PDA

View Full Version : "Non-natural" shampoos

BlndeInDisguise
April 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry about the unclear title, I wasn't sure what to call it. :o

I'm wondering if anybody can suggest some "non-natural" shampoos (shampoos that you could buy at Walmart or Target or something) that are good. Meaning, no cones, no sulphates or anything like that.

Thanks!

Patrycja
April 4th, 2008, 12:18 PM
For cheap commerical shampoo,I always use Sauve brand.They have a excellent clarifying one out and the new Vanilla Floral(what I'm using right now bc I can't get a poo bar.Too broke)smells terrific.If you like coconut smell,their coconut shampoo is yummy :love:

eta-darn,you said no sulfates....I did see a natural enviroment friendly shampoo at my local grocery store(Kroger)I can look right quick online to see if I can find the name of it for you. Be right back.

Couldn't find it...I'll remember to look at the name for you the next time I go.Which should be today,I have to return some movies to The Big Red Box

SophieJ
April 4th, 2008, 01:30 PM
At Walgreens you can buy Paves shampoo which has no sulfates for about six dollars. This is what the bottle looks like:
http://img3.glowfoto.com/images/2008/04/04-1202203828T.jpg (http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.php?img=04-120220L&y=2008&m=04&t=jpg&rand=3828&srv=img3)

akurah
April 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Giovanni and Burts Bees are sold at Target.

In fact, Burts Bees is sold almost everywhere, and is probably your best bet for a non-sulfate no-cones shampoo conditioner set.

Giovanni costs about 7.99 per bottle at my target, same price for shampoo and for conditioner. I forget how much burts bees costs, but I think it's between 5 and 10 dollars.

AmandaPanda
April 4th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Sally's - Cream Of Nature

Burt's Bees is great but it is almost completely natural. Giovanni is good, too

SHELIAANN1969
April 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I saw some Jason shampoo at Kmart, they had a lot of it on clearance for less than 5$ a bottle but I have so much shampoo I couldnt even convince myself it was a good bargain!!

sweetlidlred
April 5th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Do you have a walgreens? They have a quite a few shampoos some that are cone-free and some SLS free, you have to look around though, they are just mixed in with the other shampoos.

Kirin
April 5th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Queen Helene Mint Julep shampoo at sally's. Its a concentrate, pretty good cleansing, refreshing too! One bottle is around 2.50, and makes about two gallons of shampoo.... very economical.