PDA

View Full Version : Canadians, where do you buy your aloe gel?

FrannyG
April 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM
The aloe vera gel that I've been using is from Trader Joe's in the State, and I really like it. I'm running out and I need to find some good aloe gel to use in SMT's and in my mister.

What brand of AVG do you other Canadians find is really good?

Riot Crrl
April 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
I'm not in Canada (only a couple hours away though, lol) but do they not have it in the vitamin section at the pharmacy? Do you mean like the kind that is meant to be drunk or the kind that is meant to be put on a sunburn? (I put both of these in my hair for different reasons, haha.)

jessie58
April 4th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Franny, I use Lily of the Desert which I can find in any health food store here out west.

The drugstore ones that are for sunburns usually have other ingredients in them and are not suited for hair mixtures.

Riot Crrl
April 4th, 2008, 03:24 PM
The drugstore ones that are for sunburns usually have other ingredients in them and are not suited for hair mixtures.

Agreed, for that kind I go to a health food store so that it's reasonably free of alcohols and other additives. And not electric blue. But the drinkable type I just get at the drugstore.

Delilah
April 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM
I use Fruit of the Earth from Wal-mart.

longinthehair
April 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Me too - Fruit of the Earth from Walmart.

naomimcc
April 4th, 2008, 07:44 PM
me three :D

MeMyselfandI
April 4th, 2008, 09:01 PM
I use Fruit of the Earth from Wal-mart.

Me four.

Me four.

GlassEyes
April 4th, 2008, 09:16 PM
Me four.

Me four.

Not in Canada, but me five.

Nadezhda
April 4th, 2008, 11:49 PM
You can get aloe gel at any health food store, and I've seen it in the asain food aisle at the superstore here.

Kittybe
April 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I just ordered some from K&W Specialties. They're a soap-making supply company in Ontario with a website that lists all their products. It's quite liquid, I think because they don't add thickeners. I've also used one from Bella Pella, a store based in Montreal but which has a website and online ordering. Their aloe is thick and quite nice.

I just checked the Bella Pella site and they don't list the raw ingredients they sell in one of their stores, on the website. Maybe it's special order?

FrannyG
April 10th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies. Sorry for my tardy response. Jessie58, that was the problem I was running into--so many of the aloe gels I've found are the ones that have ingredients for sunburn. My local health food store only had the type made for ingestion, which had a starch in it, so that wasn't suitable. I think they were just out of the pure gel.

I'll be heading to Walmart for sure. Thanks again, everyone. :flowers:

Gaelic Girl
April 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
The Big Carrot on the Danforth, in Toronto has everything..and what it does not have, it will order. They have a pure aloe vera with no additives or colour. I don't recall the name..sorry. Good luck! :)