PDA

View Full Version : Biotin dose

windinherhair
April 19th, 2009, 04:25 PM
I searched the forums and read that many are taking Biotin here. Is everyone taking the recommended one tablet daily (1,000 mcg)? Or have some of you increased that over time? I wouldn't mind to know what has worked for some other people. I just started taking my Biotin today! :-)

Forever_Sophie
April 19th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I sometimes take a hair pill (3/day) that, in that dose, has 2000mcg/day. Works for me :) Good luck!

JamieLeigh
April 20th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Mine is part of the Hair, Skin & Nails Formula and it contains 3000mcg of biotin. A lot of people experience acne problems from taking increased amounts of biotin, so I would definitely watch out for that if you decide to move up the ladder a bit. It hasn't affected me in this way, however. I've never had trouble with it. :)

Chamy
April 22nd, 2009, 06:49 AM
I take hair, skin and nail vitamins from sweden with 150μg Biotin, how much is that, i dont know that sign, :p. But it says that it is 100% of RDI.
Can anyone explan this to me please? :o

morguebabe
April 22nd, 2009, 08:34 AM
150μg Biotin is 150 micrograms. It's smaller than a milligram. 150 micrograms is the same as 0.15milligrams

Chamy
April 22nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
150μg Biotin is 150 micrograms. It's smaller than a milligram. 150 micrograms is the same as 0.15milligrams

Okey, now i understand. Thank you! Wow, you guys take so much higher doses than you can get a hold of i sweden, all the pills have at the most, 150 mcg, i guess you wont get any effect from that. :(

princess
April 22nd, 2009, 10:25 AM
What is biotin and why do people take it? Is it a prescription drug?

morguebabe
April 22nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Biotin Is featured in this routine (http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-220.html)
google search of biotin (http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GGLF_enUS317US212&q=biotin)

enfys
April 22nd, 2009, 04:10 PM
Okey, now i understand. Thank you! Wow, you guys take so much higher doses than you can get a hold of i sweden, all the pills have at the most, 150 mcg, i guess you wont get any effect from that. :(

What you asked is just what I wanted to find out.

And what you've just realised is the same as what I've realised.

We may as well save our money I suppose. I didn't realise the difference was so huge.

CindyLea1
April 22nd, 2009, 06:21 PM
Ladies? Is it possible to get a biotin only supplement.

I was in walmart and all the premixed all in ones had very minimal biotin but loads of other vitamins I need anyway. Right next to the multivitamins is a small area of individual supplements like Vitamin C only. This is where I found my biotin, to add to my regular multi-vitamin.

Could you ladies find such a thing online, or at you health food store, or maybe next to the multivitamins in your shops?

littlemiss
April 22nd, 2009, 06:31 PM
I take biotin on it own it has 300mcg in it and I'm not increasing the dose as before it has effected me with acne, but I still believe I'm getting benefiting from take this small amount daily :smile:

Hairtada
April 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM
I take a 1000mcg pill that I buy at Supersupplements.It is from CountryLife and is vegan.They also have a 5000mcg one. All together I take 3200mcg a day.The hair vitamins I take have 1200mcg in them and I take two of the 1000mcg pills.Not sure it is doing any good but at least I am not getting any skin issues frrom it.

feralnature
April 22nd, 2009, 09:16 PM
I take 5,000 mcg every day and have since January. My hair has really grown like crazy. Much faster than it did last year. I had a few pimples at first but changed to St. Ive's Apricot Scrub and bare Escentuals Mineral Make up a few weeks later and now my skin is nice again. I thinking changing to the the exfoliant scrub and the mineral make up helped and it seems the biotin does not break me out now. I will keep taking it because my hair really is growing.

Magicknthenight
April 22nd, 2009, 10:26 PM

I was in walmart and all the premixed all in ones had very minimal biotin but loads of other vitamins I need anyway. Right next to the multivitamins is a small area of individual supplements like Vitamin C only. This is where I found my biotin, to add to my regular multi-vitamin.

Could you ladies find such a thing online, or at you health food store, or maybe next to the multivitamins in your shops?
Hair skin and nails has a bigger amount of biotin in it. I was at target not too long ago and saw one that was only Biotin. You could always try there. Don't all targets have the same things?
hope that helps :)

enfys
April 23rd, 2009, 04:00 AM
So is 1000µg the same as 1000mcg?

So we are on the same sort of doses?

Sorry I'm struggling with the symbols.

Fencai
April 23rd, 2009, 06:26 AM

I buy mine at Target and pay about $1.97 for a bottle. Its super cheap there!

I take 1 pill/1000mg per day. However, I think I may up that and take two.

However, I do go through the acne thing with it, but it seems to only happen if I stop taking it and then start again. So it tapers off once my body adjusts to it, and I dont do anything special for my skin, other than my usual face wash.

Chamy
April 23rd, 2009, 06:32 AM
What you asked is just what I wanted to find out.

And what you've just realised is the same as what I've realised.

We may as well save our money I suppose. I didn't realise the difference was so huge.

Right? I dont get why the dosage is so small, if you have to take 1000-2000 mcg every day to get a result, why put 150 mcg in a daily dosage. I need a new hairvitamin :p Haha