PDA

View Full Version : Slowing growing hair as a kid?

andber
April 25th, 2009, 03:10 PM
My daughter who is about two years old has quite fast growing hair except the bangs which grows really slowly and are very thin, especially compared to the rest of the hair.

Has any body here on LHC had it like that when you were a small kid - that a part of the hair was growing much more slowly than the rest of the hair. (Maybe it's the same today...?). Did this change after some time so that the slow growing hair started to "speed up" in growth speed and thickness?

Iylivarae
April 25th, 2009, 03:15 PM
The hair around my forehead grows about half as fast as the rest of my hair. It took me almost a year to get from chinlength to shoulder. I suppose that the hair close to the hairline just can grow slower, and I don't really think you can speed the growth up.

Carolyn
April 25th, 2009, 04:28 PM
She's a baby. Don't worry about it.

andber
April 27th, 2009, 04:08 AM
Actually she has more hair than most of the kids her age so no I am not worried. :)

I am interested to hear if it's common that hair that is growing very slowly when you are a kid starts growing faster when you grow up. Maybe somebody of you here on the LHC when you were a child had slow growing bangs with the rest of the hair growing much faster and today all of your hair is growing more the same speed.

Something else: is it possible to edit a post? A title of a thread? I realized just after posted this thread that the title was wrong. Bad english...

Iylivarae
April 27th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Editing a post is possible, but I think only after you have several posts (50, I think). Editing the titles is - as far as I know - not possible. Only the mods can do that, so you could ask one if he/she could correct the title.