PDA

View Full Version : Celebrity hair?

whiteisle
April 21st, 2009, 08:43 PM
Whenever I see celebs with long hair (real long hair - not extentions) they of course have the "Pantene" look. I seriously doubt they are heat-styling free and I'm sure they break all kinds of "gentle hair care" rules yet their hair seems to always be the picture of health. And they maintain or continue to grow the length. What gives? :confused:

Tangles
April 21st, 2009, 08:45 PM
Good genes, expensive treatments, and extensions, or combination thereof.

It's funny, but my tastes have changed, to the extent where celebrity hair looks way too slick and polished for my liking.

Katurday
April 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM
I'm sure with a team of hairstylists spraying us with shine spray, blowdrying, and pulling at our hair, we could have the look as well.
Most of the long haired actresses have hair to about mid back (and I've noticed that signs of heat damage and poor handling show about after that point) and many have extensions.
However, some are unbelievably hair kind. I've read somewhere that Catherine Zeta Jones only washes her hair once per week.

misspriss
April 21st, 2009, 09:17 PM
I've actually mentioned this before on the boards, a lot of celebrities don't wash their hair often. This gives it shine.

They have a lot of people working on their hair, and endless time to do it.

RancheroTheBee
April 21st, 2009, 09:38 PM
Once in a while, you will see a picture of a celebrity pop up where they are losing chunks of hair (Kate Beckinsale, Fergie, etc). Also, most of the images that are released with permission from their publicists have been photoshopped, even the candids.

Flynn
April 21st, 2009, 11:17 PM
A team of hair artists on call for whenever they need to appear in front of a camera. Catch 'em on a sunday morning in their jammies and slippers, and they probably have a birds-nest worse than any of ours XD

Rapunzal2Be
April 22nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
I think for the most part they've got extensions.

jivete
April 22nd, 2009, 07:41 AM
I was watching Fringe last night and I think Anna Torv always has lovely, healthy looking hair. It's not super long, but it looks great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anna_Torv

JamieLeigh
April 22nd, 2009, 09:49 AM
Most of the time, when you see celebrities, they DO have extensions....and that includes the ones who have it long in real life. Extensions photograph better, and you can tease them out to get extraordinary volume. A good stylist will put extensions in BEFORE the mega hair-care begins and leave the bulk of the REAL hair alone against their clients' heads. The poor souls who do not do this are usually the ones you see sporting the cute bob cuts a week or two later. So those candid photos of celebs in the grocery store with messy ponytails? That's real. Red carpet? Nuh-uh, not usually.

The image that Hollywood puts forth is extremely unreal, but thank goodness for LHC - we can work towards super-star hair the right and natural way!! :D

Jessclewlow
April 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
i heard that alot of the time when you see a celeb with an amazing new hairdoo... its a wig! whilst they give their own hair a break or chance to grow....

hmmm now theres a good idea ;)

marialena
April 22nd, 2009, 10:20 AM
Whenever I see celebs with long hair (real long hair - not extentions) they of course have the "Pantene" look. I seriously doubt they are heat-styling free and I'm sure they break all kinds of "gentle hair care" rules yet their hair seems to always be the picture of health. And they maintain or continue to grow the length. What gives? :confused:

Good photo retouching..

marialena
April 22nd, 2009, 10:24 AM
A team of hair artists on call for whenever they need to appear in front of a camera. Catch 'em on a sunday morning in their jammies and slippers, and they probably have a birds-nest worse than any of ours XD

You are right Flynn. :applause :lol: :lol:

enfys
April 22nd, 2009, 11:28 AM
Ah Catherine Zeta Jones. Oggy oggy oggy! Her hair looked better in the past. As did her eyes imo.

I don't think their hair is done up like in photoshoots all that often.

A lot of tv series that are shown every day on tv will be filmed in one day, gameshows etc. So while Carol Vorderman had nice hair every day on Countdown, it was only styled Monday when the weeks episodes were filmed. So even people who always look good probably aren't styled as often as we think, so their hair isn't tormented as often and it appears to be.

rhubarbarin
April 22nd, 2009, 12:36 PM
Almost every celebrity with long hair has extensions. Plus for events, a styling team with an arsenal of products.

If you are rich you can buy extensions made of human hair and they will be fairly indistinguishable from your own.

jera
April 22nd, 2009, 03:13 PM
I agree with everyone else. The answer is extensions. And they will pay for it in the future when their hair falls out from all that braiding or gluing. :(

For myself, I've yet to see a celebrity whose hair I truly envy. I now like wavy more natural looking hair, even with spirals or fairy tale ends. And since my goal is knee length hair, I'd just like to see even one celebrity who can achieve that !! :D

Roseate
April 22nd, 2009, 03:18 PM
Good lighting, plenty of silicone-laden shine products, and plenty of Photoshop.

I've seen it done, and it's sure not like they walk in the studio looking like that!

Copasetic
April 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
3-4 hours of hair and make up would make anyone look like the picture of health :P
And like others said, long-haired celebs have hair extensions for the most part, and if their hair is real, its not as though they are undergoing massive heat styling every day. Heat styling would mostly be for events, and the rest of the time they could leave their hair alone.

marialena
April 22nd, 2009, 06:04 PM
Ah Catherine Zeta Jones. Oggy oggy oggy! Her hair looked better in the past. As did her eyes imo.

I don't think their hair is done up like in photoshoots all that often.

A lot of tv series that are shown every day on tv will be filmed in one day, gameshows etc. So while Carol Vorderman had nice hair every day on Countdown, it was only styled Monday when the weeks episodes were filmed. So even people who always look good probably aren't styled as often as we think, so their hair isn't tormented as often and it appears to be.

As far as I know, in many every day shows, actresses use wigs in order to look nice and protect their natural hair from damage. I know that because I have a friend who is actress and has a whole collection of wigs in her house. And not the synthetic ones but those made from human hair which if you wear them look like real hair.

NeilTheFuzz
April 22nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
If celebrity hair looks excellent all the time it's probablydown to a few things. 1. It's not real. 2. Photos are retouched. 3. They get access to really expensive hair care.

Celebritys don't always look perfect. I have seen those "ring of truth" things in DGFs magazines, they are awfu. Some celebrity hair looks very unhealthy and very often thin. It must take a battering from all the styling it gets.

tsenglish@ns.sy
April 22nd, 2009, 06:49 PM
Celebrities have their pick of top lines & top stylists. I am certain some of them take excellent care of their hair. There are also hairpieces that are similar to extension, real human hair that clip under your hair, no gluing or sewing... no damage. A lot of them probably do this to add volume or length when going out somewhere special, but not all, and not on a daily basis.

jupiterjuniper
April 22nd, 2009, 08:37 PM
It's funny, I was just thinking about this when watching Dancing with the Stars, and how their hair always looks so fabulous in those intricate poufy do's. But, when they actually do a close-up, you can see their frizz and flyaways and dry, dry ends!