PDA

View Full Version : Found an up do that I had never seen before

coppercurls
April 18th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I was playing around on You Tube & found this cool little video & thought I would share:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U23DXFYt7G0&feature=related

Jessica Trapp
April 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM
very cute. It's so poofy!

morguebabe
April 18th, 2009, 09:18 PM
neat and easy!

misstwist
April 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM
That one has been posted here recently. I can't quite get the comb to work correctly.

Aicha
April 19th, 2009, 10:04 AM
Seems like it would work best for BSL, but not longer... I'll have to give it a try to see! Thanks for sharing the video with us.

Eryka
April 19th, 2009, 01:47 PM
The video says for long hair but, I can't see that working for BSL or longer. The weight of the hair would pull out the pony tail and the "poof" would be so high that we couldn't walk through doors.

*Has mental image of a furry Conehead*

enfys
April 19th, 2009, 02:16 PM
How come hers was less than a minute but someone elses was almost 8 minutes long? Not that watched the other one, it was just a related video.

I suppose with longer hair you could just wrap it around the back section, throught the middle of the loop. That might actually improve how it looks from the back.

Very quick and copyable though, good find coppercurls!

JamieLeigh
April 20th, 2009, 09:29 AM
That's very pretty! I'm sure mine is much too long nowadays to work that one out, without some extra steps added in. :( (wow, do I get the Academy Award for acting sad about having long hair? ;) lol)

amaiaisabella
April 20th, 2009, 10:58 AM
I really liked the updo when I tried it, but I was unable to position the comb in such a way to hide the elastic. Did anyone have any better luck?

Aditi
April 20th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Its a really neat hairstyle but i don't think it will work for my layered hair :D.

mugglemomof3
April 20th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Oh Thank You coppercurls!!!!! That looks really easy and cool.

KajiKodomo
April 20th, 2009, 12:38 PM
It's pretty, but I'm sure it would take me much longer, as she's probably had much more practice. Oh well, another thing to try when my hair gets longer :)

MotherConfessor
April 21st, 2009, 12:06 AM
I modified the version for my "can i call this tailbone" length. Just leave the extra hair hanging from the second loop of the pony, the wrap it around the elastic before securing the poof. That should solve the elastic problem as well.

GlassEyes
April 21st, 2009, 05:45 AM
The video says for long hair but, I can't see that working for BSL or longer. The weight of the hair would pull out the pony tail and the "poof" would be so high that we couldn't walk through doors.

*Has mental image of a furry Conehead*

My sister does it with waist-length hair, so It should work until then if your hair isn't too heavy.

As the above states, I've seen this before. xD;

mugglemomof3
April 21st, 2009, 09:08 AM
I tried it this morning and it just doesn't work with my layers. :( Maybe in a few inches. . .