PDA

View Full Version : Viewing Albums

ccaswick
April 21st, 2009, 09:26 AM
Fairly new here, been lurking and trying to access the Albums -- can anyone tell me why I'm unable to view any of them?

Thanks, looking forward to learning a lot.

Caye in Chicago:waving:

swirlytresses
April 21st, 2009, 09:35 AM
Welcome! Once you have 25+ posts, you should be able to see the albums. I hope this helps you.

CindyLea1
April 21st, 2009, 09:54 AM
Check out this one. It is the very first sticky at the top of the newbie forum. I missed it too!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=1657

ccaswick
April 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
That explains it, thank you!

OK, I'm up to a whopping 2 posts!!!
:D

CindyLea1
April 21st, 2009, 10:27 AM
I'm not sure but I think they have to be on the "mane forum". Sort of a get to know a bit about you sorta thing. You'll see you post count under your avatar go up.

Shanarana
April 21st, 2009, 11:07 AM
They also need to be quality posts and not just simple statements. It's up to the Mods to determine if posts count towards your number. :)
I have seen many people get up to 25 posts and still not get privileges until they feel they know you a bit.

Welcome to TLHC.

Anje
April 21st, 2009, 01:10 PM
Hi and welcome! As others have said, you typically need 25+ "quality" posts, and it seems to me like the posts in here don't count. There are reasons for this, largely dealing with privacy for members and allowing the mods to boot out people who are here to gawk (or worse) rather than take a personal interest in the main subject of having/growing/caring for long hair.

I know it can be frustrating, especially if you want to look for styles. But just read and post, ask lots of questions, etc. You'll get there before you know it.

Carolyn
April 21st, 2009, 08:01 PM
Posts on the Newbie board don't count (game and quizzes also) I thought i'd mention that some albums are private and some are public. When you reach 25 quality posts and get mod approval, you'll be able to see the public albums. You have to be friends/contacts with ( not sure which it is) someone to see private albums. So post away and get chatty. Let people get to know you.

mira-chan
April 21st, 2009, 08:46 PM
Posts on the Newbie board don't count (game and quizzes also) I thought i'd mention that some albums are private and some are public. When you reach 25 quality posts and get mod approval, you'll be able to see the public albums. You have to be friends/contacts with ( not sure which it is) someone to see private albums. So post away and get chatty. Let people get to know you.
You have to be friends. If you make someone a contact, they can see your private albums but you can't see theirs.

jupiterjuniper
April 22nd, 2009, 12:37 PM
Ah I had been wondering. I've been mostly lurky for over a year now, but still no albums and no blogs. I guess I gotsta speak up.

Carolyn
April 22nd, 2009, 03:22 PM
You have to be friends. If you make someone a contact, they can see your private albums but you can't see theirs.Thanks
mira-chan! :flowers: I have the darndest time remembering which way it is. Maybe I'll think of it as friendship works both ways.

cakedcake
April 22nd, 2009, 04:34 PM
I'm glad you asked because I didn't know either!

Haha, I can't even view my own profile. TOP SECRET.

Rosepatrice
April 23rd, 2009, 02:55 PM
Ha! I didn't know this, eaither! Thanks for asking.