PDA

View Full Version : best conditioner for hair treatments/mixes

Yedda
April 25th, 2009, 10:39 PM
I started using molasses in my conditioner with positive results. The first several times I did this, I used my cone conditioner because I had not purchased a cone free conditioner yet. It worked great. (The conditioner was Loreal professional)

Now that I've purchased cone-free conditioner (Aubrey Organics), I've started mixing the molasses and applying it, but now I do not have good results. The molasses and conditioner do not seem to mix well (lots of clumps/particles), and afterwords my hair gets kind of stiff/stringy/feels oily.

Will I still get the benefits of molasses if I use it with my cone conditioner (or does the cone "seal" cause a problem?)?

If you recommend I use a cone free conditioner, do you have any recommendations for one that mixes well?

swirlytresses
April 25th, 2009, 10:51 PM
I think it depends on the conditioner (cone free) that you use. It's the same way with honey. I used it with a particular conditioner and it made my hair feel weird, it's like it didn't mix well. I've used it with other conditioners and it worked great. I like using honey with suave (coconut) and I've also used it with a cone free Garnier conditioner with good results. Hope this helps you.

JamieLeigh
April 25th, 2009, 11:05 PM
I've been mixing honey in my Suave Naturals tropical coconut conditioner with phenomenal results! I've not had a problem with it yet, and I'm not sure it's because it's cone-free, or because that particular scent already contains honey in the ingredients?

I'll also say that I've mixed extra-virgin olive oil with a cone-filled leave-in (Infusium-23) and had great results also. I'm not sure how many laws of physics that defies, but I got nicely moisturized hair after leaving that in for over 24 hours. ;)

Furiana
April 26th, 2009, 12:47 AM
FWIW, I've had good results mixing honey into:

V05 Free Me Freesia, Nectarine Orange Surge, Vanilla Mint Tea Therapy

Suave naturals coconut, naturals lavender

White Rain Extra Body

Sunsilk Anti-Poof conditioner (discontinued?)

lailmil
April 26th, 2009, 02:13 AM
the best conditioner I use is one...for clothes! I've tryed a lot of mixes, but I see that the best one is conditioner+lineseed gel+a lot of water or orange guice/infusion.
it works good, because definites my hair but makes it soft and it's not heavy (but you have to be precise with diluition)
ah, and it's very cheap :D
here's the inciname, you'll sure find one similar where you live:

aqua
esterquat
parfum (from natural EO)
citric acid

I hope I've been useful

Nyghtingale
April 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM
I use the V05 tea therapy conditioner to mix with everything. I buy it 10 bottles at a time. It's good, and cheap.

AmyJorgensen
April 26th, 2009, 01:29 PM
When you mix honey (or molasses I guess) into conefree conditioner...do you mix it in your hand or can you mix up a big batch of it that will provide use for several occasions? Also, how much honey to how much conditioner? Do you have to rinse really well? I'm looking to make detangling easier since I went coneless.

AmyJorgensen
April 26th, 2009, 05:12 PM
bump...could someone who's done this answer with method and proportions? I would like to try it tonight.

Yedda
April 26th, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hi Amy,

I just mix it by hand and here is a link to a non LHC article to read about proportions or ways to use molasses.

http://www.blackvoices.com/blogs/2008/11/03/the-healthy-hair-benefits-of-molasses/