PDA

View Full Version : My New Signature Picture Showing My Perm

AquaViolet1973
April 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM
I finally have a new signature picture of my hair. My husband just took the picture today. It shows the perm I just got yesterday. I love having my hair wavy/curly like this.
By the way, the blonde color is all natural. :)

Kimberly
April 4th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Ooh pretty!

spidermom
April 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM
And I'd trade my wavy/curly hair for your straight 1a/1b any day of the week! Why must we want what we don't have?

Carolyn
April 4th, 2008, 07:40 PM
Your new curls are beautiful!

Delilah
April 4th, 2008, 07:43 PM
Very pretty! And your natural blonde is beautiful.

Riot Crrl
April 4th, 2008, 08:18 PM
It's nice! I'm glad you are not coloring and perming both. Are you going to use CG for your curls now? I think it works whether they are natural or from a process.

AquaViolet1973
April 4th, 2008, 08:20 PM
And I'd trade my wavy/curly hair for your straight 1a/1b any day of the week! Why must we want what we don't have?

I don't know. I've never liked my hair straight and I've been perming it for over 20 years, ever since I was 13 (and I'm nearly 35 now). I've managed to grow my hair long despite the perms I've had. I really love my hair wavy/curly like this.
Perming my hair every year or two is my one hair transgression. I don't color my hair, I never blowdry, I never use a curling iron. I always use a leave in conditioner. I love my hair now. I wasn't loving it before my perm.
It's the same thing as when someone colors their hair. Sometimes we aren't happy with the hair given to us. I see nothing wrong with someone changing their hair so that they like it. :blossom:

coppercurls
April 4th, 2008, 08:23 PM
:)The curls look good on you!

TammySue
April 4th, 2008, 09:03 PM
Very pretty, I love it!
I am always braiding my hair to get that exact look! :)

LisaButz2001
April 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM
I was always told you couldn't have a perm and long hair. The weight would cause the curl not to take. Has technology advanced or was I misinformed?

morningstar
April 4th, 2008, 09:21 PM
It is very pretty...like mermaid hair. When I braid my daughters hair they get that look. When I braid my hair it is just sorta hmmmm bent. I got perms for years to get the look you have now. I have given up and surrendered to my natural straightness. LOL
I love the color of your hair too.

jessie58
April 4th, 2008, 09:26 PM
Well I am very partial to curls, so they look so very pretty to me. You are awfully luck to have such a pretty natural color of hair. Lots of ladies try hard to get that color. Looking good AquaViolet.

Darian Moone
April 4th, 2008, 10:39 PM
Your hair, both your new curls and your natural color, are just beautiful AquaViolet. I'm glad you're happy with the results.

Koala Kim
April 4th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Very pretty. :cloud9:

paper
April 5th, 2008, 02:25 AM
You have very pretty hair. Love the color and curls.

Xandergrammy
April 5th, 2008, 05:53 AM
Very, very pretty! The curls are lovely and your natural color is just gorgeous!

Lamb
April 5th, 2008, 06:35 AM
Wow so this gorgeous blonde color is all natural? :agape:
You have very pretty hair, and I really don't think perming your hair once or twice a year is such a big hair crime. ;) It looks great!

Patrycja
April 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Thats so lovely :love: your hair looks like spun gold by the way :)

missy60
April 5th, 2008, 10:48 AM
It looks great! My mom still gets perms and she never gets damage from them. I think its because her hair is very oily, but Im not sure. She has very fine thin hair to that will not take curl at all. She could wear curlers for days and take them out and it would still go stick straight.

AquaViolet1973
April 5th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Thank you for all the compliments everyone. :blossom: Yes, the blonde is my natural hair color. :)

AquaViolet1973
April 5th, 2008, 04:06 PM
It's nice! I'm glad you are not coloring and perming both. Are you going to use CG for your curls now? I think it works whether they are natural or from a process.

I use a hair pick rather than a brush or comb. I use a leave in conditioner. I only use the hairpick to comb through my hair when it's dry, and I am very gentle with my hair. No blowdrying.

AquaViolet1973
April 5th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I was always told you couldn't have a perm and long hair. The weight would cause the curl not to take. Has technology advanced or was I misinformed?

That has never been a problem for me. I get spiral perms and I have long hair, and the curls always take. :) My perms last for a long time.

zift
April 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM

Oh how I'd love to have 1a/1b hair!!! Hehe I can't stop wanting straight hair I think I got this illness as a curly child. :p

BTW your waves look lovely AquaViolet,I hope you haven't got much damage from the perm. Just baby that lovely head and fill it with moisture;)You have a beautiful natural color too:D