PDA

View Full Version : My Hair had a bad hair day.

Johanna
April 23rd, 2009, 02:32 AM
Things that make you say ew.

My poor hair, it must feel so bad being attached to me. It had a really bad day today, quite gross really.

I've just started a new job, it's just stocking shelves and doing orders at a supermarket (big change from my last job as a graphic designer, but in these tough times gotta take anything you can get).
I often open up boxes to find damaged product, sometimes it can be annoying like flour exploding all over your black pants......today, it just happened to be rotten liquid vegetable stock.

The box was above my head so when I lifted it up and tilted it down to me slightly...all the liquid started spurting out of a hole, straight onto my braid which was hanging over my shoulder. It stank so bad!! I had to go to the bathroom and use the liquid soap on my hair to get the smell away.

Then just to make matters worse, when I went into the toilet cubicle to throw the paper into the toilet (I used toilet paper to clean myself up) I dropped it just as i got near to the bowl, so I bent over to pick it up....which is when my braid decided the toilet bowl was a nice place to go.

Ew.

So now I'm sitting here with freshly cleaned hair and a honey/conditioner treatment sitting in it to make it happy. Hopefully it will resist any more adventures in the future.

Has your hair had a really bad/gross hair day?

I think vomit is probably the grossest thing that I've ever had in my hair. It wasn't my own either :O

Natalia
April 23rd, 2009, 03:11 AM
Awww im so sorry for your terrible day and that your hair experianced it too! Never had anything that bad but i have hoof gunk from rainy days flung back into my hair a few times as well as a little babay vomit but neither of those are all that bad just anoying. I cant think of any more at the moment...

Flynn
April 23rd, 2009, 03:55 AM
Yuk, yuk, yuk.

A habit I got into working in kitchens and now in labs is to tuck my braid safely down the back of my shirt. (If my clothes are too loose, I'll also tuck it under the bra band...)

The grossest thing I've got in my hair is probably actually chocolate mousse. It doesn't sound so bad, but it really is. It topped rancid cooking oil, (yeah, I've done that one, too), and creaming soda (read hot pink) postmix syrup which come in close behind.

SHELIAANN1969
April 23rd, 2009, 08:19 AM
Oh wow, that is an awful encounter, thank goodness you got it all washed and it's clean and happy now. :D

I think I would have had to go home for an hour to wash my hair though, rancid vegetable stock would be too much for me to smell all day long.

:grouphug: for the terrible day you had.

JamieLeigh
April 23rd, 2009, 08:24 AM
Wow. That is a BAD hair day. :( I completely sympathize with you. I hope your honey/conditioner mask made it all better. :)

I think the worst thing that has ever been in my hair is baby poo. I've had a bun to come loose at the worst time before, when changing one of my kids. :rolleyes:

Curlsgirl
April 23rd, 2009, 08:31 AM
I think I would have had to go home for an hour to wash my hair though, rancid vegetable stock would be too much for me to smell all day long.

^^^^^^Ditto this!!! ^^^^^^

embee
April 23rd, 2009, 11:47 AM
Yuk. For sure a Bad Day for Hair! :)

KajiKodomo
April 23rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
Yuck. That sounds horrible! I'm sorry you had such a bad day (or, well, your hair did)!

The worst thing I had in my hair was gum. Someone else's gum. It was horrendous to get out of my hair!

enfys
April 23rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
Why oh why am I reading this as I eat? What a dope. This is gross.

I don't think i've ever had anything gross in my hair, but I get regular food in it all the time. Gravy most often. But since it's fresh I don't mind haha.

SimplyLonghair
April 23rd, 2009, 01:31 PM
Oh Johanna! Stocking is nasty work, I did it at wally world for several years and yup nasty things are lurking for you....

I am sorry you had a hard hair day! :grouphug:

Hopefully things will be better soon and you will be back in your chosen field! :D

Eryka
April 23rd, 2009, 01:49 PM
*Hugs* Yeah that was a bad hair day. My main advice is to learn updos. It minimizes a lot of problems.

My worst was having my period and changing a maxi pad. After I threw it in the trash, my knee length hair decided to live in the trash can. So yeah, you can imagine.

DelynofRhondda
April 23rd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Graphic Artists have special hair perils, too, LOL! Spray mount, rubber cement, benzene, Exacto blades, RapidoGraph pens, India ink, the list goes on. And the pesky presses love to make passes at long hair and get it under the blanket ;).

Glad to know you survived the stock incident. But talk about adding insult to injury with the attack of the toilet bowl! Perhaps your hair wanted an extra rinse? (I say this from a developer/fix incident where I did wash and flush my hair in the toilet to make sure it was rinsed out...)

spidermom
April 23rd, 2009, 01:59 PM
I was picking up doggie-dos in the yard with a plastic bag over my hand. The wind caught my hair and blew it right into the do that I had just picked up. Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

spidermom
April 23rd, 2009, 02:01 PM
Oh, and my python released musk onto me one grouchy (for him) day. It took three shampoo washes to get the snake musk out of my hair, but my hair was so soft and silky afterwards. If not for the smell, I could probably marked that stuff.

susiemw
April 23rd, 2009, 02:02 PM
I am so sorry you had such a bad hair day!

That is just yucky!!

marialena
April 23rd, 2009, 02:58 PM
I feel very sorry for having such a bad day.. :(
I hope you feel better now. ( and your hair too).
Btw your hair are gorgeous. :)

Nes
April 23rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Oh dear poor you!

The worst i've had was just a few weeks ago. My hair has had a growth spurt over the last month, and I was unaware of the implications of this when I went to the toilet. I will spare you the details.

Luckily I was at home and could jump into the shower straight away. Ewww....

Nes x

Anje
April 23rd, 2009, 07:36 PM
Ew. That's not just a bad hair day, that's a bad day.

Hope things go better from here on out.

Roseate
April 23rd, 2009, 09:26 PM
The worst i've had was just a few weeks ago. My hair has had a growth spurt over the last month, and I was unaware of the implications of this when I went to the toilet. I will spare you the details.

Luckily I was at home and could jump into the shower straight away. Ewww....

A close friend comes from a family of three longhaired sisters and one longhaired mom; as kids, mom gave the girls all trims each month to maintain right above TBL. When asked why she picked that length, mom would always say "To avoid interference with bodily functions!". :poop:

(I tried to resist using that smiley, really I did. It couldn't be avoided!:p)

Johanna
April 24th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Thanks for all your comments :)

I kind of think that maybe it was my hair telling me that it wanted some moisture. After I cleaned it and put a honey conditioner soak in it, it's suddenly super silky. Mmm honey scented hair.

I feel bad for you Nes and Eryka, those sound really gross. My hair isn't that long yet but I have to learn to look out for hair getting into bodiy function zones.

Janka
April 24th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Yuk, rancid vegetable stock... topped with toilett... that IS a bad hair day...

The good thing is, you hair is now safe and happy after the extra treatment.

I don't remember having yucky things in my hair, but my poor hubby had one bad hair day:
We were walking down the street together, I was going to a hairdresser. Then, one pigeon had the urgent need to get rid of, ehm, results of its digestion, onto my hubby's head... The good thing was, the hairdresser was just a few meters away so we asked her to wash my hubby's head as well ;)