PDA

View Full Version : One Year Anniversary - pictures

1MegMeg
April 19th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I can't remember the exact day I joined, but I know it was during the second half of April 2008. I can't believe it's been a year already! I have learned so much from LHC and my hair is much happier because of it! Here are some photos. I didn't take an "official" photo until June 2008.....Sorry some of the photos are blurry, it's hard to get my camera to focus when I am trying to point it at the back of my head in the mirror, hold it still, aim at my hair and not the counter, etc. hehe

June 2008
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1223&pictureid=14478

September 2008
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1223&pictureid=21834

January 2009
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1223&pictureid=37241

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1223&pictureid=37242

April 19, 2009 - freshly washed and combed while drying.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1223&pictureid=37243

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1223&pictureid=37244

My BF took the last picture. :) Honestly, I had no idea my hair had gotten this long. I mean, I knew it was getting long, but wow, it's pretty darn long considering I started this adventure at shoulder length in July 2007! The last picture makes me love my hair all over again.

Thank you for looking!

NeilTheFuzz
April 19th, 2009, 06:03 PM
Wow, your hair looks really great! I wish my hair would grow as fast as yours over the space of a year. Very pretty *ducks under bf's punch* :run: I hope you have just as much success in the future. :)

AnnaMarie
April 19th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Congratulations your hair looks amazing, its such a gorgeous colour too :)

Jessica Trapp
April 19th, 2009, 06:17 PM
WOW! Your hair looks shiny. Thanks for posting the pics!

Tangles
April 19th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Very, very nice. I love the U hemline.

melrose1985
April 19th, 2009, 06:25 PM
congrats!!!!! looks great!!!

kam984420
April 19th, 2009, 06:29 PM
You've got some awesome growth! Congrats!

patience
April 19th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Happy Anniversary!
I love how shiny your hair is.

Paliele
April 19th, 2009, 06:42 PM
Very pretty--I'm impressed!

Maelyssa
April 19th, 2009, 06:55 PM
Beautiful growth for your first anniversary here at LHC. Here's to another year of healthy growth!!!

Tressie
April 20th, 2009, 08:54 AM
Your hair has really grown and it looks so shiny and healthy! Good work!! Congratulations!! (o:

JamieLeigh
April 20th, 2009, 08:57 AM
You can definitely tell it's grown from your photos. Gorgeous, healthy-looking hair!! And happy anniversary! :flower:

(You can look on your profile page in the top right hand corner and see the exact date, I think. It shows mine!)

KajiKodomo
April 20th, 2009, 09:03 AM
Congrats! :D

Pixna
April 20th, 2009, 09:53 AM
AWESOME!!! Your hair is gorgeous, and I envy your progress!!!

DavidN
April 20th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Congratulations to you, 1MegMeg, on your 1 year LHC anniversary!

You are blessed with shiny and healthy hair, and the colour is outstanding. You have come a long ways since you joined!

Aditi
April 20th, 2009, 10:53 AM
Congratulations on the splendid hair progress dear.

feralnature
April 20th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I am very impressed by the growth and thickness of your hair. Wonderful!

Peregrine
April 20th, 2009, 11:30 AM
Congratulations on your length and your one year anniversary. Your hair looks beautiful.

DarkChocolate
April 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
You have had some great growth:)
Your hair is very pretty:)

Gypsygirl
April 20th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!

BlndeInDisguise
April 20th, 2009, 11:47 AM
That's some awesome growth! :) And some gorgeous hair!

You joined April 13th--you can look on the right hand side of your profile and it says what day you joined. ;)

Ryanne
April 20th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Congratulations! Very shiny.

LutraLutra
April 20th, 2009, 12:42 PM
Great gowth and pretty waves too. Yay for you :cheer:

HeatherMae
April 20th, 2009, 07:59 PM
WOW! Your hair is beautiful! I love the color and the shine! You have made great progress this last year. Happy Anniversary!! :)

paper
April 21st, 2009, 06:52 AM
You have very pretty hair. Nice growth and progress pictures!

Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

whiteisle
April 21st, 2009, 08:41 AM
Stunning! I hope my hair is as beautiful as yours when it gets that long! :)

GlassEyes
April 21st, 2009, 08:48 AM
Very pretty, and congrats! : D

But are you really a i/ii? I find that really hard to believe. o-o Visually speaking, you look like you have more hair than I do. xD; Though that's hard to go by.

Morningglory
April 21st, 2009, 09:16 AM
:flower: Congratulations on your year of growth! Your hair does look very pretty and healthy and long.

:confused: So, the questions are: Did you trim, if so how much?:confused: What did you learn from the TLHC that you think helped make your hair so happy now?:p

You did a wonderful job, it looks very beautiful. (I think it looks thicker than i/ii too!);)

1MegMeg
April 22nd, 2009, 08:06 AM
Thank you all for the nice comments about my hair! :)

Very pretty, and congrats! : D

But are you really a i/ii? I find that really hard to believe. o-o Visually speaking, you look like you have more hair than I do. xD; Though that's hard to go by.

Hehe, it's definitely an optical illusion! I am very happy it looks like I have a lot of hair, but I really don't. My hair is fine and thin and my ponytail circumference is *small*!

Congratulations on your year of growth! Your hair does look very pretty and healthy and long.

So, the questions are: Did you trim, if so how much? What did you learn from the TLHC that you think helped make your hair so happy now?

You did a wonderful job, it looks very beautiful. (I think it looks thicker than i/ii too!)

I trimmed a half inch in September 2008 and a half inch again in January 2009.

When I found LHC I was using silicone shampoo, conditioner, and styling products, and heat styling my hair a couple times a week. Now I use no silicone (It just creates *way* too much build-up on my fine hair), wash twice per week, and heat style on average every 2 months (a special outing, etc.). I tried shampoo bars for a while, but the water here is very hard and even with ACV rinses, etc. they shampoo bars created too much build-up.

So now I wash with a regular/cheap SLS/ALS shampoo and use a heavier conditioner on the length (Humectress, Aubrey Organics), and a cheap (VO5, Suave) conditioner on the rest. Every once in a while I will just CO with VO5. I use coconut oil after, when my hair is still wet and sometimes I will use it on the ends of my hair between washing.

janeytilllie
April 22nd, 2009, 12:05 PM
Your hair is very beautiful and congratulations on the growth :)

Happy Anniversary :flower:

Morningglory
April 22nd, 2009, 11:40 PM
:) Thanks for answering my questions! That is good to know, good information.

Your hair does looks so beautiful!