PDA

View Full Version : Tea Tree oil...

Shanarana
April 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
Does anyone use that? Is is almost the same as jojoba oil? What are the benefits?

AmyJorgensen
April 22nd, 2009, 04:04 PM
Tea tree oil is considered drying IMHO and I use it for acne spot treatment. I would hesitate to put much of that in my hair.

Shanarana
April 22nd, 2009, 04:06 PM
I thought I read somewhere that it was good for hair.....I have a small bottle of it that I haven't used. I wonder if it would be a good skin moisturizer or something.

Euphony
April 22nd, 2009, 04:12 PM
Tea tree oil is an essential oil, jojoba oil is a base oil. Here's some info on tea tree oil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_tree_oil)

It is an astringent as well as antifungal among other things. It is good for the skin, but not for moisturizing.

Shanarana
April 22nd, 2009, 04:14 PM
Tea tree oil is an essential oil, jojoba oil is a base oil. Here's some info on tea tree oil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tea_tree_oil)

It is an astringent as well as antifungal among other things. It is good for the skin, but not for moisturizing.

Thanks for the link.....I guess if I don't want fleas in my hair that would be good to use. :eyebrows:

Twitter
April 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
It is really good for scalp problems, but put a few drops into a carrier oil.

mooglewoo
April 23rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
TTO is an astringent, and has drying properties, which is one of the many reasons it's good for acne. On skin, you should dilute it with an oil, like jojoba, or even water.

For hair, I used it to cure my dandruff, in a mix of nettle, sage and vinegar (diluted with water). It's also good on cuts, scrapes and burns, but again, I use it diluted in jojoba. It's also been reported to repel lice, but I was using it religiously when I got lice and well, I still got lice LOLZ So YMMV.

Nastacia
April 23rd, 2009, 10:16 AM
Thats very interesting, I didn't think TTO is used for hair :O
For skin I use a daily wash (with TTO extracts ) and with that I put some aloe serum for moisturising, it does dry skin quite a bit.