PDA

View Full Version : help! fluffy frizzy morning hair

squiggyflop
April 4th, 2008, 02:40 PM
ok so ive been doing the hair up challenge and so ive been wearing my hair up at night too....
when i wear a bun i end up with gaint hair thats frizzy and awfull looking when i take it down in the morning (just to put it back up but at some point i want to leave my hair down)
if i wear braids i end up with awfull looking frizzy puffy....
when i end my hair up x-days challenge i want to start weraring my hair up to sleep but if i wear my hair up to sleep i cant wear it down during the day... is there a way to combat the puff ball that my hair becomes after sleeping with it up or in a braid...
ps the fluffyer my hair gets the worse it is to detangle which leads to breakage and more fluffy puffyness
i really dont like my hair to be wavyer than it naturally is
help!

lora410
April 4th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I suggest wearing it down at night, slight oiling before you put it up, or trying a satin sleep cap.

girlcat36
April 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Sleeping on a silk pillowcase leaves my hair less frizzy than when i went to bed.

squiggyflop
April 4th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I suggest wearing it down at night, slight oiling before you put it up, or trying a satin sleep cap.
im at a length where its getting hard to leave it down at night because of breakage and tangles... my hair doesnt like oil... occasionally ill use a drop of camellia on my hair but only right after washing... where do i get a satin sleeping cap and will it stay on all night concidering i move alot... alot of the time i wake up upside down or sideways on my bed and sometimes i even fall out of bed at night and wake up on the floor (i have put cushons there after i fell out of bed and dislocated my shoulder once)

Sleeping on a silk pillowcase leaves my hair less frizzy than when i went to bed.
ive got satin pillowcases that i dont really use because they are not silk and cause me to break out... i saw a silk dress at my local goodwill thats dieing to become a pillowcase if only i could get up the 9.99$ to buy it... i move so much when i sleep that half the time i dont use a pillow all night... it just gets in the way of me sleeping on my stomach to have my head on a pillow...

ChloeDharma
April 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I know what you mean, my hair looks awful after being in a braid and mostly after being bunned. One thing i found helped was to take my hair down and mist it till it's kinda wet, give it a good comb and let it dry loose.

cutastrophe
April 4th, 2008, 05:18 PM
I'd definately suggest the sleep cap, it worked for me. I have wavy hair and was having the same issue until I got one.

Nat242
April 4th, 2008, 05:55 PM
My hair falls out of braids and buns when I sleep, but I still find I get fewer tangles if I put my hair up than if I leave it loose.

A satin or silk pillowcase helps me. Probably the best bedtime style for me is a huge, untwisted cinna-bun on the top of my head, held with a scrunchie or cloth hair-band. It becomes looser during the night, and shorter hairs work their way out, and it looks *awful* when I wake up!!! - but it keeps most of the length tangle free.

Hope that helps :flowers:

-- Natalie

ETA: what about that caterpillar (?) hair style, where you do a ponytail or pig tails and bind it several times down the length with additional hair ties? Just a thought.

ETA2: I find, with the untwisted cinnabun, I don't get the bun-waves I get with a twisted cinnabun...as you don't want to disturb your natural wave pattern (which is gorgeous), how about trying that?

squiggyflop
April 5th, 2008, 12:18 PM
I know what you mean, my hair looks awful after being in a braid and mostly after being bunned. One thing i found helped was to take my hair down and mist it till it's kinda wet, give it a good comb and let it dry loose.
hmmm misting sounds like a good idea... i didnt even think of that...

ETA: what about that caterpillar (?) hair style, where you do a ponytail or pig tails and bind it several times down the length with additional hair ties? Just a thought.

ETA2: I find, with the untwisted cinnabun, I don't get the bun-waves I get with a twisted cinnabun...as you don't want to disturb your natural wave pattern (which is gorgeous), how about trying that?
the caterpiller style sounds like it would be good... i cant get untwisted buns to stay up... how do you do it?