PDA

View Full Version : Help Me

Pazita!
April 24th, 2009, 11:58 PM
About 2 months ago I started using 100% natural hair products. At the beginning the products worked great, they made my hair soft, maneagable and it looked sooo healthy. But lately, like 2 weeks ago my hair became really dull, dry and all tangled up!! I don't know why this is happening. Two days ago I started using a shampoo and a conditioner that are not chemical free, and this made my hair soft and maneagable again and it is not tangled up anymore. Please help me why my hair became so dull, dry and tangled up?? :confused:

fishwich
April 25th, 2009, 12:09 AM
It could really be any of a number of reasons. Different hair likes different things at different times--I'm not going to touch "100% natural", because natural does not always mean good or safe or good for you, and can mean any number of different things depending on who's using it.

Mind giving a few more details on your regimen so people can help you better?

manderly
April 25th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Sounds like you had a buildup problem. Buildup can cause tangles and general dullness, and can usually be taken care of by a regular SLS shampoo.

I would suggest you try going back to your natural products again, and if all is well this time around, you can attribute the problem to buildup. Now when it happens again, you'll know a quick wash with your commercial shampoo is all it takes to get your hair happy again :)

teela1978
April 25th, 2009, 12:12 AM
Sounds like you had a buildup problem. Buildup can cause tangles and general dullness, and can usually be taken care of by a regular SLS shampoo.

I would suggest you try going back to your natural products again, and if all is well this time around, you can attribute the problem to buildup. Now when it happens again, you'll know a quick wash with your commercial shampoo is all it takes to get your hair happy again :)

What she said :) I think you just needed to clarify, and your other shampoo did it.

Pazita!
April 25th, 2009, 12:13 AM
Well I wash my hair every two days. I apply shampoo, then I apply conditioner, after that I apply some coconut oil or jojoba oil, y comb my hair with a wide tooth comb. That's about it

Pazita!
April 25th, 2009, 12:14 AM

That was just what I was thinking. Thank you so much :)

longhairedfairy
April 25th, 2009, 01:07 AM
I think the same thing Manderly said.:)