PDA

View Full Version : Gift For The Family!

Natalia
April 24th, 2009, 12:27 AM
We got soft water today!!! First time we've had soft water in over 6 years :agape:! Im thrilled but wondering how much it will affect my hair care routine? I know my hair felt better before becasue it took alot longer to style the frizz and such away from my hair after it broke but i wonder how much difference it will make now.

I am doing CO or herbal now along with all the other fun stuff like treatments and oiling back then i was still doing S&C plus a little oiling on the side. It will be an intersting experiment :).

I am thinking of clairifying when i wash next. I havent dont it since starting COing, in fact havent done it in about 6 months. My hair is just so fragile im afraid of rouching it up and stripping it at the same time :shrug: . And yes i am a bit paranoid :p :rolleyes: :p lol.

Natalia

Gypsygirl
April 24th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Oh, please keep me updated on this! We'll be in a "soft water" area all through July- and I'm still trying to find a way to make my hair behave over there! Someone pmed me and told me that Lush has a shampoo bar designed for soft water- maybe we should try that!

Silverlox
April 24th, 2009, 12:35 AM
Soft water is good for your hair. But you also need to use less products for washing and rinse a lot longer to get everything out. :flower:

Apart from that, soft water is generally considered very good for household appliances as washers, dishwashers, coffee machines, electric kettles etc. But not necessarily better for human internal use, like drinking. :shrug:

Gypsygirl
April 24th, 2009, 12:39 AM
you also need to use less products for washing and rinse a lot longer to get everything out. :flower:

I think that's exactly what I've been doing wrong last time we went there...I'll definitely remember that. Maybe the Lush bar makes rinsing easier or something? Or it might be slightly acidic...

Natalia
April 24th, 2009, 02:50 AM
Thank you both for the replies! I will keep you updated. I try to wash once a week if im up to it so i will be sure to let ya all know how it goes :). And silverlox good to know about needed to rinse longer, also the main reason we got a new softener was becasue not having one eventually blew out our water heater and seriosuly damaged its efficiency

AmselJoey
April 24th, 2009, 07:33 PM
That's exciting about the soft water! My family is planning on getting one once have the funds and I cannot wait. My hair has been splits galore ever since I moved back home, and back to hard water. :(

MotherConfessor
April 24th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I beg your pardon, but I thought soft water was good and hard water bad... I guess little in life is actually that simple. Sigh

sandigirl
April 24th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Soft water is wonderful for your hair, pipes, clothes etc. My hair is SO hard to detangle if I'm in an area with hard water. You will love the difference.

jera
April 25th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Soft water is good for your hair. But you also need to use less products for washing and rinse a lot longer to get everything out. :flower:

Apart from that, soft water is generally considered very good for household appliances as washers, dishwashers, coffee machines, electric kettles etc. But not necessarily better for human internal use, like drinking. :shrug:

So true Silverlox, soft water is much easier on hair. It keeps it hydrated so you require fewer styling products. Hair doesn't need calcium, floride, and all those other trace minerals and adulterants found in hard water. :( Congrats.

Natalia
April 25th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone :)! I have yet to use the shower but doing laundry was luxurious <3! Its nice not to have to drown things in fabric softener for a change. Only downside i remember to soft water is how slippery the tub gets :p! Cant wait to try it :D

feralnature
April 25th, 2009, 07:29 PM
I had soft water where I went to college. That was a long time ago but I still remember how hard it was to wash out shampoo and conditioner. It took awhile to learn to dilute shampoo and the conditioner before applying...or it would never rinse out and my hair would be flat and lifeless. I guess I was traumatized! My hair actually looks better washed with hard water.