PDA

View Full Version : Braided beehive?

Diamondbell
April 26th, 2009, 05:32 AM
I am not able to find the instructions for this updo! Does it start with 4 braids? Thanks

Heavenly Locks
April 26th, 2009, 05:35 AM
I've never seen/heard of this :) I'm interested to see a link or photo!

rach
April 26th, 2009, 06:31 AM
my quick minds response was a bit odd- involve a bottle on top of head and allot of braids squished through the top of the bottle. idea came from a tread i saw a few weeks back of a utube clip of a kid making a tall head pony tail which was slightly amusing.
ignore me. i have odd ideas sometimes. :p

healthier than backcombing , i curious also in seeing link or photo of this

Diamondbell
April 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM
I don't have any pictures of it. The pictures are in the archives (old board), but I can't view them any more! :( Too bad...

Samikha
April 26th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Here (http://imaginary-styles.iwarp.com/hair/st5.html) is a version of a beehive, at least. All the other things Google came up with involved massive amounts of hairspray and backcombing, and they weren't braided, either :/

Tigerdawn
April 26th, 2009, 11:08 AM
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j94/tigerdawn47/braidedbeehive.jpg

This is my version of a braided beehive. I used 6 braids. People with super thick/no taper hair use 4 braids. It took a looooong time to make. I think I left it in for 2 or 3 days to make it worth the effort. I believe Maidmarian and Emichee have beehive pics too.

HairColoredHair
April 26th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Basically, yes. Four or five braids (or more I suppose) depending on your time and patience... When I tried it it helped to braid them in a line instead of all from one point.

Then bun the braid in the dead middle of your hair and pin it in place, then wrap the next braid around it and the next braid around that and so forth. Depending on the length of your hair and the number of braids it'll change how 'beehive' it looks.

Did that help any?

Diamondbell
April 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Basically, yes. Four or five braids (or more I suppose) depending on your time and patience... When I tried it it helped to braid them in a line instead of all from one point.

Then bun the braid in the dead middle of your hair and pin it in place, then wrap the next braid around it and the next braid around that and so forth. Depending on the length of your hair and the number of braids it'll change how 'beehive' it looks.

Did that help any?

That helped a lot HairColoredHair - more than you could imagine! Your instructions are clear. And thanks Tigerdawn for that awesome picture and tips too. This is a beautiful updo. Glad I remembered it! :)

tinker bug
April 26th, 2009, 08:42 PM
personally, I use 4 braids--it takes long enough to braid and pin four!
I believe that maidmarian has the detailed instructions in her blog in the archives. I'm not sure if its on the new site, and I haven't seen maidmarian around lately to know if shes still a member...I hope she still is, she has gorgeous color, not to mention mind-boggling length!

Diamondbell
April 28th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Voilà!
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8116/braidedbeehiveapril2809.jpg

longhairedfairy
April 28th, 2009, 02:02 AM
Very neat! :hollie:

Diamondbell
April 28th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Thanks! :lol: