PDA

View Full Version : Switching from cone to non-cone - clarify?

Merewen
April 26th, 2009, 07:03 PM
If I am going to switch from a conditioner with cones to a cone free conditioner, do I need to clarify when I switch?
Thanks!

EvaSimone
April 26th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Yes you should clarify with a sulfate shampoo that doesn't contain silicones to make sure that you don't have any build up.

Merewen
April 26th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Thank you. I thought that might have been the case, but I wasn't entirely sure if it was necessary or more of an option. I will have to go get me some clarifying shampoo.

florenonite
April 28th, 2009, 02:51 AM
You should always clarify before making changes in your routine to get rid of any residue from what you were using. For instance, if you've been using a leave-in conditioner but want to try coconut oil instead, clarify beforehand to make sure you get the residue from the leave-in out of your hair. I just clarified on the weekend because I've been using 'cones and want to try 'poo-bars, and I've realised that my hair prefers no-cone (I have no idea why I went back to 'cones in the first place :rolleyes:)

chickpea
April 28th, 2009, 05:41 AM
yes, I would recommend clarifying when changing your hair routine. Gladtobemom wrote an excellent post on this:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15746

I use the Joico chelating shampoo once or twice a month and it works great. My scalp doesn't usually like sulfate shampoos but can tolerate occasional use of them.