PDA

View Full Version : CO & Cones plus another question...

whiteisle
April 20th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I like CO because it is so much gentler on my hair than using shampoo - I wash every day to every other day - but I think I'm having to face facts that my hair likes cones and isn't happy without them. It feels rougher and the tangles are ridiculous.
So would it be better to CO with a non-cone condish and then follow with a coney one or to just CO strictly with a coney condish? (And I'm ok with having to clarify perhaps once week or every two weeks to help with the build-up.)

My other question is about brushing.......it seems when I use my comb (its a wooden seamless one) on dry hair and there are tangles everywhere I'm always hearing a snap here or there no matter how careful I am but when I use my BBB first there doesn't seem to be as much, if any, of that awful snapping sound. It seems like there are a lot of advocates for combing vs brushing but I feel like the comb is doing more damage on my hair than my boar brush. Should I have any concerns about using a BBB vs. a comb?

Thanks!:)

CindyLea1
April 20th, 2009, 07:11 PM
My suggestions, Try CO with your normal stuff, and use a coney detangler, leave in? I LOVE Tresseme brand antibreakage detangler spray! It is really light but gives good slip when combing out my hair.

Try combing your hair when wet and use the BBB to smooth it after it has dried? I HATE BBB they kill my hair so I'm not much help there sorry.

whiteisle
April 20th, 2009, 07:21 PM
Thanks! I've never seen the Tresemme leave-in - I'll look harder next time I visit the store.

The only thing I can tell the BBB does "negatively" to my hair is that it makes it poofy. :p But then I'm able to finger comb it and it looks fine. ;)

Buddaphlyy
April 20th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I co wash with a coney conditioner, but I also use shampoo once a week, so I don't know if that helps, but it does work for me. I love my BBB, but not as much as my wide tooth comb. For me, it's about balance and my hair likes to be combed wet but brushed dry, so try either way and see how it works for you.

whiteisle
April 20th, 2009, 07:36 PM
I co wash with a coney conditioner, but I also use shampoo once a week, so I don't know if that helps, but it does work for me. I love my BBB, but not as much as my wide tooth comb. For me, it's about balance and my hair likes to be combed wet but brushed dry, so try either way and see how it works for you.

Glad to hear you can use a coney condish with CO successfully. :)

And that's exactly how my hair seems to be with the combing and brushing.....comb wet, brush dry, happy hair.

chrissy-b
April 20th, 2009, 10:58 PM
I can brush with my BBB and I don't hear any snapping or breaking either. But if I comb shortly after, there are tangles. In my experience, it seems that the BBB just doesn't get all the tangles out that a comb can. Maybe just try to be more careful when you comb. I usually comb until I hit a knot and then I untangle the knot with my fingers before trying to get the comb through again.