PDA

View Full Version : Freakishly ugly yet very comfy and practical updo

Airmide
April 5th, 2008, 12:43 AM
I just made up a new updo. It is freakishly ugly. But SOO comfortable and very practical I think. I keep having problems with the weight of my usual beebutt. I think my hairline is receding because of it, no matter how hard I try not to get it too tight.

So I combed all of my hair forward/upside down over my face. Then I put a hairclip it the same exact way I would have in back. I gently twirled the length slightly and wrapped it around (to my right) and then did a smaller bee-butt in back with the rest of the length. I secured the beebutt with my usual hair screw, and then added another clip around the ear so the wrapped length wouldn't sag too much.

No I don't have pictures because I don't think I ever want to be seen this way lol. But this is probably the most comfortable and balanced of any hairstyle I've ever worn. I think it will likely become my everyday at-home daytime style, and hopefully I might get some hair growth back in front.

Edited: pictures in post 15. I hate you all.

eadwine
April 5th, 2008, 12:45 AM
I might be misunderstanding something.. but my first question that came to mind was: how on earth can you see through that hair?

Or do you mean the first clip goes where one has bangs?

Cinnamon Hair
April 5th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I'm having the same problem as eadwine. What's this about putting a clip over your ear? Just kidding. I can't picture it at all though. Think you will have to show us a pic. :p

Nynaeve
April 5th, 2008, 12:49 AM
I think she means she flips her hair over, clips it down so that it looks like she has very long bangs, then twists and rolls it around like a chinese bun?
Maybe...
How very wrong am I? :D

Airmide
April 5th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Uuum well yeah at first it was hard to see through the hair as I was trying to brush it out lol. But I clip it like right at the forehead then wrap it to the side. Does that make any more sense? Please don't make me take pictures :couch:

eadwine
April 5th, 2008, 01:13 AM
Yes, it does

I was just wondering why you were clipping it over your face :lol: Now I know you are not :lol:

jel
April 5th, 2008, 03:16 AM
I'm afraid I don't understand, either (but that's not unusual for me with any updo instructions, LOL).

Do you mean you're bunning your hair on the top of your head, at the front rather than the crown area?

Hypnotica
April 5th, 2008, 04:14 AM
Pic please...!

eresh
April 5th, 2008, 05:28 AM
Now I'm picturing you with a beebuttbun in the front of your head.... :D

Pictuuuure please :p

birdiefu
April 5th, 2008, 10:04 AM
I think I figured it out! So you lean forwards and clip all of your hair at the front hairline, right? Then gather the length (lightly twisting to keep it together) and let it drape around the side of your head toward your nape. Then at the nape you continue twisting, making a bee-butt at the regular location (except it doesn't actually originate there...you brought the length there) and pin in place. Where you had draped the hair around from forehead towards nape, you clipped down so it wouldn't run around your head. Is this right?

Sound like a lovely way to distribute the strain on the hair without having an actual bee-butt right on the front of your forehead. But alas, my scalp hair would scream in displeasure as it can't tolerate being combed forward and left there for more than say 10 minutes.

doodlesmart
April 5th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Now I'm picturing you with a beebuttbun in the front of your head.... :D

Pictuuuure please :p

I believe there actually is a picture of her with that from the Portland meet. :p :run:

akurah
April 5th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I really need a picture to be able to figure out this style. I'm word-inept when it comes to instructions, I need visual aids.

Besides, we're not gonna make fun of you and for all you know that style might be a lot prettier than you're giving it credit. :flower:

Wavelength
April 5th, 2008, 10:19 AM
We're always our own worst critic. It probably doesn't look half as bad as you think.

Pictures, pretty please with a cherry on top? We promise not to laugh! :wannabe:

Peggy E.
April 5th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Yep. You must post a picture. There's no way out of this one - we all know you have the camera and know how to use it!!!! ;o)

I mean, how bad could it be? There's no way it could top the french braid I had once with all those little animals sticking out of it which looked like a sad excuse for a porcupine, or the "creative" attempt at using my "hair buckle" (actually a stupid belt buckle!) and a scarf for a hair-styling challenge.

Now, if *I* showed these pics publicly, then there's no excuse for you not to do the same thing.... ;o) (Please, please, pretty please? I can't envision this style at all - I'm with the "hair over the eyes" bunch!)

Airmide
April 5th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Have I mentioned how much I hate you all? You think I don't see right through this? I know you all *perfectly* understand the instructions!

No it's not a beebutt on top of my head. I call that a unicorn bun.

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/1474/unicornbunys0.jpg

Here are the ones of this as of yet unnamed updo. Now I'm making the beebutt a little to the left of center to balance it more.

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/5945/1003778rk0.jpg

http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/2206/1003779hc6.jpg

http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/5233/1003780hz6.jpg

eadwine
April 5th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Well hey.. that with the clip and scroo looks mighty pretty if you ask me!

kwaniesiam
April 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM
It's almost like a single twist crown type thing if your hair is long enough to wrap all the way around your head. Maybe play with it and see? It doesn't look that bad, I've done some pretty ugly styles myself, trust me :flowers:

Airmide
April 5th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Yeah it probably could do that. But then I'd have to figure out another way to secure the rest besides the hairscrew. I could also try it braided and pinned from that front spot rather than back like a traditional crown type braid. I'm sure those would look SO much better, just not sure they'd be as comfy and easy.

zift
April 5th, 2008, 05:12 PM
Haha you're so funny :lol:
And that's weirdest and cutest style I've ever seen! Hahaha no seriously you're cute!
If it is comfortable why not! :rockerdud And if done with wet or damp hair I think it will help with having straighter hair. But I wouldn't wear it outside the house too hehe:p

wintersun99
April 5th, 2008, 05:26 PM

jupiterjuniper
April 5th, 2008, 05:32 PM
well, now I know what a scroo is - I had it wrong all along, must get the "other" picture out of my head now! :D
Yeah, I had this mental image of people putting the Frankenstein bolts into their hair. I was like, "Man, these folks are committed!"

Meanwhile, those updos are pretty cute.

Wavelength
April 5th, 2008, 06:11 PM
That does look pretty comfy. What the heck, if I didn't have bangs I'd probably do something similar at home. Chris is used to me doing weird things to my hair anyway. :silly:

jel
April 7th, 2008, 08:35 AM
Actually, it really looks very cute and far from ugly, let alone freakishly! A perfect opposite to the tight mean librarian bun...

Chromis
April 7th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Hee, it looks kinda cute actually! I love, love the buns in the back :)

Peggy E.
April 7th, 2008, 08:52 AM
It's nothing like I was envisioning. So, you can go on "hating" me, but your picture really helped.

Of course, it helped me decide that just maybe this wasn't something that would work for me....

Now, that "Bee Butt Unicorn Horn" thing, only a picture could begin to truly describe the, um, "uniqueness" of that particular style! ;o)

Nynaeve
April 8th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Hmmm. The picture helps, this is basically what I thought you meant, but with an extra hairtoy :)

FrannyG
April 8th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I'm so sorry that you hate me, but the photos really did help. :) I love the unicorn bun and the other one is cute too. Now, just to get about 18 more inches of length!

Druid of Alba
April 8th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I think that it looks cool! Sure it may not be the best style for a fancy dinner party (:p), but I think that it looks totally fine for around the house! Like somebody said earlier, it seems like a good way to straighten out the hair a bit. Anyway, thank you for sharing! :)