PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me

MuzicalH3rb
April 24th, 2009, 10:42 PM
So, my aunt gave me "professional beauty scissors" for trimming hair and I noticed after spending maybe two hours doing the front of my hair I'm getting frizzies everywhere! I think I did something really bad. I feel like crying. I don't know what to do. I have very fine (but a lot of fine), wavy silkie type hair. How can I help my hair without going to the salon! I'm so scared, and I just want my hair to grow back long again. I'm a mess!!!

MuzicalH3rb
April 24th, 2009, 11:20 PM
They are these scissors, does anyone use these? http://www.sallybeauty.com/Logo-Bronze-Series-Shear-Collection/CRICKT7,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair12

AuntyClaus
April 25th, 2009, 06:39 AM
Hello! I'm new, myself, but don't want you to feel alone and terrified.

Do you mean that you think the scissors have damaged your hair, or are you afraid you've given yourself an uneven cut?

If it's damage, I'd recommend this thread, here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=476
If it's a bad cut, I'll let someone else advise you on that, because I'm pretty hopeless myself. Hang in there.

Rapunzal2Be
April 25th, 2009, 07:32 AM
I'm new here, certainly no expert.

But...those scissors do look like they are indeed intended for hair, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Maybe your hair is frizzing simply because it is now a bit lighter where you've just trimmed and is acting fly-away?

If you literally just trimmed them and haven't done anything else, that's my best guess. Can you just try to use your favorite conditioner or maybe some light oil and see if that tames them?

Hang in there and relax, I'm sure someone knowledgeable will come by this thread and help, but honestly I wouldn't worry too much.

MuzicalH3rb
April 25th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Upon further inspection, I'm pretty sure I will be fine! The problem is I trim it, and then that strand of hair will have teeny tiny fly aways. Could that be because my hair is wavy/curley? I just wanted to make sure I wasn't damaging my hair in any way!

AuntyClaus
April 25th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Could that be because my hair is wavy/curley?

Yep! And once it has the weight off it, it springs into a joyous curl!:joy:

Do keep an eye on your ends for splits or white dots. Sometimes even "hair cutting" shears aren't good quality.

You can probably find various methods for conquering the flyaways. This is a great site. Oh, and welcome! :)

Anje
April 30th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Hi. I actually have those scissors, and I rather like them. As you said, it's probably just that the hair is getting a bit flyaway -- really common for fine hair! If you get splits on the cut sections within a few weeks, I'd blame the scissors, but otherwise, I doubt there's anything to worry about.

Oh, and welcome to LHC!

MuzicalH3rb
May 21st, 2009, 01:32 AM
Hi. I actually have those scissors, and I rather like them. As you said, it's probably just that the hair is getting a bit flyaway -- really common for fine hair! If you get splits on the cut sections within a few weeks, I'd blame the scissors, but otherwise, I doubt there's anything to worry about.

Oh, and welcome to LHC!

I think my hair doesn't like those scissors. I went back to Sally's and got a more expensive pair and they work way better. I was getting fuzzies and really bad splits all over. The new scissors have made my ends soft! Thanks for calming me down guys. That really scared me for a minute!