PDA

View Full Version : Inspiration Of The Week Award

jojo
April 20th, 2009, 05:02 PM
I thought id start a thread to which we could nominate the most inspirational story we have read. The person you nominate doesn't have to have floor length hair, it could a newly growing out potential long hair who has say given up straighteners or blow fryers, anything which made you think proudly of them and they have influenced your way of thinking and really made you think, I really can do it.

Its not a thread of who has grown the quickest as its not a competition but more a way of saying 'well done you' for making sacrifices however small.

I think this will be a great way to encourage each other in those times, which lets face it we meet every now and again where we feel like throwing the towel in and making rash choices.

I will go first; my nomination for this weeks award goes to Cindylea1. Even though her hair was cut from classic to BSL in a devious manner, I think her hair is looking fantastic, I love the thickness and I think she has made a massive sacrifice for the health of her hair. What has it changed with me? well I will have no problem making a similar trimming the future, if it meant my hair looking healthy, which overall makes me more relaxed about my hair.

please share what person encouraged and made you think differently.

I also have to say I have read loads of progress pictures and posts from all different lengths which have encouraged me in some way or the other, so I dont wish others to think I dont thnk much of there posts, itsthanks to you all I managed to get this far!

Get sharing!!!

Tangles
April 20th, 2009, 05:05 PM
What a lovely idea!

I nominate you, Jojo. Your story shows me that picky 2a hair can thrive and be tamed if given a lot of moisture, microtrimmings, and time.

jojo
April 20th, 2009, 05:08 PM
Thank you tangles its nice to find somebody with the same hair type and swap tips and I am very pleased my advice has been of value. I wasn't fishing for compliments but I am honoured to be in your list.
Thank you x

SheWolf
April 20th, 2009, 05:22 PM
I'm new here but already I love looking at Spidermom's avatar, that silver mane is to die for. Maybe I will grow myself a brand spanking new set of guts someday and go natural... :)

whiteisle
April 20th, 2009, 07:33 PM
I'll second Cindylea1 for nomination. :) I just read her story and Wow! that took guts and commitment to loose that much length for the sake of healthier hair. Very inspiring indeed! :toast:

CindyLea1
April 20th, 2009, 07:47 PM
:grouphug:HEHE You folks are too Sweet!:grouphug:

Now I'd nominate Jojo also, for making my month! You just did more repair to my self esteem, in 2 minutes than anything.

jojo
April 21st, 2009, 08:30 PM
I'm new here but already I love looking at Spidermom's avatar, that silver mane is to die for. Maybe I will grow myself a brand spanking new set of guts someday and go natural... :)
I also agree with this one, she has camelion hair for sure, the differences in colour always amazes me and she is a fast grower too.

jojo
April 21st, 2009, 08:37 PM
:grouphug:HEHE You folks are too Sweet!:grouphug:

Now I'd nominate Jojo also, for making my month! You just did more repair to my self esteem, in 2 minutes than anything.
Your hair is beautiful, so what if its a bit shorter, its a lot thicker and it really has got me thinking, that healthy looking hair is worth a trim even if it is a good inch or two, if i ever got damage in the future, id cut it back in a heartbeat to get such dramatic changes, in a round about way, your sister did you a huge favour and me too for that matter, my motto from now on is big sacrifices=huge rewards!
Thanks for the nomination but really there are more on here more worthy for encouraging words, i mean every word i say. x

Jessclewlow
April 22nd, 2009, 06:54 AM
ok.... urm.. well theres a number of people on here that im currently inspired by... but two that stick in my mind are spidermom and sheliaan1969 - their hair is just stunning and i love their pics ( even if i have a bit of envy ha ha)