PDA

View Full Version : Question about Monistat

Fairlight63
April 24th, 2009, 08:21 PM
I bought some Monistat 3 combination pack that has the suppositories of Miconazole Nitrate (200mg) PLUS the tube of Miconazole Nitrate cream (2%). What I was wondering is the suppositories the same as the cream? they do seem hard, though not a cream. I was wondering if they can be dissolved in water or something & still use them as the cream in the tube on the scalp? Has anyone got these & used them on their scalp?
I wish that they had just the tube of cream for sale.:(

Anje
April 24th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Hmm. I haven't tried them, but I suspect that the suppositories are just the cream in a gelatin coat. You can probably cut it with a knife or razor and squeeze the stuff into a container. (I use these little 1/4 cup tupperware-like containers constantly.)

CindyLea1
April 24th, 2009, 09:55 PM
I found just the tubes of gunk at my walmart. I buy the big tube. It does have "applicators" but I chuck them in the trash. I bought a few packs with the tiny tube and the suppositories and just ended up throwing them out. I didn't even think about melting them down! DOH!

The suppositories are sealed so maybe save them for the real deal, or *I* chuck them.

Fairlight63
April 25th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the idea of cutting them open. I will try that.
Hope that it works!

Thanks!