PDA

View Full Version : 3 year hair anniversary

jessie58
April 24th, 2009, 10:57 PM
My real LHC anniversary was in February so I am 2 months late.
When I came here over 3 years ago, my hair was thinning at an alarming rate. I was afraid I was going to be bald. My hair had been quite thick all of my life and I was very upset with the sudden change. I found LHC while searching for hair remedies and I don't think I have missed a day of being here since I signed up.

My first goal was not to grow my hair long but to stop it from falling out. I have done that. Twice in fact. I had another major shed about 1 1/2 years ago and it has grown back in for the second time now.
My goal has changed from BSL to waist and if I had not kept on trimming all year, I would have reached my goal of waist. However, the cutting bug hit me several times and I am still only at BSL. So from here on in, I'll be growing out to waist.

Thank you to everybody who has helped and encouraged me on my hair journey thus far. Welcome to all the new members here too. :waving:

Here is my hair the week I joined. The back was deceptively thick looking, the front was disappearing bit by bit.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/IMG_2515.jpghttp://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/07d217cf.jpg

Here it was on my one year anniversary. Thickened up nicely.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/Tessashair023.jpg

My two year anniversary. Much thinner after another major shed but much longer too.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/Longhaircommunity07and08/IMG_2102.jpg

My 3 year anniversary. I did lots of trimming so shorter but thicker here.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/LHC%202009/IMG_0854.jpg

Hair last week. Very thick at the moment and I swear that I will stop trimming now. Only a dusting every 3 months from now on.
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e232/jessie58/LHC%202009/hairapril09007.jpg

Morningglory
April 24th, 2009, 11:14 PM
:joy: Wow! Your hair looks great and very thick! It is very pretty, and it looks like you could easily go a year without a trim and get some good length. Maybe even longer with just dusting that is a great idea!!!!!

AprilElf
April 24th, 2009, 11:19 PM
What a difference three years makes! :D
That's the first time (that I can remember) I've seen a photo of your hair from when you first joined. You've made wonderful progress! It looks so thick and healthy! :blossom:

tiny_teesha
April 24th, 2009, 11:30 PM
WOW!!! BOOM!!!!!
Your hair is SO THICK!
:thud:
That is MUCH progress in three years and i agree, no need for frequent trims any more!

SimplyLonghair
April 24th, 2009, 11:36 PM
Hi Jessie I remember those pics! I also remember your sheds kind of coincided with the ones that I had.

I love this community for the support and help that they have been along the way.

Your hair looks so wonderful. I have always thought that it did.

I don't remember, did you use chromedome for your shed or something else?? I remember that you got wonderful regrowth, but I forgot what you did to get it.

Happy anniversary! :happydance: :cheer: :flower:

Now I need to go and find pics from when I first started! It's coming up on 4 years! Whoohoo LHC :cheer:

Katahdin
April 24th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Wow your hair is thick!

I especially love the curls from the two year anniversary pic and the one from last week. Pretty! :D

jessie58
April 24th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Morningglory, AprilElf, TinyTeesha and SimplyLongHair, thanks everybody. :flowers:

I think you are right, I'll stick to either no more cutting or just the occasional dusting.

SimplyLongHair, you have a good memory! I became obsessed with the thread that is linked in the first sentence of this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2001) post. I then made my own formula which I personally believe saved my hair and grew it back.

jessie58
April 24th, 2009, 11:45 PM
Wow your hair is thick!

I especially love the curls from the two year anniversary pic and the one from last week. Pretty! :D

Oops, you snuck in there while I was posting, thank you very much. :flowers:

Redheaded Raven
April 25th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Hi Jessie I remember those pics! to , I am soooo happy that you are doing well with your hair ,wow has it really been 3 years ,
Happy Anniversary jessie58:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Fifty-Five
April 25th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Wow. o.o Your hair is amazing. I'm glad you were able to avoid the shedding! It's so thick and curly! D= Gah, amazing!

darkwaves
April 25th, 2009, 12:08 AM
Such wonderful, gorgeous, thick, stunning, curly hair!!!!

You have done well, my friend. Lovely. Just lovely.

(And now, imagine this glory at hip... and tailbone... and classic...)

SimplyLonghair
April 25th, 2009, 12:29 AM
My family accuses me of being part elephant! ;) I remember though because at the time I really thought about doing the oils, but never got around to them.

I have stopped my shed and have started growing it all back, but I think that this time I want to do the oils too. Hey it couldn't hurt and I love all of those oils, except, I have to leave out the cedarwood, as I am allergic to that oil or rather the tree and wood so I assume I am to the oil also.

I think that may have been what stopped me from it the last time. I also didn't have all of the oils that I have gotten by now, so I don't have as many to buy now.:p That's really just an excuse to shop for more EO's don't ya know.:rolleyes:

Thanks for this thread that reminded me!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

Aren't anniversary threads a blast? A blast from the past! :o:rolleyes:

almudena
April 25th, 2009, 12:57 AM
What a wonderful and inspiring progress! :joy:
Your hair is looking amazingly beautiful :inlove: COngrats!! :flowers:

fishwich
April 25th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Congratulations! That is some seriously thick and lovely hair, big shed or no.

RavennaNight
April 25th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Happy anniversary Jessie! Your hair is gorgeous as always! Beautiful fast progress too!

Guenever
April 25th, 2009, 01:58 AM
great progress, jessie! :D no need to keep trimming! looks awesome..

And congrats on your 3 year anniversary! :cake: :waltz:

janeytilllie
April 25th, 2009, 02:33 AM
Happy Anniversary:blossom:

Your hair is very beautiful and thick. You have gorgeous hair! :thud:

Heavenly Locks
April 25th, 2009, 02:35 AM
I love your curls! :)

Great hair, you'll make it to waist in no time!

Debra83
April 25th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Congratulations!!! May I asked what caused the shedding twice?

HeatherMae
April 25th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Your hair is absolutely amazing! I actually caught myself with my mouth dropped open looking at your pictures. There isn't one thing that I don't like about your hair, it truly is breath taking.

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you!! :)

Ryanne
April 25th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Happy Anniversary! Very pretty and thick hair.

SchnauzerMom
April 25th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Wow you have made lots of progress, your hair is gorgeous.

RoseRedDead
April 25th, 2009, 07:38 AM
Wow! Your hair is so thick... Mine is puny in comparison. Congratulations! :cheese:

EdG
April 25th, 2009, 08:00 AM
Congratulations on three years, jessie58! You have incredibly thick hair. :thud:
Ed

paper
April 25th, 2009, 08:03 AM
Happy 3rd Anniversary Jessie! :flowers:

Your hair is gorgeous!!!

Melisande
April 25th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Dear Jessie, congratulations! Your hair is a dream come true - thick, curly, awe inspiring shine! Simply wonderful.

As you may remember, your recipe for essential oil treatment inspired me, and I have been oiling my hair regularly for many months now. My hair has thickend a bit, too, but of course next to your luxurious head of hair I blush :oops:

thank you so much for your good advice and for the exciting thread where you document your and your husband's new growth (how is his hair, btw?). It encouraged me after a huge medication-induced shed. My bottle of hair oil is always next to my bed and I oil my scalp faithfully at least twice a week ;-)

Don't trim any more, please. Your hemline is so gorgeous, now let it grow and flow. What a remarkable head of hair.

MsBubbles
April 25th, 2009, 09:30 AM
Wow your hair looks beautiful!! I don't think I've seen your pics/profile before. What gorgeous curls/waves.

pdy2kn6
April 25th, 2009, 09:42 AM
wow
amazingly thick, it looks like its taking over your body on the last pic, well done

zen_oven
April 25th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Gorgeous! I envy how thick you hair is, and love your waves!

brok3nwings
April 25th, 2009, 10:04 AM
you have such a beautiful hair! Really beautiful i love the wave curl with all that thickness!! normally with that much thickness and wave and curl it gets frizzy but not yours ! its gorgeaus and i dont think you will have any problems getting into your goal of waist ;)

jessie58
April 25th, 2009, 11:36 AM
RedHeadedRaven, FiftyFive, thank you. :flowers:

darkwaves, people tell me I have thick hair but YOU have thick hair. I cannot wait to get to your length!

SimplyLongHair, how strange to be allergic to the Cedarwood tree. You could certainly do well without it though. The 4 basic oils will do.

Almudena, Fishwich, RavennaNight, Guenever, JaneyTillie and Heavenly Locks, thank you all so much. :flowers:

Debra, the shedding was caused by a combination of stress, hormonal changes and adrenal issues. Nothing would help the hair until the oils, after both major sheds. The stress is still there but the other health issues seem to have been resolved so I hope there are no more major sheds in my future.

HeatherMae, Ryanne, SchnauzerMom, RoseRedDead, EdG, Paper, thanks for the lovely comments. :flowers:

Melisande I am so happy that the oil has helped you too and that the thread encouraged you as well. It's wonderful to hear that your hair is doing well now. I won't be trimming any more now, don't worry. :D :flower:

MsBubbles, pdy2kn6, zen_oven and brok3nwings, I appreciate all the lovely feedback, thank you. :flowers:

Jason
April 25th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Oh my goodness, Tessa, your thickness is so impressive! It's wonderful how your hair filled in so nicely after the shed. I also had a bad shed last summer but it has thickened since. I really love your waves, they're just so beautiful and healthy looking. It's been great having you at LHC!:)

Xandergrammy
April 25th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Happy Anniversary, sweet Tessa!!! You know I love your hair. :smooch:

Carolyn
April 25th, 2009, 02:20 PM
I'd forgotten how short your hair was when you first joined LHC. My goodness it's grown! No more scissors for you young lady! :p

morningstar
April 25th, 2009, 02:31 PM
Tessa Your hair is very pretty as always. It is amazingly thick. :flower:

Shermie Girl
April 25th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Happy Anniversary to you and your amazing mane, Tessa. :flowers:

lynnala
April 25th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Gosh your hair is lovely! Congrats!

mellie
April 25th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Wow, Jessie, it's GORGEOUS!!! What thick, juicy curls!!! :hifive: I LOVE your hair! :-)

feralnature
April 25th, 2009, 06:13 PM
jessie, step away from the scissors! You do not need a trim or a dusting or anything at all resembling a cut. If I can go 17 months, so can you! Your hair is absolutely thick, healthy and gorgeous! PLEASE don't trim a single hair and then post a comparison pic in a year...can't wait!:)

No trims!

jessie58
April 25th, 2009, 06:53 PM
Jason, Xandergrammy, Carolyn, Morningstar, ShermieGirl, Lynnala, Mellie and Feralnature, thank you to all of you for the nice comments and encouragement. :flowers:

Pilgrim
April 25th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Happy 3 year+ anniversary, jessie! Your hair looks lovely and healthy. Thanks for sharing your progress!

melrose1985
April 25th, 2009, 07:59 PM
Your hair looks great!

hennaphile
April 25th, 2009, 08:09 PM
congrats!! It looks fab-ul-ous! You must be so happy!

JamieLeigh
April 25th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! :flower: Your hair is so gorgeous!! I'm so glad you were able to grow back the hair that you lost. It's so amazingly thick!

Thank you so much for sharing photos! :)

MountainGypsy
April 25th, 2009, 10:33 PM
Gorgeous, gorgeous hair and you are such a lovely person too! Happy *late* anniversary :flower:

DavidN
April 26th, 2009, 03:49 AM
Congratulations, Tessa, on your 3 year LHC anniversary, and it has been a genuine pleasure to get to know you during the time I have been a member of this community. You were one of the first to welcome me when I joined, and have always made me feel at home among my LHC friends.:blossom:

Of course, your hair is looking wonderful these days, and your thick and vibrant curls are a genuine inspiration to everyone!

jel
April 26th, 2009, 05:38 AM
Congrats on your hair-iversary! :flowers:

Your hair looks absolutely stunning! Is it at BSL now, or longer? The photo's been taken from above, so I can't tell.

Also, thank you for your research and contribution to the essential oils for hair loss thread. It's very encouraging to many!

rach
April 26th, 2009, 06:43 AM
how you must feel satisfied to look back at those pictures and see that progress. looks wonderfully thick and healthy. well done :D

Dark Rosaleen
April 26th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Your hair is looking beautiful. I'm sure it will look even prettier at waist length.

Elphie
April 26th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Gorgeous progress pictures. With all that thickness I never would have imagined you were having a thinning issue. Happy Anniversary!

ole gray mare
April 26th, 2009, 10:41 AM
Happy Anniversary, my friend! :blossom: I'm so glad to know you, and as amazing and beautiful as your hair is, your inside is even more beautiful.

girlcat36
April 26th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Jessie, your hair is stunning! I really didn't know you suffered so much thinning when you first joined. There is hope for me yet!

jessie58
April 26th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Pilgrim, Melrose1985, hennaphile, JamieLeigh, MountainGypsy, thanks to everybody for the lovely compliments. :flowers:

David, it's a pleasure to know you as well, thank you. :blossom:

Jel, thank you! My hair is only just at BSL now, 27" and I am also grateful to the original creator of the essential oils for shedding thread. :flowers:

Rach, Dark Rosaleen and Elphie, thank for your kind words.

Ole Gray Mare, thank you my special friend, you are yet another reason that I am happy to be here. :blossom:

Girlcat, your hair looks amazing and I have been watching your hair regrowth and I see it's thickening up very nicely. Thank you for the encouragement. :flower:

tina1025
April 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Thick and gorgeous curls and love the color..

Rini
April 26th, 2009, 10:56 PM
Hi Jessie :waving: you gorgeous lady you!! I loved looking at how far your hair has come and it is so inspiring how you researched and you persisted with your hair loss remedy and it WORKED......beautifully :inlove:

I am looking forward to at least 3 more years of your continued friendship and support. You are much loved around here :flowers:

jessie58
April 26th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Tina, thank you so much. :flowers:

Rini, thank you for such lovely comments. :blossom:

Aditi
April 27th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Congratulations on your 3-years anniversary. Your hair are beautiful and make sure they stay that way :)

SimplyLonghair
April 27th, 2009, 12:26 AM
Thanks for the tips, just one more reason that you are such a blessing to this community! :flower: Again happy anniversary and happy growing!

Kyannah
April 27th, 2009, 05:21 AM
Congratulations. Your hair certainly looks thick and healthy. I love your curls.

jessie58
April 27th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Aditi, SimplyLongHair (again, lol) and Kyannah, thank you all for your kind words. :flowers:

Euphony
April 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Wow Tessa, absolutely gorgeous! What a turnaround your hair has had. I don't think I ever saw your first LHC pic, what a great treat. Thank you so much for sharing.

KajiKodomo
April 27th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Wow, that's some great progress! Congrats! :D

tevta
April 27th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Jessie, congratulations for the achieved volume and lenght. I have similar hair, but since my whole-head bleach a year ago, my hair is more greyish and thin. I'm trying to repair it. Hope I will be somewhere near your results in three years' time ;)

tabbymook
April 27th, 2009, 10:02 AM
What an inspiration for us newbies! Thanks for sharing---

Tabbymook

goodluckcharm
April 27th, 2009, 11:13 AM
WOW!!! Your hair is insiprational! It's beautiful! :D

LutraLutra
April 27th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Oh my gosh, such lovely hair. Really great.

Áine
April 27th, 2009, 12:39 PM
Those curls are so beautiful. Congratulations on your progress, and I hope you achieve even more lovely inches.

swanns
April 27th, 2009, 01:12 PM
SO THICK! My goodness that's such a gorgeous head of hair you have! Good job :cheese:

Rohele
April 27th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Wow - beautiful thick hair! I would never had guessed you had any problems ever with shedding if you hadn't posted the first picture. It looks absolutely gorgeous now.

patience
April 27th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Happy Anniversary!

I love your curls, so pretty.

jessie58
April 28th, 2009, 05:31 PM
Euphony, Kadjikodomo, Tevta, Tabbymook, GoodLuckCharm, LutraLutra, Aine, Swanns, Rohele and Patience, thank you all so much for your lovely comments. :flowers:

SimplyLonghair
April 28th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Hey we all know gorgeous hair when we see it, after all we are LHC members! :happydance::cheese::cheese::cheese:

coppercurls
April 28th, 2009, 07:29 PM
Your hair looks amazing!:cheese:

jessie58
May 7th, 2009, 01:50 AM
SimplyLonghair (again :smooch:) and Coppercurls, thank you both so much. :flowers:

redneckprincess
May 7th, 2009, 06:47 AM
WOW your hair is absoutly gorgous (sp) and very inspriational !!!