009, 11:35 AM
No matter what I do, I end up with fairy tale ends. So, guess I need to learn to luv 'em or have short hair - luv 'em it is!

At least your hair is nice and dark, so you can see them. Mine is silver/gray/brownish-blondish that's invisible at the thin ends. I wear it up all the time, though, so I'm not terribly bothered by it!

I think your hair is lovely, btw.
thank you Peggy
ill start to love it ..and stop looking every 2 min ..anyways if the rest of hair follow it up it will be nice even if its fairy tale

thaaaaaaank you ladies

Babyfine
April 27th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Whiterose, my hair is exactly the same way.
I always have thin ends when it gets past my shoulders.
I've cut my hair several times to get thick ends.
I'm now trying Jamie Leigh's suggestion of doing micro-trims to keep my ends a little thicker while the rest of my hair catches up.
I think your hair is very pretty, by the way.

girlcat36
April 27th, 2009, 04:30 PM
I have the same problem with my hair. I do a microtrim every two months to thicken the hemline without losing a lot of length all at once.

wild_horses
April 27th, 2009, 04:57 PM
My ends used to look like that. I started doing little mini trims about every 2 months and it has made a world of difference.

GeoJ
April 27th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I have also had similar troubles. I used to grow my hair to classic then cut it to tailbone, and do the same over and over because it always grew back thin.

I have been trimming monthly to maintain my length for several months now, and it has made a big difference. My ends are finally thickening without having to lose length.

tiny_teesha
April 27th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Check out the "see through ends" thread, there are many on that thread which monthly trim a portion to gradually thicken their hair. :)
That happens with my hair too, don't worry. It does gradually thicken, but if your terminal is early, then the odds of thickening is less.

Jessica Trapp
April 27th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I like fairy tale ends!:flower:

wh!terose
April 28th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Whiterose, my hair is exactly the same way.
I always have thin ends when it gets past my shoulders.
I've cut my hair several times to get thick ends.
I'm now trying Jamie Leigh's suggestion of doing micro-trims to keep my ends a little thicker while the rest of my hair catches up.
I think your hair is very pretty, by the way.

Thanks alot babyfine .. actually if i try to trim i cant cz every single hair has diff. length so what am doing at the moment take some ..& micro trim

I have the same problem with my hair. I do a microtrim every two months to thicken the hemline without losing a lot of length all at once.
thanks alot girlcat .. ya coz once we trim we will losse the length

My ends used to look like that. I started doing little mini trims about every 2 months and it has made a world of difference.
thanks ill try :)

I have also had similar troubles. I used to grow my hair to classic then cut it to tailbone, and do the same over and over because it always grew back thin.

I have been trimming monthly to maintain my length for several months now, and it has made a big difference. My ends are finally thickening without having to lose length.
thanks for sharing :)

Check out the "see through ends" thread, there are many on that thread which monthly trim a portion to gradually thicken their hair. :)
That happens with my hair too, don't worry. It does gradually thicken, but if your terminal is early, then the odds of thickening is less.
I'll check that ..thank you soo much

girlcat36
April 28th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Whiterose---try to trim your own ends, that way you have control over the amount that is trimmed. Invariably, when I went to a hairdresser asked for a half inch trim, the stylist would trim back to where she thought it should be trimmed to. So I would end up losing 4" when I asked for a 1/2" trim. I have only been able to gain length by trimming my own hair.

When I do trim I take off a millimeter or two off the longest ends; over time this makes a difference.