PDA

View Full Version : Can you evaluate my growth?

cleanbug
April 25th, 2009, 07:27 AM
Hello to the group. For those of you who would like to comment, I am wondering if you would take a look at my pics & see what you think about my hair growth?

I have a link to my henna site where I created a new page that shows the growth. I started growing my hair in Feb. 2008. I have a few pics about 4-5 months apart up until April of this year.

Keep in mind that between every picture, i cut off about an inch because the grow out process from very short hair is really difficult without regular re-shaping.

I think I get, as a rule, about 1/2 inch per month. Is that about right/normal? I do henna my hair & have lots of grey in the front so it is pretty easy for me to measure monthly growth.

Here's that link I mentioned.
http://ilovehenna.tripod.com/id14.html
Thanks,
Tami

lora410
April 25th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Average growth is 1/4" a month but there are exceptions to the rule. I get 1/4 growth in the cold months and almost an inch in the warm months.

marialena
April 25th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Having in mind that you have regular cuts on your hair every month your hair are growing longer really fast.
I like you with your henna color. Makes your skin look soooo white and your eyes look like cat's eyes. :)
You are very beautiful! :)

Honey39
April 25th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Looks good - I think now it's the one length, you can let it grow for longer without cuts, or have small trims! I usually cut about 1/2 inch every three months or so.

I think the average growth is 1/2 inch per month. Mine seems to grow a little faster than that, but it's curly, so am not entirely sure.

You have lovely hair!

cleanbug
April 25th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. I now am going longer between cuts. I waited 5 months this last time for a trim. I took off 3/4" in my layers because there was that much old blond (hidden under the henna) bleached, really dry hair. Now that I have fresh ends, I'd like to get to Christmas, at least, with out scissors. Might need a micro trim by then. I'd really like to go a year...we'll see how my hair holds up til then.
Thanks
Tami

nayver
April 25th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Hi, first I love your hair color!!! Second, I think you are ready now to stop trimming for at least six months. I don't see any layers that can get in your way :) Plus, I believe henna will help you protecting your hair.

aahavaa
April 25th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Your hair colour is awesome!! Your site looks really neat too..its great to see these progress reports..happy growing you are over the most awkward stage now.

JamieLeigh
April 25th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks for sharing your photos! You're very beautiful, and your hair-color is fantastic! :flower:

If you're getting 1/2" growth a month, you're in the top percentile of average monthly growth. Most people get around 1/4"-1/2" inch a month. I get about 1/2"-3/4", but that is probably just genetics, since I really don't do anything to stimulate it that I know of besides massage and Biotin (and it's still unclear whether Biotin really does stimulate growth).

You're doing a great job, and I hope you have a LONG and happy hair journey! :D

lynnala
April 25th, 2009, 10:45 PM
I think you've gotten very good growth. I get 1/2" per month too. I used to think my hair was slow growing, but I guess not! Beautiful hair too! I don't think you need to trim unless the ends start seeming 'yucky'. I always know when to give myself a tiny trim, the 'yucky' factor! ;)

GlennaGirl
April 25th, 2009, 11:30 PM
You are simply beautiful! I too typically get .5" a month. On the occasional faster-growing month, I'll get .75". Your growth looks very good.

wackyredtangles
April 26th, 2009, 12:44 AM
I wanted to chime in with a you are very pretty, and the henna is gorgeous on you. You're hair looks great too. In your pictures you don't have that look of growing out a haircut, each pic looks great, and like its supposed to be that way. I hope that last bit made sense. =)

It looks like it grew quite a bit to me. You can really see a big difference when hair is that length. Once you get past the shoulders, it grows the same, but it doesn't look as different.

Anyways, both you and your hair are very very pretty. =)

Chrissy
April 26th, 2009, 05:22 AM
I think your hair looks great! I even like the short cut. It is very pretty as it grows out. Looking good!!!!

Chrissy
April 26th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Oh and 1/2" per month is pretty much the norm.