PDA

View Full Version : I missed my anniversary! (pics)

Periwinkle
April 19th, 2009, 07:01 AM
My 1 year anniversary was on the 3rd and I missed it, so here's a somewhat late anniversary thread.

Here's the very first length shot I took, from May 08. I'd just got up and my hair was uncombed: I decided to break my brush addiction by forgoing any combing/brushing for a week. I managed it, which really amazed me. I've experiments more with not combing since then, and while it works okay for me, I do use a wooden comb because it's just so much quicker. This picture is a terrible representation of my colour - believe it or not, that's supposed to be a brown shirt...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1990&pictureid=23959

Here's my hair today, mostly dry from my wash this morning and combed out:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1990&pictureid=37212

You can't see the length too well there, so here's the same shot lightened to make the ends easier to see:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1990&pictureid=37211

I haven't gained masses in length over the last year, but I know I'd be past waist if I hadn't trimmed so much to remove my layers (which were heavy and plentiful). There's still a little bit of layering left at the bottom but it's barely anything (and uneven, so it's not as noticeable) and I'm okay with leaving it there until it gets trimmed off in regular trimming. I've also had a sideswept fringe cut, which I love to bits.

I've stuck mostly with the same routine as I did pre-LHC, which was S/C once or twice a week, but I now only shampoo my scalp and leave the conditioner on as I would for a CO wash (I really liked CO, but my scalp didn't, so I'm sticking with shampoo now but thinking of alternating). I also don't rip through it with a brush when it's wet and I very rarely wear it in a ponytail any more, which I used to do 24/7. I've also discovered the joys of coconut oil - hooray!

I'm not planning to trim any more for a good while - hopefully until I reach waist length. I've been stuck at BSL/BSL+ for so long now because of trimming and I am more than ready to get away from this length.

Here's to another year's growing! :cheese:

Deimos
April 19th, 2009, 07:24 AM
Your hair looks great and you seem to be very close to waist!

littlemiss
April 19th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Wow you hair looks so thick and lovely Congratulations on having beautiful hair and being here for a year!! :flowers:

myotislucifugus
April 19th, 2009, 08:04 AM
Your hair is so beautiful! I love the shine and it is so thick! So pretty...:)

paper
April 19th, 2009, 08:08 AM
Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

Your hair is so pretty! Congrats on reaching your goal!

chrissy-b
April 19th, 2009, 02:08 PM
Your hair is so beautiful! Happy anniversary! :)

Eryka
April 19th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Very pretty hair! And I know how you feel about needing to break the brushign addiction. For most of my life I've ripped through my hair with a paddle brush. Its only recently that I've found combing and I'm kicking myself for not doing it earlier.

patience
April 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM
Happy Anniversary! Very pretty and healthy hair growth.

kam984420
April 19th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Happy Anniversary Periwinkle! Your hair is really healthy!

Johanna64
April 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Congratulations,your hair is beautiful!
It's very thick and healthy :)

JamieLeigh
April 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM
It looks beautiful! Congratulations on your anniversary, and on your growth! :flower:

KajiKodomo
April 20th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks beautiful! :D

DarkChocolate
April 20th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Happy Anniversary!
Your hair is thick and wonderful:) I love the waves and the color:)

Gypsygirl
April 20th, 2009, 11:43 AM
I love your waves! I have to braid my hair or use rods to get it to look like that. :o

feralnature
April 20th, 2009, 11:48 AM
Your hair is glorious!

It seems everyone's hair has been growing so fast this last year! I wonder if mine has?

melrose1985
April 20th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Congrats! You have such pretty hair!

LutraLutra
April 20th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Man, that's a lot of hair (meant in a good way of course) :D It looks wonderful, so healthy.

DavidN
April 20th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Congratulations, Periwinkle, on your 1 year LHC anniversary, and here's to many more years in our community!

Your hair is so shiny and healthy, with the most beautiful colour, and I cannot get over how thick it is!

spidermom
April 20th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Respectable growth for one year, taking trims into account, and looking very pretty.

WritingPrincess
April 20th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary. Your hair is beautiful and you have had some great progress. May you be past waist by a year from now.

HollowHannah
April 20th, 2009, 04:00 PM
happy anniversary! Congratulations your hair is so beautiful and thick. I can't believe how shiny it is!

jojo
April 20th, 2009, 04:25 PM
You haven't grown masses????? wanna borrow my specs! you have grown trillions of length, it looks beautiful too!