PDA

View Full Version : What does your S.O. Think about your hair?

Pages : [1] 2

Kiraela
April 25th, 2009, 04:09 PM
I guess I'm lucky in that I have a more than supportive boyfriend - He was the one who originally inspired me to grow my hair this long! He used to tell me stories of his friends from his younger years - One in particular named Lydia, who had classic length, gorgeous brown hair, and her hair featured in many of the stories about her.

I originally wanted to grow to TB, but he actually told me that he thought "Classic length would be perfect" on me. :D I've been teaching him LHC terms (and even got him to grow his own hair out!)...

So what does your significant other think? Are they supportive, do they hate it, do they even notice?

LittleOrca
April 25th, 2009, 04:20 PM
My fiancee loves my hair and I am lucky for that! He understands the care that goes into it and is not the stereotypical male when it comes to hating all my hair toys, products, or experiments. He supports me going floor length if I choose. He'd support whatever I wanted to do with my hair, even bob it (which I don't want to), even if it would make him a little sad.

He has even started his growing to see what it's like. :)

camara
April 25th, 2009, 04:22 PM
DH doesnīt care one way or the other. He knows, however, that it makes me a happier person to have long hair, so heīs fine with it.

AmyJorgensen
April 25th, 2009, 04:24 PM
My DH loves my long hair. I think it was the first thing that made him notice me.

Carolyn
April 25th, 2009, 04:44 PM
I voted "doesn't care" but to be honest we have never had a hair conversation. He could hate it for all I know. I never told him I planned to grow it longer just as as never told him of plans for cuts or perms or color. I never occurs to me to discuss my appearance with him. While I've had no complaints, I've also had no compliments or support. My hair growing efforts are a solitary pursuit other than my life here at LHC. I'm happy with that.

intothemist1999
April 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Hubby loves it. Loves it so much that when he now finds in places he least expects it :shocked: ...including in his food...he insists I stop apologizing because he'll put up with it to have my hair longer and longer!

SheWolf
April 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Mr. Wolf is a long hair freak. The thing I do not understand, is how he runs his hands through my hair all the time, loves the feel, the scent of my hair, even... Yet I promise you, these days, my hair looks horrific!
But he smiles and murmurs his appreciation like treasure hunter who's found THE cache. Everytime.
... Men. ;)

Anlbe
April 25th, 2009, 04:50 PM
My SO is very conservative about my appearance - he likes however I appear and hates the idea of change, so if I'm going to do something he won't like I just don't tell him and he doesn't tend to notice.

flapjack
April 25th, 2009, 05:34 PM
The boyfriend loves it, I think he likes it more than I do. He says that he used to not care about hair length and now he claims to have a huge preference for long hair on women. He blames me for this. :p Sometimes he even whines when I wear it in a braid to sleep and then takes it out when I'm not paying attention.

longhairedfairy
April 25th, 2009, 05:36 PM
Wah! I don't have one. :lol:

zen_oven
April 25th, 2009, 05:37 PM
My hubby loves my hair. He said the only thing he doesn't like about it is when he goes to snuggle with me in bed and accidentally rolls over on it (sometimes I yelp).

GeoJ
April 25th, 2009, 05:40 PM
My husband is very happy with my hair. He says he likes it best at classic length, but he also has never seen it looking healthy below classic. Maybe this time I can grow it longer and healthy.

Flynn
April 25th, 2009, 05:40 PM
My boyfriend's hair is long-ish too (about APL, I think... Hah, and I'm calling that long-ish!) and other than joking about whose shed hair is whose (and complaining that "hey! That one's still attached! Stop pulling!") he doesn't say much about it. He does seem to like stroking it while its drying, though.

Gumball
April 25th, 2009, 05:41 PM
bubbleguppy loves my hair! She lets me know it. That's sure an ego boost, too. She'll help style it, too, especially if I'm feeling lazy. The favor is always returned.

kwaniesiam
April 25th, 2009, 05:43 PM
DBF doesn't care what I do to my hair as long as I am happy, though more often than not he compliments braids and some hairtoys saying they are cute :)

I'm pretty sure he'd be pleased if my hair were made of cheese too, as would the cats. Easy snack access :silly:

sagebabies
April 25th, 2009, 05:56 PM
my husband says he doesn't care if it's long, as long as it's not too long. He thinks it'll get in the way of my fitness pursuits (we are both very active and do a lot of road bicycling and running), and he thinks hair past a woman's butt is a little too extreme and out there. When we met my hair was very short, and I think he really prefers it short. He would never tell me not to do what I want to do, and he would never tell me he wants me to cut it.

Right now my goal is somewhere between waist and tailbone.....if I want to grow it out longer than that he'll just have to deal!!!

BTW, he has APL , curly, red hair. That is long for a guy I think. But I like it!

Nat242
April 25th, 2009, 06:02 PM
My partner loves my long hair and compliments me often on it. He likes playing with it sometimes too.

But, he's also said that I'd look just as beautiful with a short pixie do or bald ;)

AnnaMarie
April 25th, 2009, 06:10 PM
My DH loves my hair. A few times in the past I've wanted to cut it short (before I found this place ;)) and hes always talked me out of it. However he doesn't want me to grow it any longer than waist (I'm nearly there now) And that never bothered me before, but now I'm getting closer to my goal I'm kinda thinking I want to grow to hip.... So I'm prob just quietly keep growing it, I actually doubt he'll notice :p It does bother me a little that hes most definately against me having bangs, as I would love bangs. But at the end of the day, its a small price to pay to make him happy so I don't mind really :o

Speckla
April 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
My husband loves my hair long because it gets curlier and wilder the longer it gets. He doesn't like it short at all but says I have to be happy with my hair and wear it how I like it.

Natalia
April 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Well i am currently single so i had to go with cheese :p. But my ex LOVED the look of long hair. Before we got together i was a blonde and he prefered that to my current dark brown but he still couldnt help but brush it back over my shoulders when he would kiss me. The thought still makes me get this big goofy smile on my face....sigh

Themyst
April 25th, 2009, 06:51 PM
My DH has no preference how I or any other woman wears their hair. He thinks having a hair forum is silly, and anytime he catches me on it, he sarcastically acts like a woman and starts talking in a high pitched voice about his hair.:rolleyes:

But, when we go out and I wear my hair down, I do catch him putting his hand on my back a lot lately and stroking it.

jupiterjuniper
April 25th, 2009, 06:56 PM
When I first met my SO, I had long hair, about BSL, but it was bleached and damaged and...unhappy...so I chopped it up to be chin-length layered almost to pixie. The next time we met, he said he wished he could have run his hands through my long hair...So I've spent the last nearly 3 years re-growing my hair almost to BSL, and the other day he said "I miss when you used to do stuff to your hair like cut it short and dye it pink and stuff"...ARGH!

jupiterjuniper
April 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM
So, I voted "doesn't care one way or another"

Furiana
April 25th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I had to vote for "cheese" as well as "loves it!" because, like other posters, I'm currently single. At least one of my exes LOVED my hair, though!

dearladydisdain
April 25th, 2009, 07:25 PM
My boyfriend loves my hair. I mentioned dyeing it the other day and he said he likes me ginger. :D He has said he would love anything I want to do with it, though.

Helen Baq
April 25th, 2009, 07:26 PM
My sweetie loves my hair. He said he doesn't want me to cut it, which is fine with me. He also got comfortable trimming a friend's hair so he could trim mine without worrying that he'd mess it up! Now he's growing his longer. :heart:

sandigirl
April 25th, 2009, 07:31 PM
Mine doesn't care. He doesn't notice if it's freshly washed or if it's been a week. He says he loves it but doesn't care if I grew it longer or cut it shorter. He's pretty easy going.

Queen Mab
April 25th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Even if I wanted to cut my hair, my guy wouldn't let me!

LHGypsyRose
April 25th, 2009, 07:33 PM
DH doesn't really say much about my hair, but if I ask he says that he loves it. He has even said that I should grow my hair to calf length, hopefully he wasn't just thinking thats what I wanted to hear.

chamogirl
April 25th, 2009, 09:26 PM
My husband did not like my hair long and prefers it between chin and shoulder length. And blonde. He is glad I cut it all off.

wackyredtangles
April 25th, 2009, 09:33 PM
The boyfriend loves it, I think he likes it more than I do. He says that he used to not care about hair length and now he claims to have a huge preference for long hair on women. He blames me for this. :p Sometimes he even whines when I wear it in a braid to sleep and then takes it out when I'm not paying attention.

I think that is the cutest story ever.

SO doesn't really care about hair length too much. A few years ago I did cut it very short, to just above my shoulders, and I don't think he liked that too much. He seems to be fine with anything below the shoulders. He does have a preference for it being straight. At first the whole henna thing relaxing my curls was a major perk, but now I kind of miss them. I voted doesn't care.

JamieLeigh
April 25th, 2009, 10:08 PM
Hubby loves it! He thinks some of the things I do to it are silly (especially the ones involving food items) and doesn't really understand the whole hair-toy or length-measurement obsessions, but he thinks my hair is beautiful and sexy, and is curious to see how long I can grow it. :)

Roseate
April 25th, 2009, 10:09 PM
He seems to be fine with anything below the shoulders. He does have a preference for it being straight.

Wait, are we seeing the same person?:wink:

Probably not. But my SO feels just the same way. Long= good, but long= anything past the shoulder. She might notice the difference between BSL and classic, but then again, maybe not.

The straighter the better, though, which is a little bothersome. Fortunately she takes the 'positive reinforcement' route, and compliments me lavishly when it's straight, and just doesn't comment when it's wurly.

I voted 'likes it well enough', because she does have an opinion, just not a wildly favorable one.

AlleyKitten
April 25th, 2009, 10:41 PM
My boyfriend loves my hair, and compliments me on it pretty much every time I take it down to comb it at night. I've finally given in to his pouty face and started wearing it loose more, despite the tangles, because he likes it so much.

He's even let me switch him onto more hair-friendly shampoo (I have no idea where he found the -cone-laden conditioner he's using now, I had him using my VO5...) and a comb rather than a brush -- and he combs in while the conditioner is in rather than ripping the brush through his tangled wet hair, the sound of which drove me CRAZY. He's always been a benign neglect sort of guy (it's about bsl, he keeps it in the hacker ponytail because he just doesn't care), but at least he lets me pester him into better benign neglect ;)

In short, he's super! :D

Samitra
April 26th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I voted both "loves it" and "doesn't care".
His implicit request ("I wonder how you would look like in long hair... I bet you would look fantastic") was one of the reasons why I started to grow my hair (the other reasons were that I looked funny when I had "too" short hair, and that I wanted to be able to do other updos than using a headband...)
He has always loved playing with my hair and touching it, and even more so now when it's a bit longer. But on the other hand, if I should cut it short, he wouldn't mind, just as long as I have some hair on my head that he can play with.

Heavenly Locks
April 26th, 2009, 01:33 AM
My husband is a long hair person. Though, when it was shorter he loved it then too. (Maybe he just loves MY hair? ;)) I do know that he is happier when it is longer. He tells stories of brushing his mothers ends as a little boy when she was standing, because that's all he could reach and he always smiles when he tells that story...

Finoriel
April 26th, 2009, 01:53 AM
I guess he has no opinion at all about my hair, how I wear it is completely up to me. He loves me regardless how long or short it is (we met years ago when I kept it very short) or which colour it has (red or greying). And for me itīs not important either, that he will grey and go bald sooner or later. :crush: I just love him like he is. Our outer appearance changes over the years :shrug: thatīs live.

Katla
April 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM
Best Beloved loves it and encourages my strange hair habits... even helps me with updos and braiding, too :crush:

3azza
April 26th, 2009, 03:33 AM
All complements i get from people in general about my physical appearance are on my hair, and my husband just loves it :)

Bianca
April 26th, 2009, 08:51 AM
He doesn't care if I have short hair, long hair or NO hair. He never says anything about all the time and such I use on it. He just accepts that I like reading about hair all day and spend lot's of time and money on it. I love him even more for being so understanding :D

busnutmedic
April 26th, 2009, 08:59 AM
He loves my hair. He even likes it more than I do, I think! I'm so glad he likes it.

Fingolphin
April 26th, 2009, 09:06 AM
My fiance doesn't really care for it, as she doesn't care for long hair on guys. But she doesn't make a big deal about it at all; she would never impose on me that I have to cut it or anything. She'll even brush and braid it and stuff. She's pretty great! :p

Jason
April 26th, 2009, 09:16 AM
My fiancee really likes my long hair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khDllLvbt8U

~GypsyCurls~
April 26th, 2009, 10:29 AM
My babe likes it. My ex didn't and always wanted me to make it straight, which i did and it ruined my hair. :( It didn't even look good lol.

Rapunzal2Be
April 26th, 2009, 10:32 AM
My husband is beyond thrilled that I am both lightening back up to blonde and growing my hair out long, long, long! He loves it best that way, although he is always supportive of every color/chop/project/mistake/experiment that I do to my poor hair.

Calista
April 26th, 2009, 10:53 AM
My partner is very appreciative of my hair but would support every decision of mine, so I voted "he loves it" and "he doesn´t care one way or the other", which sounds contradictory but isn´t really. :lol:

Madame J
April 26th, 2009, 11:11 AM
My husband's hair is as long as mine (maybe longer)! He doesn't have a lot of room to complain about products because he uses at least any many as I do, and takes up two shower corners, while I just have one and the soap dish.

He definitely loves my hair long because he likes to touch it, but he told me almost everyday that I looked sexy when I had short hair. And he never told me my hair was gross, even when I did a failed 3-4 month no 'poo experiment and all my previous dyed bits lightened and I had two-tone hair. He even thinks my white hairs are cool, and probably won't mind if I never dye my hair again, even when I'm gray.

...he does sometimes swipe my coconut oil on the sly to help with his skin problems...

Gypsygirl
April 26th, 2009, 12:02 PM
He loves it! :)

losgan
April 26th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I had to pick cheese cause I'm single ... :cheese:

But my ex-husband loved my hair long. I didn't realize it until I cut it off - he was upset when I got home (and not very nice either, he said that my hair was the most attractive thing about me and I'd gone and ruined his favorite thing, hmph!).

I kinda think that is why I've kept it short for so long - I hacked it off again after the divorce. But - it's been long enough now I'm not afraid long hair is going to attract a jerk :)

rubyann
April 26th, 2009, 12:28 PM
DH refuses to give his opinion, even when asked directly. Men! I do know that he didn't particularly care for it when I hacked it into a pixie in the early years of marriage. Now that I've quit dying/bleaching, perming and cutting he's said not one word. Go figure!

lirael
April 26th, 2009, 12:57 PM
My BF likes my hair and plays with it a lot. He says he wouldn't mind if I cut it either, though. He's happy as long as I can wear it down and it doesn't get in the way.

ButterCup02
April 26th, 2009, 02:38 PM
My fiance loves long hair! He'd be supportive if I cut it off too, but he definitely prefers long hair. He said he can't wait until mine gets really long! LOL!

eresh
April 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM
I voted He likes it well enough.
As in, he wouldn't mind if I would cut it, as long as I'm happy, he is happy :-)

tevta
April 27th, 2009, 10:38 AM
nowadays, my boyfriend (better said partner, we're together for 8 years) has longer hair than me. We have similar colour, similar waves....thank god that he is skinny and tall, or else it would be creepy ;)

Runzel
April 27th, 2009, 10:52 AM
I voted "loves it" even though I'm single, because I doubt I'll ever be cutting my hair short again so whomever I end up with is going to love me in long hair.:cheese:

KajiKodomo
April 28th, 2009, 07:31 AM
My partner says that he loves long hair, and encouraged me to grow it out. Little did he know at the time, that I was planning on growing it back out, haha!

I'm not sure how he feels about extreme lengths, though, but I guess we'll find out! :D

Naava
April 28th, 2009, 01:08 PM
My DH likes my hair and thinks it's nice that I'm growing it, but he isn't one of those who would go on about how nice my hair is. When asked he says it looks good and will get even better.

inertia
April 28th, 2009, 01:28 PM
My husband puts up with short hair but prefers it long. I think that means somewhere below BSL to him. He rarely comments on my hair except when it's in the way, but the other day he complained that we didn't have a good space in our tiny apartment for him to brush it. So I guess he must like the way it is right now.

muuserid
April 28th, 2009, 01:52 PM
My bf really likes my shoulder length hair, but like many males he wishes it was longer. I'm currently aiming for BSL, so maybe he'll get his wish one of these days.

Ndnlady
April 28th, 2009, 02:00 PM
My husband loves my hair long. He always makes a comment when I take my updo out, "oooooo your hair is so long," as he goes through and gently fingercombs it!:p

mugglemomof3
April 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
My exDBF was very supportive of my hair -- being on LHC (he even took me to a meet and took great photos), all the strange things I did to my hair, all the shedding, etc, but he hated my haircolor. He even paid once for me to get blonde highlights woven through. Yeah, he wanted a blonde, but never quite got one. But he never said my hair was ugly or even mentioned it once I told him I really liked my hair red.

At first, when I told my kids I was growing it really long, my youngest son wasn't happy. He didn't think he'd like it. But now he's fascinated by the hairsticks and updos and even helps me do them.

My father is the one who nudged me (often) to grow my hair out long again, like it was when he loved it while I was growing up: to my waist.

princess
April 28th, 2009, 02:50 PM
DH is just like me. We both like thick long shiny healthy hair. But right now my hair is not so good. So DH and I are of one opinion when it comes to hair. It could be better. I am trying to improve my hair but it remains the same. So what can both of us do? At least I do not go for a shorter style losing patience. That is the best I can do.

mooglewoo
April 28th, 2009, 03:10 PM
He likes it very much, but when I entertained thoughts of cutting it, he was fine with it, too. I didn't end up cutting it by the way. He likes the color more than the length. He likes to use my conditioner when he's over LOLZ

mira-chan
April 28th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Tanuki likes it (not exuberantly so but "it looks nice"), when it's not trying to devour him whole, or strangle him. :silly: He's completely fine with my concoctions, actually uses some of them.

paper
April 28th, 2009, 03:25 PM
DH is thrilled I'm letting my hair grow, after wearing it short for a few years. He is a long hair lover!

LadyDi
April 28th, 2009, 03:34 PM
I guess he likes it well enough. He doesn't usually say anything unless directly asked, and then he says it looks "fine". This is coming from a guy who has a crew cut, so he's not really into hair.

Calanthe
April 28th, 2009, 11:45 PM
He couldn't care less - it's just something growing out of the top of my head :D.

RedStripe
April 30th, 2009, 11:06 AM
As far as I can tell, the boyfriend likes my hair, but he doesn't really say much about it. Which is kind of weird because I assume he's an appreciator of long hair, since he wears his own hair long.

Nanni
May 6th, 2009, 07:55 AM
My boyfriend likes it, but he doesn't comment on it very often. Once and a while he says "I like your hair today".

Norai
May 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Going to henna my hair for the first time this tuesday, and my BF is more excited than I am. :poot:

Marie99
May 6th, 2009, 10:22 AM
He wants me to have at least an inch of hair of a color found in nature. Blue would be right out. I grow my hair for me. He's been happy when it was an inch long but got panicky when I was mad at my hair and threatened to shave it all off.

Garnet66
May 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM
Dh is very supportive by helping me measure, take pictures and he doesn't say a word about all the poo's and condishes I own. But at the same time he doesn't believe that I'll make it to my goal. Which makes me wonder to myself as to weather I can do it.

Petra
May 6th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Schnooks likes it--but he doesn't really care and I can do with it whatever I want. He told me I could shave my head if I wanted to and he would be fine with it because he loves me--and he fell in love with my eyes anyway. Goof.

Longlocks3
May 7th, 2009, 08:32 PM
My boyfriend definitely didn't want me to cut to 12'' but when I told him I decided not to cut AND that I may grow longer than tailbone he kind of looked at me weird. Of course, this was also about the time I told him about this website. He says if it touches the floor it will be too long. Doesn't make sense right? He likes it really long but not really really long. I bet he'll change his mind when I get to classic.

Aisha25
May 7th, 2009, 10:41 PM
My husband is in love with my hair and wants me to never cut them thanks God:D

theshadowpuppet
May 7th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Mine loves it. So much that he tells me I'm not allowed to trim it. Haha.

shaybabe8604
May 7th, 2009, 11:12 PM
I voted likes it well enough because DBF likes my natural hair texture now that I've stopped relaxing my hair. But, he is a long hair kind of guy and since I cut off all of the relaxed ends I'm a short hair now. So he really likes the look and feel of my hair but I think he'll like it better when it's longer.

Mabel Grey
May 7th, 2009, 11:16 PM
My man is truely a genuine goof-ball about my hair. I cut 4" of it off in December and he was hurt I didn't let him know. When I took it down that night he noticed.
He has also been known to walk around at work and scratch his beard and remove some of my hair. The people he works with laugh. Cause it could be at the end of his shift, when I have been no where near the place for hours, that he finds these stow-away hairs. I am 5'2" and he is 5'11", I am the perfect head rest, when standing. Also, he has beautiful black curly beard with multi-color mustache and I am a "dirty" straight blonde. It is quite funny, him pulling long blonde strands out of that curly mess.:bluesmile

Cassi
May 7th, 2009, 11:22 PM
My husband really loves long hair, and I didn't even know it. I cut it to chin length about 2 years after we married, and he was really upset. I even could tell a difference in how much affection I got! I don't think it was intentional on his part. He complained a LOT and begged me to grow it out. I haven't been very serious about getting maximum growth or taking extra good care of it until recently. It could probably be a lot longer now if I had dedicated time to take care of it better!

SimplyViki
May 8th, 2009, 09:53 AM
My hair was long when my fiance and I met, but I cut it all off (OK not all, just to chin, but still) when I broke up with my first boyfriend, and I kept it that way when my fiance and I started dating, but then later started growing it out when he mentioned that he had always liked my hair long. Lately, I've been showing him pictures of really long hair and saying things like "what if my hair was this long? How about that long?" and he's given no objections. His latest desire for my hair is for me to go "back to blonde", as he says... I had highlights when we met, too. :rolleyes: I'm not sure I'll do that, cause I've been growing out my previously dyed burgundy (yes, it was really burgundy) hair for the past 3 years or so, but I'll experiment with the honey stuff I've seen mentioned, and we'll see what happens.

rhubarbarin
May 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM
My BF is a 'hair man' and loves it long, wants it longer. He likes my color and curl, too.

Like most men it seems, he hates change. He doesn't like it when I cut (although he doesn't notice trims unless I tell him), when I talk of cutting, if my hair is straight..

RavennaNight
May 8th, 2009, 11:16 AM
My DH loves my hair long and was sad when I bobbed it 3.5 years ago. He likes the color too.

Longlocks3
May 9th, 2009, 07:15 AM
I think my DBF likes me hair but he looked at me funny when I said I wanted to 'see how long it'll grow' and then proceeded to explain terminal length.

Torrin Paige
May 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
My old man is awesome and supportive. I had waist length hair when we met and cut it off to chin length a little while before we got married. He assured me that it was really cute (I hated it and cried when he wasn't looking), but by the time I got back to BSL, he asked me to not cut it short again. :) He's really awesome about yelling at people for me when they start saying things like I should get a "style" or cut it or donate it and he doesn't even complain when it shows up in odd places wrapped around things it should not be wrapped around. He smiles and says, "That's awesome, babe," when I make him stop whatever he's doing to look at a new hairstyle I've figured out. He's mostly tolerant of my myriad of hair toys as well, even though I never put them back in their proper places. He's even currently growing his hair out because I want a long haired guy of my very own. Basically, he totally rules. I am a very lucky gal.

eshta
May 9th, 2009, 01:28 PM
He really likes it, I guess I was around APL when we meet, he never complaint. But now that my hair is longer he said it would be a shame if I cut it much shorter again.

He's really supportive of a my experiments and actually just got his first henna gloss tonight. He loves it, so I guess we can have henna together from now on :D

SylphideNoir
May 9th, 2009, 04:13 PM
I met my SO when my hair was around 30" and he loved it. He says he thinks my hair looks cute this short but prefers it long. I agree.

SleepySin
May 10th, 2009, 03:49 PM
I think my SO is more concerned about his own hair.. which is literally twice the length of mine. *grumbles*

Longhairpixie
May 10th, 2009, 04:01 PM
My fiancée loves my hair and would love it more if were longer.
He is the first guy I have been with have LOVES my curl.
Maybe that is why I love him so much he loves me just as I am. Not with straight hair.
He does not like when I put a flat iron anywhere near my hair. He will pout for DAY if I straight it.
Whenever I get it cut he can tell and gets grumpy until I shove it in his face and he makes this cute purring sound.

gnome
May 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
he is so excited about it being long!
we were good friends for years when i had buzz / boy cuts. he saw pictures of it at its original tailbone length, though, and always encouraged me to grow it out.
he recently dreamed that it was grown out to my goal length!

he (like me) is also infatuated with red hair, so i assume any future henna projects will be received with open arms.

Delilah
May 10th, 2009, 11:14 PM
My boyfriend LOVES my hair and tells me it is one of the most attractive things about me. Every time I consider cutting it he tells me not to. I could if I really wanted to of course, but his encouragement helps a lot.
He himself has hair past the bottom of his shoulders.

venividibxtchy
May 11th, 2009, 08:41 AM
I am so very lucky in that my Husband loves my hair.

One of the million reasons that I know he is a true gentleman is that out of all of the pictures he has of me (in various states of attire), one of his favorites shows my hair in a somewhat-Victorian updo, and my neck.

I've even convinced him to grow his lovely curls out, and he's surprisingly pleased with his hair now (most times). His ringlets brush his shoulders now, and that's with ~3a hair.

Monsterkitti
May 11th, 2009, 09:40 AM
I put likes it well enough. He doesnt really mention it but think he likes it as it is. Im not sure if it gets very very long but its my hair and im sure he'll be happy if I am with it, hes a sweetie like that :)

He does compliment it a lot when I straighten it. When we first met I always had it straight and I think he was actually suprised when he found out I had curly hair so think maybe he has a preference for straight hair. Straighteners however still remain a very special occasion item only :)

melrose1985
May 11th, 2009, 09:43 AM
I don't have a SO right now, but when I was always changing my hair i would ask what they thought about it when and then with the new color i wanted to do and i would always get the same thing " you look fine/good they way it is now."

As much as i think who cares it's my hair, i admit that once or twice i changed my hair to please someone, or should i say i though it would please them. NO MORE!

Islandgrrl
May 11th, 2009, 09:59 AM
I voted that my hubs loves my long hair. He really doesn't ever say much about it - not to me anyway, but he's all to happy to tell people how awesome it is AND how much I've learned from the Long Haired People at LHC. I'm honestly not sure who is happier about me finding LHC...me or him!

hockeygirl256
May 11th, 2009, 01:15 PM
I love that my boyfriend doesn't really care either way. I asked him if I should cut it to shoulder length and he was like "sure why not." Same with leaving it long. I love that he supports me either way, but really its up to me. The only thing I'd say he has a preference about is the color, because my nickname since I've meet him is "la guerita" (translated, the little white, blonde one). lol

curls2grow
May 11th, 2009, 02:09 PM
DH loves my hair, silver/gray/white/dark/faded brown and all. Doesn't want me to cut, but doesn't care what I do with the color. He makes it somewhat easy. Except for stating his preference that I wear it down more (he doesn't like my buns :( )

NeilTheFuzz
May 11th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I think my GF would wrap my face in a paper bag if she could :p Apparently my ugly face ruins my hair :D She loves it.

kmoc123
May 11th, 2009, 06:47 PM
He is growing his hair out!!! So far right above "bra" length.

frodolaughs
May 12th, 2009, 04:11 PM
I cut my hair shortly after my boyfriend and I started dating. He insisted it was cute at the time, but as it's gotten longer again, he's made it clear that he likes it long, and that he prefers braids or loose hair to my day-to-day bun. I've explained that when I'm working it's got to be out of the way, which means either short or in a bun--but now that I know he likes the braids I'll do it that way when it's convenient--and down occasionally. I'm glad to know he likes it, because I do too and don't plan on cutting it any time in the foreseeable future.

Locksmith
May 12th, 2009, 04:28 PM
I'm currently single, but all my past partners have loved my long hair. My ex-boyfriend was *always* stroking it :)

saracuda
May 12th, 2009, 04:41 PM
He loves it! I ask him lots of mornings what I should do with my hair, and he always has a suggestion for me. He knows I don't like it in my eyes, so his suggestions are usually bun, braid, or ponytail. :)

BBGrrl
May 12th, 2009, 11:13 PM
He loves it although he wishes it was 4" shorter but I think that will change as the ends thicken up in the next couple of years. If not then it's fine because I love it.

winter_star
May 13th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Lucky for me my SO loves my hair! The past few months, the longer it gets, the more comments I get. And he brushes it more!!!

PurpleRays
May 15th, 2009, 07:51 PM
My SO loves my hair and has encouraged me to grow in my natural hair color and
grow it longer. It makes it so much easier to do with support at home and most of
all here too !

Dementia1013
May 16th, 2009, 06:41 PM
My husband loves it. He says that I can grow it as long as I want. And he love the purple color. He's never even seen my natural hair color, unless you count when my roots grow out...

GoddesJourney
May 18th, 2009, 01:41 AM
He likes long hair on a woman. I've noticed that the women where he's from tend to have BSL to Waist. That's good for me because I'm looking for Waist to Hip.

I voted "he likes it, I guess" because he doesn't really mention it. He knows I'm into it but he's not as enthusiastic, clearly, as I am. The last time he saw me in person, I had just given myself my first self cut since I was six and it was BSL. It's now about an inch below.

Maybe when it gets longer/healthier he will be more impressed. I have truly beautiful hair when it's not damaged. Several months of Brazilian water really ruined it.

EvaSimone
May 18th, 2009, 02:16 AM
DH likes my hair a lot. He doesn't talk about it a lot but whenever I ask, "Should I trim it?" He tells me not to. When I was first growing my hair out he thought that hip length was too long. Now I am almost at hip and he tells me that I should keep letting it grow. :shrug:

He doesn't talk about it all the time but he is supportive of all my LHC ways and my hair toys. In short I am pretty darn lucky. :D

Almandine
May 18th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Fortunately for me, he completely loves it. He puts his face in it all the time, runs his hands through it, and is constantly sticking his nose in my hair and informing me that I smell fantastic. He especially likes to see my hair in the sun... on days when I get a lot of flack from strangers for having long hair, he sure knows how to bring my spirits back up. He really appreciates it.

Lady Jo
May 19th, 2009, 01:27 AM
He likes my hair so much ;)

ladylibra
May 20th, 2009, 10:20 AM
SO loves it, but he has seen me with so many different looks that he doesn't care much what I do with it. He is complaining now as it is wash/detangle day that I am taking so long, and I threatened to cut it all off again (empty threat honestly).

His response: "Well if that means you'll be done in 15 minutes, great." :rolleyes:

patience
May 20th, 2009, 10:31 AM
My hubby doesn't seem to care. I could probably come home with a pixie cut and he wouldn't say much. I'm sure he would like it shorter (shoulder to BSL), but I don't ask his opinion. It's my head. I just tell him what my plans are and he says "ok"

young&reckless
May 20th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Well my former SO said to me yesterday that he was hanging out with this girl who also has long hair but he cringed when he touched it! "You have spoiled me when it comes to hair, yours is so silky."

:D, I never liked that girl anyway.

Anje
May 20th, 2009, 03:45 PM
DH likes my hair, and has been complimenting it more recently. He's told me that he likes my hair best at TB of all the lengths (shoulders to TB) he's seen on me. But he's not really a "hair guy." He likes how my hair looks because it's flattering to me, not because he has a thing for long hair. (Which reminds me... he told me I need to de-hair the vacuum. I'm happy to de-hair it, especially since he's the one who usually uses it!)

Iolanthe
May 20th, 2009, 05:34 PM
He Loves my hair lomg. I think he might cry if i cut it short.

Chanterelle
May 21st, 2009, 01:07 AM
DBF loves my hair long and wants me too grow it as long as possible, hip or longer.

elrowiel
May 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM
My better half loves my hair and is happy that I let it grow. :)
He helps me measuring and sometimes helps me washing it.

Carina
May 24th, 2009, 05:22 AM
When I was preg with our first daughter I cut my hair short:doh:.He said that I look good in both.Bless him.But later on he said that he likes my hair long and wanted me to let it grow.He only had to say that once.I jumped on the growing train right away.:cheese:.I will never cut it short again.:p:cool:.

nicolezoie
May 25th, 2009, 08:29 AM
...He thinks it'll get in the way of my fitness pursuits (we are both very active and do a lot of road bicycling and running), and he thinks hair past a woman's butt is a little too extreme and out there.

Avid cycling enthusiast here, and with "ridiculous length" hair I am not at all held back by it. Admittedly it can get a little annoying with regards to pony-tail positioning through the adjuster in my helmet, but that's minor. Lengthwise, it's tucked into my jersey pocket, and with this much length it stays put.

Even when I was doing some running, if bunned tightly and securely, it did not affect me in the slightest (knee injury keeps me from running much, other than chasing down the dog).

Back on topic - husband loves my hair, although he does wish it were shorter so he could see it loose more often. When we first started dating my hair was one of the things that attracted him to me. At the time it was about tailbone length. Nowadays, with lower-calf length, he tries to help me justify cutting it back to a more reasonable length like just below my butt or to mid-thigh, and one of these days I might follow through (I'm just a coward and rather attached to it, if you'll pardon the pun).

Zindell
May 25th, 2009, 08:59 AM
My DH supports me in whatever I want to do with my hair, although he shows signs of panic whenever I let my DD cut it of an inch every fourth month or so. :D

He has however expressed concern about greying hair, undoubtly because I've claimed I will not dye when the silvers arrive.
He said at some point that "grey hair makes ppl look older".

I'm pretty sure he will love my hair anyway when the times come, as I'm pretty sure that when he thinks about grey hair it's the usual short perm that so many women sports, and not the long white hair I plan to wear. :p

ilovelonghair
May 25th, 2009, 09:19 AM
I'm not really sure, I think it doesn't interest him that much. He doesn't understand that I love his hair, for him hair is just hair and he doesn't really see the beauty of long hair as we do here on LHC.

ilandree
May 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
My husband loves my hair long. He jokes that he'll divorce me if I cut it. He loves long hair on women period though, and points out other women with long hair or tells me about seeing them during the course of his day. But if he sees a guy with long beautiful hair he'll tell me about that too. He has long hair himself so it is something he appreciates.

daeana
May 29th, 2009, 11:06 AM
sweetie dear once told me that he always preferred girls with long hair, but he didn't really mean THIS. :p

i know he loves it, though. sometimes, when he thinks i'm asleep or not paying attention, i'll catch him touching or smelling it.

enfys
May 29th, 2009, 01:57 PM
He loves it and wants me to grow it so he came find out if he likes it. I steals my sticks so he can watch my hair tumble down, then does puppy dog eyes so I can't be mad at him.

On the flip side I love stroking his fuzzy buzzed hair.

From one extreme to the other haha.

ReddishRocks
May 29th, 2009, 09:21 PM
My husband really loves long hair, and I didn't even know it. I cut it to chin length about 2 years after we married, and he was really upset. I even could tell a difference in how much affection I got! I don't think it was intentional on his part. He complained a LOT and begged me to grow it out. I haven't been very serious about getting maximum growth or taking extra good care of it until recently. It could probably be a lot longer now if I had dedicated time to take care of it better!

The same thing happened to me!!! After I cut mine to PIXIE, he told me one of the first things he noticed and loved about me was my BSL red curls. *sigh* I've been at shoulder/APL for years, but I've been earnestly trying to grow it for about a year now. I've expressed interest in growing it to my waist, and he's skeptical about how it'll look - he doesn't want me to obscure my figure. Guess we'll see. I may have to master the half-up. ;)

Ahimsa
June 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM
My fiance is the one who inspired me to grow my hair long. I had very very short hair when he first met me, and though he still thought I was beautiful back then, one day he confessed to me that he LOVES very very long hair on girls. So, I decided to set out on a hair growing adventure dedicated to the love of my life ^_^

starla_zero
June 13th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Mine's not too bothered about the length, but loves the fringe I cut in last week.

concrescence
June 13th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I asked my boyfriend what he thought of my hair, and gave him the poll answers as options, and he said "I wish your hair was made of cheese," so that's what I voted. :cheese:

Truthfully, it's probably option 2; he likes it generally, but isn't really a "hair man", if you know what I mean.

Locke
June 13th, 2009, 02:19 PM
Lucky enough that he loves it. I've known a lot of people that we're scared to let their hair grow because it would put them in a position where they wouldn't find anybody to be with. But the thing is that if you do let it grow, you'll attract those who are interested in it. So it's all a moot point.

ChrissieM
June 13th, 2009, 02:21 PM
My husband has always liked my hair best when it's longer, but he's okay with cuts that are between shoulder and APL, as well. Both of our mothers wear their hair in a pixie cut, and he's made me promise that I won't get mine cut that short, ever. He doesn't have to worry...I was too traumatized as a child with forced short haircuts (my mom never wanted to detangle and style longer hair on me) that I don't think I'll ever go short again.

MandaMom2Three
June 13th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Hubby loves loves LOVES it! :D

swanns
June 13th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I voted "loves it" even though I'm single, because I doubt I'll ever be cutting my hair short again so whomever I end up with is going to love me in long hair.:cheese:

Lol this is exactly what I was thinking!

Sjirsten
June 14th, 2009, 06:11 AM
My BF tells me that my hair looks great, and that he can see that it has gotten longer. I know he doesn`t really care (or notice) but he wants to make me feel good about myself.

MissMaryMac
June 14th, 2009, 07:06 AM
My husband sort of swings back and forth between liking my hair and not liking it. I chose he likes it well enough. I think his chief complaint is that I don't wear it down more often. :shrug:

HoneyBeeMissy
June 14th, 2009, 07:32 AM
My husband loves my hair. Especially since I am determined to get to classic length! :D

Nyghtingale
June 14th, 2009, 09:06 PM
My DH loves my hair. He hates the smell of the henna, but loves the red. And he knows much more about haircare than a bald man should, LOL

FrozenPrincess
June 16th, 2009, 06:16 AM
My boyfriend loves my long hair, except when it tries to maul him in his sleep!

saviniris
June 16th, 2009, 02:09 PM
My husband loves my hair and loves the fact that I am going to let it grow. He used to get kind of upset everytime I cut it!

Jinx2234
June 16th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I'm lucky, my husband loves my hair, in fact he jokes that I can't cut it. On the other hand, he thinks I spend too much time messing with it now, probably because he doesn't do anything to his hair other than wash it.

VanillaTresses
June 16th, 2009, 04:06 PM
S.O. likes my hair when I don't do anything to it-- no cutting, coloring, or any other wackiness. He hates it if I try something new and is always predicting impending disaster... :D

PurpleAshes
June 25th, 2009, 08:30 PM
He really likes it, and always compliments about the length gained or the condition. He's even trying to grow it out too!

windinherhair
June 25th, 2009, 08:35 PM
My hubby loves my hair. I think he has gotten so used to the length of my hair over the years, that I am not quite sure how he feels about me growing it out even longer. (I have maintained waist or a little longer for years) He has hinted to me, that he may think my goal length is too long, but maybe he will change his mind... and get used to it, because I really want to try to reach my goal. :)

vindo
June 25th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I know I posted here already I just wanted to add that not just my hair is growing but my husband is also growing even more fond of my long hair ;)

Aunteater
June 25th, 2009, 09:39 PM
He loves my hair, and wishes I'd wear it down more often.

NickalNack
June 25th, 2009, 10:07 PM
He loves it. The bigger the better! :D

Cherry_Sprinkle
June 25th, 2009, 10:19 PM
Mine never really says anything about the length but tells me he hates it when I wear it up.. :shrug:

NamedForTheMoon
June 25th, 2009, 11:13 PM
My husband is wonderful about my hair. I've told him about my desire to grow my hair out, and he's very supportive. He helps me to henna it, and he's even agreed that when I need a trim, he'll do his best to trim it for me, and to talk me out of any haircuts or "bad hair decisions" (ie, perms and bleach) when I get that bug up my butt, lol. He even tried to learn how to braid, so that he could do french braids for me (although, he still can't do a basic braid yet, lol). He always makes me feel beautiful and tells me that my hair is pretty, even when it's a greasy mess. I love him. :D

Dvips
June 26th, 2009, 12:41 AM
I was suprised to find out the other day that my husband prefers my hair "long", around waist length. :suspect: I had no idea. Poor dear; I cut it off and have been maintaining above shoulders since last May. Still, I will grow it out again at *some* point...

Bill D.
June 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
There's no category for how much Elizabeth loves my hair- she is off the charts in her adoration, especially of the curls that form while my hair dries. In contrast, I'd be much happier with much longer, thicker, and straighter hair. I wish I had hair like hers!

Meanwhile, I love her hair though I often forget it's long when she has it up which is nearly all the time. Her hair is wonderfully soft, surprisingly tangle-resistant, and a lovely light brown. The longest strands are a few inches from the ground when it's loose which makes it possible for her to wear it down while drying or when going out on a date. I love seeing her hair gracefully sway as she walks, but I also love pretty updos on her.

Bill D.

Bene
June 28th, 2009, 01:35 AM
i'm sure he loves it. it's not like he has a choice. it's attached to my head and he's been carefully trained to agree when i demand "tell me my hair looks/feels/smells nice http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/bene25/smilies/wifey.gif" and to show the proper awe when i bellow "look at mah bun!!!"

DBBramble
June 28th, 2009, 01:53 AM
Boyfriend loves my hair. When we first started going out, he's brush and play with it. He doesn't do it as much now :( On the bright side, he supports me wanting to grow it longer....speaking of that I need to get him to measure my hair for me

KTlemon
June 28th, 2009, 02:13 AM
My DH has no preference how I or any other woman wears their hair. He thinks having a hair forum is silly, and anytime he catches me on it, he sarcastically acts like a woman and starts talking in a high pitched voice about his hair.:rolleyes:

But, when we go out and I wear my hair down, I do catch him putting his hand on my back a lot lately and stroking it.
I envy him stroking your silky long hair.
Your hair is so long and lustrous.

KTlemon
June 28th, 2009, 02:18 AM
My DH likes my hair and thinks it's nice that I'm growing it, but he isn't one of those who would go on about how nice my hair is. When asked he says it looks good and will get even better.
Your black long hair seems so silky.

Gilly
June 28th, 2009, 02:47 AM
My Hubby would love me to have long hair, but he has got so used to me getting so upset when it gets cranky and I then end up having to have it chopped off again:rolleyes:
I am hopeful that THIS time I will be able to grow it longer, I am trying a different tactic, I am not treating it like its long already, I am treating it like the short hair it is, I will be cutting the ends off eventually so I am going to use them as a buffer until I am happy with the length it is at then I can start micro trims and will hopefully finally get to waist and we will BOTH be happy with my hair!:cheese:

donna'sdaughter
June 28th, 2009, 02:11 PM
My fiance likes ny hair at the length that it is right now (mid back) but tells me that he hates that im trying to grow it out-he says that my hair causes me to get enough unwanted attention-he'll get over it though

willowcandra
June 28th, 2009, 02:29 PM
my dh doesn't like it--unless it's loose in braid waves or in pigtail plaits.

RoseRedDead
June 28th, 2009, 06:22 PM
i'm sure he loves it. it's not like he has a choice. it's attached to my head and he's been carefully trained to agree when i demand "tell me my hair looks/feels/smells nice http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/bene25/smilies/wifey.gif" and to show the proper awe when i bellow "look at mah bun!!!"

I just had to LOL at this... Bene, looks like he's a keeper. :eyebrows:

I don't have an SO, so I can't comment.

Coriander
June 28th, 2009, 06:55 PM
He JUST said "I love your hair... it's so womanly and beautiful."

:heartbeat:

camirra555
June 28th, 2009, 09:42 PM
My bf is quite supportive. He just helped me with my first henndigo this afternoon and acted like he was a professional. It was pretty funny. I voted that he likes it well enough because he said he wouldn't say that he loves my hair but he does like it. He also helps me measure it and puts up with me talking about hair all the time.

Cake
June 29th, 2009, 03:15 AM
He loves it.
When we met years ago I was a very short haired girl and he liked it very much too... but now I'm growing it out he says is lovely, lush and supports me :)

Flotsum
June 29th, 2009, 07:54 PM
He likes the texture and color. I have cut it very short recently. He says he was okay with that but I think he likes more length than this.

VashX2000
July 14th, 2009, 03:12 AM
My SO is trying to get me to inch shorter and shorter of late. We go through cycles, it seems. She met me long, liked it... then wanted it chopped. Later she wanted it grown out... now that it is, she wants it gone again. She's been bringing up the "donation" deal of late, hehe.

Elly
July 14th, 2009, 04:08 AM
My SO doesn't care much about my hair or my hairproblems. He always says that he things my hair is pretty the way it is and i'd look good no matter which hairstyle / cut I'd have. Of course it's a nice way of thinking but sometimes i'd want him to understand how much growing my hair means to me.

Stubborn
July 14th, 2009, 11:28 AM
She wants it short :/

slz
July 14th, 2009, 01:32 PM

sweet*things
July 14th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I think he probably prefers it longer, but doesn't really think about it too much. Which is fine with me, because I wouldn't be with him if he was a creeper.;)

Tovah
July 14th, 2009, 03:36 PM
I gave the cheese response because I think he gets stressed over all my stress over my hair. My hair has been from waist length to one inch and everywhere in between and various colors. He's become quite timid about letting me know his preferences because he knows it might send me into a crying fit. So.....I think he's supportive, but would most likely at this point prefer if it were cheese so at least he could eat it.

He seemed warily supportive when I told him that I was going to let it grow again, but I know if that I decide that it needs to be cut because I feel too old or gaunt or ugly- he will sigh and agree......poor thing.

HisForever
July 14th, 2009, 08:13 PM
I voted he love my hair. My husband is happy however my hair is. He loves it both long and short. So he loved it a lot when it was long because thats how it was when he met me, so hes supporting me growing it out again. I have gone from long to short with him twice. He doesnt mind me buying pretty hair toys, but im sure if it was over $20, he might get a little POed. lol.

lundmir
July 14th, 2009, 08:43 PM
Not really an S.O. but the guy I'm seeing loves my hair and wants it longer. I even threatened about going short again and he got kinda upset, haha.
He's somewhat of a longhair too...

shrimp
July 15th, 2009, 05:31 AM
He loves it.

I didn't realise quite how much he likes it and how attached to it he is until very recently.

I never thought I'd care what an SO thought about it but :oops: apparently it's very nice to have someone who likes it and notices hair toys.
My ex thought it was too long and never touched it or went near it so I really appreciate having somone gently move a ringlet from my face :cloud9:

thankyousir74
July 16th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Yeah he loves my hair and thinks its cute when I try new experiments. He is also a longhair though.

hoosiermama
July 19th, 2009, 02:42 PM
This is my first post here at LHC!

My dh loves my hair. Mostly I think because I HAVE hair! :D You see, I'm a 2 yr breast cancer survivor and for a while I was completely bald. My hair which is fine and stick straight grew in beautifully curly at first. The bottom 2-3 inches is still curly. Now it is growing back normal. :( I love the curls but am grateful that I have hair at all (and life to be growing hair!) My hair had been growing for 3 years before I was dx. It was past bra strap length. Now it's only about 8". I swear to everyone that I will never cut my hair again! Of course I'll eventually cut it to keep a decent manageable length for me and end trims for health. But overall, I am going to try to let it grow to waist length. Partly because I'm just a long hair girl, partly for spite (take that cancer!) and partly for faith. I've had short hair and loved it and I've had long hair and loved it. I could go either way but for now, I want it LONG! Can't wait till it's long enough to start putting it up in cute styles and buy nifty hair accessories to use!

lora410
July 19th, 2009, 03:03 PM
Mine said I am never allowed to cut it from the length it is at (before it used to be no shorter then shoulder) I don't mind .as long as I like it and if I decide to cut one day, that is my choice.

EtherealOde
July 21st, 2009, 01:56 PM
Mine loves my hair even though he doesn't tell me so, and has always said that it's my hair and I can do whatever I want to with it. He really means it, but when my hair is longer he compliments it more, and I find him touching my hair and running his fingers through it more often too. He does think the sleeping cap and braids is a little bit funny, hehe.

When my hair got below shoulder length I really noticed him touching it every day. He may say it doesn't matter what I do, but I can tell he notices and likes it best as it gets longer.

truepeacenik
July 21st, 2009, 04:20 PM
I have two partners.
One has watched a lot of the journey as we've been friends for five years. He's got longer hair, so I assume he likes long hair overall.
At a particularly intimate moment, my hair covered us like a tent and his reaction was , "wow" and to touch some of it.
He's really reserved so doesn't touch my hair in public, although he's always used tugging on a braid as an attention getter. (something I've always let him slide on...I guess I have had a crush on him for a while.)

The other touches it and seems overwhelmed when he sees it down/loose.
He will touch hair in public (in that duo, I'm the reserved one)

storytellerzero
July 21st, 2009, 04:28 PM
Wow. SheWolf sounds to have a real appreciator. My honey likes it because I like it and thinks it looks nice most of the time but has gotten accustomed to it and seems to think on it very little. It would be nice to have someone really appreciate it, but then I'm anit-social much of the time so it might get annoying. Guess I'll be happy with what I have. :o

rhondalicious
July 21st, 2009, 04:46 PM
My husband HATED when I had short hair and was thrilled when I began growing out again... But the last couple days he's been encouraging me to have a trim (maybe 4 inches, he said!!!!)

So he apparently likes BSL best, and is thinking waist(almost) is pushing it into "crazy hair"...

But too bad! He wanted long hair, he got long hair!

Bellalalala
July 21st, 2009, 07:24 PM
My hunny loves whatever I do with my hair. He's ridiculously easy to please.

As long as I put a ribbon or a butterfly barrette in it every once in awhile, he's a happy camper.

Thank goodness, because I just started WO and I would hate to have a spouse who finds my hair gross throughout transition.

CelticAngel
July 21st, 2009, 07:52 PM
DH loves my hair, and pouts if I tease him about cutting it off. But actually I would never. I actually like him to brush it at night for me, could be cause I'm too lazy, or maybe it just feels good to have some one else do it. :D

Eden_Rayn
July 23rd, 2009, 09:47 PM
My husband met me with a pixie and now I am a little short of APL. Before I finally got to SL he would say he did not care what I did... Now he admits that he loves my hair long and would love me to go back to classic. (I had classic in high school and he has seen photos)

I voted LOVES IT

Shiva
July 23rd, 2009, 10:02 PM
The SO usually likes my hair above shoulders.... he says I look "less witchy" that way. PFFFT! the nerve.

janiejones
July 25th, 2009, 12:55 PM
My SO changes his mind :P Sometimes he likes longer hair because I could do fancy updos, etc., and sometimes he says shorter hair looks better on me. Also, my longer hair just irritates us both sometimes when it gets caught in seatbelts, necklaces, or if he rolls over and lays on it...

pradabacon
July 25th, 2009, 01:35 PM
My husband loves my hair very long, but he complains incessantly about the shed hairs all over the house. When he is whining, I ask if he'd like me to chop it all off and he says, "NOOOOOOOO!" That usually shuts him up for a little while, anyway. :p

Lady Mary
August 2nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Voted for "loves it," I've had it short, he's seen photos of it long and he says either way he loves it (he likes my red hair though so I don't think length is really an issue for him.) :D

prettigurl
August 7th, 2009, 10:27 PM
At first dh wasn't supportive, he would nag me everytime I bought anything for my hair. Now, he's growing his hair out as well so he takes more of an interest in it.

lundmir
August 7th, 2009, 10:59 PM
The guy I'm going out with complimented it and said it grew really fast. Also, that he'd love it even longer!

Angharad
August 18th, 2009, 11:35 AM
He says he loves it, because he likes the colour, the curls and the softness.

lonestargal
August 18th, 2009, 07:48 PM
I was torn of what to vote for because when my hair is long DH loves it but at the beginning of summer I decided to do a huge chop and now is to my shoulders. He HATES it at the moment and has told me he would like me to grow it back out. When I first met him, my hair was waist length and he has told me that is how he first noticed me.... the hair!!!

basketcase413
August 24th, 2009, 08:14 PM
My husband actually prefers short hair, and now that mine is back to BSL, he complains all the time about my "shedding" and tells me it needs to be short! After 26 years of marriage, he should realize that I'm gonna do what I want...and just stop complaining!!! LOL

hennaphile
August 25th, 2009, 05:25 AM
He likes it until I wear it loose at night, he rolls over it, and hears yelps of

"OW OW OW HAAAIIIRRR GET OFF IT OOWWW WOOWWW HAAAIR!"

I think I'm going to braid it from now on :p

LadyLongLocks
August 25th, 2009, 07:46 AM
:heart: My Fiancee loves my hair. It was because of my hair that we actually met!
I must say, it is wonderful to have someone who loves and respects me AND my hair for once!
I feel very lucky! We even have a Youtube channel together (http://www.youtube.com/user/loveishair) now and are trying to encourage other couples to help/support/nurture their SO with their long hair. Too many ladies have complained that their SO does not notice or care. Its great to have someone who can measure and trim my hair (even though I know how myself) It's a special bond.
NOTE: This is in no way, shape or form a F*tish type Channel!

Tracionera
August 25th, 2009, 09:54 AM
My hubby loves my hair and has always supported the steps I take to care for it. He even carefully trims it for me every several months. Right now we're waiting for some test strips of my cassiaed/hennaed to oxidize so we can choose which blend I should try on my virgin hair. He seems to like the idea of adding some red to my naturally dark blond hair and I'm glad that he shares his opinion with me!

Katrina
August 27th, 2009, 11:18 AM
My boyfriend absolutely loves it and he likes the idea that I'm going to grow it longer (classic or even more). He said my long hair was actually the very first thing that caught his eye. He helps me to detangle it, which is very nice. And of course he loves to comb it. It is great to have a boyfriend who is supportive :).

Krifantasy
August 28th, 2009, 08:53 AM
My husband really likes that I am growing my hair long. I kept it just about APL for some time and had been thinking about going much longer when he mentioned that he liked my hair long. Since then, I have been in a serious grow effort. His hair is just passed his shoulder blades so that might be why he likes long hair.

He is a little baffled by this site though. While he likes long hair, he thinks a web community devoted to hair is rather strange. :)

squee
January 29th, 2010, 05:19 PM
My current boyfriend pets my hair, and is fine with me getting hair stuff..and talking about hair. I think he may like it at least it little :o

Sissy
January 29th, 2010, 05:36 PM
my husband loves my hair. He does think I'm a bit silly sometimes when I'm doing a treatment on it. However, he always compliments it and asks me to use oils on his short/clean cut, thinning hair as well. I think he likes to get the hair massage and scalp stimulation :)

Cholera
January 29th, 2010, 06:32 PM
My boyfriend is really supportive.. now. I used to straighten my hair and dye it crazy colors, and he loved that. When I first told him I was gonna stop, he was really disappointed. But now that he's seen it longer, he really likes it. He even wants me to grow out my natural color, because he thinks it's pretty. The other day, in fact, I was worried that I looked better with short hair and he said, "Don't cut off your beautiful hair!" He's embracing the waviness with me, even :)

little_cherry
January 29th, 2010, 06:46 PM
My hubby loves it. At first, he thought I was a little (ok, a lot) crazy for putting oils and such on my hair, but he very quickly realised that my hair is beautiful from all these things I do for it! Besides, having healthy beautiful hair has been goal of mine since I was 14. I'm 28 now and am very happy. I wished that I got on the natural bandwagon a lot earlier, though!

When I get excited about oils, etc, he thinks it's cute!

Bunnicula
January 29th, 2010, 06:58 PM
My boyfriend is supportive of anything I choose to do with my hair, including when I dyed it blue and pink (my avatar), then cut it all off. However, now that I'm growing out my natural color and going for length, he says how beautiful it is and plays with it sometimes. He even tried to braid it one time, but that was more comedy than serious hairstyling.

Qadupae
January 29th, 2010, 09:24 PM
My DFutureH was a little skeptical when I said I was growing out my hair since he has heard that rom me at least 3 times before, but now that he sees I am very serious about it and going through the growing pains of 4", he is becoming more supportive. Honestly, he doesn't care what my hair is like unless it starts getting in our way and taking up too much time, then he cares. I once shaved my head and he loved it because he said it reminded him of Sinead O'Connor, one of his favorite singers :D

charley27
January 29th, 2010, 09:36 PM
My hubby LOVES my hair, especially the color (natural redhead). He's always wanted me to grow it out, but I always have cut it when it got to APL or BSL. I'm now going for at least the waist, and he's so excited. He told me to buy any oils, combs, brushes that I needed and even offered to help with any scalp massages or detangling!

walterSCAN
January 29th, 2010, 09:39 PM
I forget if I've already replied to this thread... so, sorry if I'm re-posting...

DF loves my hair long... his only 'stipulation' is that it's never above my shoulders, which I never plan to do anyway! He's benignly amused by all of the things I feel the need to do to my hair, so he mostly just humors my vagaries...

Olde Soul
January 29th, 2010, 11:15 PM
DBF loves mine (especially after the henna :D) but he likes it at my current length and is kinda leery about my trying for classic. :shrug:

Felix_D
January 30th, 2010, 09:04 AM
My husband actually prefers it short. I'm petite and thin, and he thinks long hair would be too overwhelming on my small stature... Any petites out there with long hair that look fantastic?

Sammich
January 30th, 2010, 10:29 AM
My guy loves my hair as much as he loves me. He knows how special it is to me... and is so supportive. The other day as I was panicking about my 'damaged' dyed hair. It wasn't really damaged LOOKING/FEELING(Ish) just... I am so paranoid of damage, even if hair is sort of damaged naturally anyway. :p
Well... I was depressed and thinking of cutting(I didn't even say it)... and he said "Don't you dare say you want to cut it! You want to grow it."
Me: "I do but... T_T It's dyed and it's better if I...-"
Him: "How about you grow it to your knees or whatever and then cut it shorter to your hips or butt or so, so you'll have alot of virgin hair but you'll still have it long? And keep doing that...?"
That instantly made me feel better and start thinking and smiling for the future of my hair! Lol! :p
So yeah. :D I love him, I really do. Made me really think... because he doesn't really THINK or talk about my hair and didn't really care much... but he knows I care so much about it so...
It made me feel loved... ^_^ I can truly tell he loves me! ;)

Svenja
January 30th, 2010, 10:33 AM
My husband loves my hair. He just wishes it was redder than it is. He loves ginger hair, but I don't (not on my head anyway).

Leneveu
January 30th, 2010, 01:33 PM
My husband actually prefers it short. I'm petite and thin, and he thinks long hair would be too overwhelming on my small stature... Any petites out there with long hair that look fantastic?

Ummm :o I'm petite and I think long hair suits me :o

DBF does compliment my hair from time to time, but he's not the type to want to brush and braid it, unfortunately :p

elina333
January 31st, 2010, 04:49 AM
He likes my hair but wants it longer. So I have a big supporter there in my quest for loooong locks :D He thinks Im spending too much time and money on it though... But he's a guy so I dont expect him to understand ;) (No offense all of you awesome men on this site!)

AngelaTS
February 4th, 2010, 09:40 AM
He would love me with any length of hair, but he does love my hair long.

Narya
February 4th, 2010, 10:46 AM
I think my boyfriend likes it, but doesn't say much. Also, I can't be really sure that it's the hair that he likes or if it's that he hates changes: even if he met me with red hair, everytime I talk/ed about dying it (be it henna or chemicals) he frowns and answers something along the lines of "are you sure? really? ...well, it's your hair, you can do what you want with it." And the same about cuts, trims, straightening or curling. "You said you got a fringe?! ...anyway, it's your hair..." "You curled it? Of course, you can do what you want..." "You did whatever-I've-done? It's your hair, I can't tell you what to do and what not to..."

Everytime the same: first freaks out for a few nano-seconds, and then reminds himself that the hair is mine and I'm the one choosing, just as if he was auto-excusing the changes. And then, some days later, he's happy with it again, and if I think of doing something else, no matter how temporary, the story starts again. xD

(It's the same with everything else: tattoos, piercings, clothes, make-up... And his explanation is that "he likes me just as I am". I'm tempted to tease him sometimes and ask me if he'd love me less if I got a permed blue electric hair and strange piercings LoL)

BelleBot
February 4th, 2010, 03:32 PM
My boyfriend loves my hair, it's why he noticed me in the first place (plus I tightlace with corsets).
He loves long hair and he'd be devastated if I got my hair cut. He thinks all women should have long hair as it's beautiful and feminine. He also has long hair, 39". But he's envious of mine as mine is straight and his is wavy. He's sometime a bit iffy about the colour, he loves any colour I have, but prefers brighter colours (like bright pink) as they make me more cheerful. His ideal would be dark purple, shame I won't be allowed that with training to be a nurse and it looks odd with my skin tone. I suit reds/pinks best.

MandyBeth
February 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM
DBF doesn't care what length my hair is, tho' he likes petting it and playing with it. Oh, hair stick, here hold still, he wants to see about how to put it in and he likes to put braids in my hair. Tho' the comment when I said I was growing it out long was "Going to collect hair stuff now instead of jewelry?" No, I intend to horde both, they are sparkly and I like 'em.

Balenciaga
February 4th, 2010, 03:57 PM
I didn't think my other half was particularly bothered until the other day when I was brushing it through to put it up. He picked up my comb and started to comb it for me. It was really lovely, I imagine that what it feels like for a cat when it's being stroked. :)

Gingevere
February 6th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I'm single, but I put "loves it" because my four-legged friends seem to love my hair. In fact, that's how I got one of my cats, Harriet. She was a stray, left in a box with her brothers and sisters on my friend's doorstep. My friend brought some the kittens into show-and-tell (this was second grade, mind you!) and Harriet spent the entire time in my lap batting playfully at my hair. It was so adorable, so I persuaded my mom to let me adopt her. She's still around and still enjoys messing with my hair, especially now that it's longer.

Accodion
February 7th, 2010, 05:17 PM
DBF LOVES my hair just as much as I do. We're in a LDR, but he was here for two weeks last July/August, and he spent a lot of time playing with it. Sometimes, we'll go on Skype and he likes to watch me brush my hair before putting it up in a ponytail or bun for the night.

Our favorite hairstyle for me is pigtails. He's drawn me several times, and they always feature me with the 'tails =)

Arrow Juniper
February 7th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Lately, for the last month or so, I've been really taking good care of my hair after years of benign neglect and just night before last my fellow said "i love your hair" - better than an "i love you" only because it's much rarer. Yay!

Several weeks ago I asked him what he thought of the new hairstyles (the no washing ones) and he said, your hair is very straight and long, like a medieval babe. I like your hair (with a nod that meant he liked it a lot).

Kaijah
February 7th, 2010, 06:18 PM
He loves it, loves it, loves it, and doesn't hesitate to tell me so. :) He likes to touch it/pet it, which I don't really mind, but I think he's afraid to try styling it. For fear of breaking it or messing it up, I'm not sure which. :P

Nae
February 7th, 2010, 06:42 PM
He is okay with it, I cut it short last year and he wasn't too keen on that. (Neither was I, after the fact.) We are getting back there slowly hehe.

naereid
February 9th, 2010, 01:41 AM
He loves it and he's supportive of me growing it out (though he does get tired when I keep going on and on and on about hair). He often says things like "oh, your hair is getting so long!" just to make me happy. :o He carved me a beautiful wooden hair stick for Christmas 2008. Unfortunately, I rarely use it because I'm afraid of breaking it. :redgrin:

FrannyG
February 9th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Mine loves it and enjoys any new styles I try. He's become quite a fan of my newfound styling abilities.

Cheeks1206
February 9th, 2010, 08:45 AM
He doesn't care too much, as long as it doesn't eat him in his sleep. Or wrap around his toothbrush. That happened once and he even accused me of doing it on purpose!

eamane
February 9th, 2010, 08:59 AM
I think DH likes it all right. Loving it is probably saying to much, but he doesn't want me to cut it either... He never says to much about it:rolleyes:

LorelaiAmethyst
February 9th, 2010, 09:57 AM
My boyfriend loves my hair long...even when he finds the giant hairballs under the couch. :rolleyes:

I'm doing the wear your hair up challenge, and I had it down a few weeks ago due to a headache, and he couldn't keep his fingers out of it. He wants to learn how to braid it and what have you, but he's afraid my hair is going to eat his fingers. :crazyq:

sibiryachka
February 9th, 2010, 12:48 PM
He especially loves it now that I henna - he has a "thing" for redheads ; )

minuteofdecay
March 5th, 2010, 12:08 AM
When I first wanted to grow my hair out I had a pixie and my boyfriend at the time hated that I wanted to grow it out, he said he LOVED my short hair... But I didn't care I started to grow it out anyway... (now I got rid of the guy, and got the hair)

Erin-86
March 5th, 2010, 01:03 AM
My husband loved my long hair, and he thinks it's a shame I had to cut it due to damage, but he understands ;)

He always said to me that he didn't care that much, but my hair is now APL and a few weeks ago he did mention he liked my hair "before", meaning when it was longer before I had my perm! (that was de damage I had to cut...)

But I think he could live with every hairstyle I prefer ;)

TXbarbie
March 5th, 2010, 01:37 AM
My boyfriend likes my hair... he finds it funny when I tell my sorority sisters about CO'ing and that I'm actually persuading some of them to try it over the summer!

maxzeen
March 5th, 2010, 10:02 AM
DBF always comments on how nice my hair smells.

YesitsReal
March 5th, 2010, 10:51 AM
I've asked him before what he would think if I cut my APL hair off to chin length. His response was, "As long as there's enough for me to run my fingers through." He likes it long, but it's not super-important to him that it stays that way.

The one thing that is apparently off-limits is coloring it. I mentioned the other day that I loved the gorgeous colors everyone on the LHC got with henna, and I showed him a few pictures. It was a definite no-go. He says he can't stand it when women drastically change their hair color and look unnatural. He has a thing for the natural look (which is funny, because he loves it when my hair is straightened...go figure). I guess I'm stuck blonde. :rolleyes:

georgia_peach
March 5th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Loves it but wishes I would let the grey grow in and not henna.

Tangles
March 5th, 2010, 11:31 AM
He likes it long but refused to give an opinion when I asked if I should cut it.

BrightEyes7
March 5th, 2010, 11:42 AM
My DBF thinks my hair is pretty but he doesn't really care about it. He does get mad a finding my hairs everywhere though!! All over the couch, bed, badroom, his clothes... hehehe... I guess he just never noticed them when my hair was shorter. I guess 3 foot hairs are kinda noticeable!!! :bigtongue:

burns_erin
March 5th, 2010, 03:07 PM
The only time DH has any care or concern really for my hair is if I forget to put it up when we are sleeping. It really sticks to his beard. Or it tries to strangle him.

daydreamer
March 5th, 2010, 03:21 PM
My fiance loves it -- I don't think he'd ever complain about hair toys, since he's always trying to give me barrettes and such and likes to see me wear them!

nellreno
March 5th, 2010, 04:01 PM
He likes it. He's supportive of my goal to grow it out, and he's even said he's jealous because I get to do cool things with my hair since it's long! And he's okay with my obsession with Youtube hair tutorials! hehe

I've recently decided to grow out my natural hair color, which he's never actually seen. It'll be interesting when he realizes I'm almost blonde!

JKRBeloved
March 5th, 2010, 04:12 PM
Once I decided to let my white hair come out, my DH let me know it made him feel so old. I honestly feel I look better this way... because there is SO MUCH white, that I was a skunk after one week every time. No fun. He also did not like it long, once I let the white out, so I cut it finally, and I have to admit I am enjoying it quite a bit now. He likes it better this length, and doesn't seem to mind the color so much any more.

curlywurlygurly
March 5th, 2010, 07:04 PM
My SO loves my hair, he loved it when it was long, when he shaved it for me and he loves it growing out, and like me cannot wait until it super long. I'm a lucky cookie with such a lovely SO :D

deviantkitten
March 5th, 2010, 07:37 PM
My DH adores my hair. He always teases that's one of his "requirements" for me lol. That, and staying pale lol. He is deployed right now, so while he is gone, I have joined LHC and am dedicated to growing my hair longer and more beautiful for him and for myself. I wear it up most of the time, so those moments when I take it down, it is like exposing a little part of myself. Like in the past when ladies stayed so covered up, and the times when a man would catch a glimpse of an ankle as a woman got into a carriage made his heart race.
My family, on the other hand, don't really "get it". I get the comments like "Oh, your hair could look so cute short!" And in the same breath, they will ask how long my hair is and ooh and ahh over the length. I have since explained to them that on LHC I have learned so many cute new styles, and they can't wait to see them!
So yes, my DH is supportive and encouraging. I can't wait to show him my lovelier and longer locks when he arrives on leave from Iraq!

Cirafly24
March 5th, 2010, 08:11 PM
My fiance doesn't care one way or the other. He tells me I look cute when I have my hair in a new style or something, but he doesn't care about length. In fact, he has a hard time understanding why I care about it so much. He is an extremely practical person, and doesn't put any stock in appearance aside from looking neat and clean.

Whenever I get excited about hair, or makeup, or clothes, he looks at me quizzically and says something like "Why do you need all that? You'd look good even if you were bald and wearing a burlap sack."

Hehe, sometimes it's nice, and sometimes I wish he'd share my enthusiasm for some things.

-Jenna

gmdiaz
March 6th, 2010, 07:37 AM
My husband loves long hair. . .but it doesn't seem to matter much to him what length it is, as long as it's waist length or so.

I have been testing a lot of products over the last year or so, so on the way home from work, I'll often ask, how did my hair look today? Wondering if my hair care combo is a winner or loser. : ) He always says, your hair looks great. It always looks great. He thinks it looks great when all I can see is ends that are too dry or that I applied to much oil on the ends and they're crunchy. He's not very helpful in this regard.

He does trim my hair for me and tries not to groan when I ask him to measure my hair every month. And he tries not to laugh at me when I curse and leave the room, disgusted that my hair has not grown an inch since the last time I asked him to measure, even when I make him check his measurement again to be sure he got it right.

He has long hair too but likes to keep it just below shoulder blade length. Right now, it's almost to his waist.

His hair is prettier than mine and he spends FAR FAR less on hair care products. His secret is benign neglect.

He doesn't like for me to mess with his hair. . .won't let me brush it. Won't try very many of my hair care products.

He gulps when I buy tiny little bottles of $10 shampoo to test. *Abba Moisture Shampoo and Abba Basic Shampoo. . cause I know you want to know* thinks they're too expensive and that I have way too many already. Which is true. LOLOL

But I DID notice that he's been double dipping in my Biolage Matrix tub o' conditioner. . .roflolol. He was shocked that it cost $23, so he's trying to use just a little bit. But it works so well for him that I don't think he'll mind when I rebuy it.

Long hair love. . .it's complicated. *snark*

IndigoAsh
March 6th, 2010, 08:03 AM
My husband says 'I used to love long hair'. He thinks it's become annoying now that I make an effort because I seem to attach too many rules, like no hair pulling...

cheeks1206: you had me rolling with your comment.

Jorchet
March 6th, 2010, 08:44 AM
He loves my hair, but prefers it when still soaking wet because he says you can see more of my face. Of course, being super curly, when it dries, my hair gets the attention! lol He's a sweetie! Loves smelling my hair and playing with the ringlety curls!

ravensinger13
March 6th, 2010, 01:32 PM
My DH loves it, and says so on occasion, but when I talk about growing it or chopping it all off his only opinion is "don't go above the shoulders" and doesn't even blink.

Irishred
March 7th, 2010, 07:44 PM
DH loves my hair... most of the time. He doesn't often say much and is tolerant of my obsession with conditioner and strange things I put on my head LOL. One irritating thing he frequently says is "why do you wash your hair then mash grease/wax (conditioner) back into it?"

I thought I had gotten him to understand it like 6 months ago when e started showing an interest in helping to care for DDs and my hair. But apparently his memory issues (medical problem and medications) wiped it out again.... sigh.

Yozhik
March 7th, 2010, 08:56 PM
DBF loves my hair, mostly because he realizes how important it has become to me. He compliments me almost everyday on it, and has said he can definitely tell how much healthier it has become since joining the forum :) :crush:

eta: today I even got him to try my shampoo bar!

Prism
March 7th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I voted under two options: he loves it and he wishes it were made of cheese.

I am not sure about the latter because I would never serve him cheese. I just know he loved to run his toes through my hair when it was long. In fact, sometimes when I was lying in bed, he'd come up and just bury his face in it and work his toes in it and get a little bit drooly.

He wears a black and white tuxedo every day and is rather hairy. I love him very much.

Sha-na-na
March 7th, 2010, 09:08 PM
If I cut it, I think he will leave me. LOL.

More likely he will pout for a few months and ask me repeatedly to grow it again.

ChrissieM
March 8th, 2010, 03:48 PM
I replied to this thread ages ago, saying that my husband love long hair.....however, as I am growing mine, it's become apparent that he doesn't really like extreme lengths. My hair wis between BSL and waist right now, and he's making comments that I shouldn't grow any longer. I'm still going to grow to at least hip, though. It's my hair. Actually, I think he's just mad that I'm wearing my hair up a lot more now.....I know he doesn't like that. I'm trying to make an effort to keep it down when he is around.

Centelleo
March 10th, 2010, 11:49 AM
My boyfriend loves pixie cuts but I have nearly APL hair and he's fine with it. He's a particularly big fan of blunt bangs but mine grow so fast that I usually get two good weeks of wear out of them before they need another trim!

Zarafay Torath
March 10th, 2010, 04:44 PM
My boyfriend loves my hair :)
He's very supportive, and he gets excited every time I do a length check. Whenever I wear it down, he has his hands in it, ooh-ing and aah-ing over how 'long' it's gotten. When I told him I wanted to grow it to my waist at least, he had the biggest smile on his face. :)

naereid
March 12th, 2010, 03:09 AM
My boyfriend loves pixie cuts but I have nearly APL hair and he's fine with it. He's a particularly big fan of blunt bangs but mine grow so fast that I usually get two good weeks of wear out of them before they need another trim!
Which reminds me that my BF loves:
a) pixie cuts
b) loooooong hair.
Talk about extremes! :grnbiggri