PDA

View Full Version : Starting again from BSL, a year later

Labs*R*Us
April 18th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Hello again, ya'll -

I've been away almost a year now. I cut my hair from TBL to above BSL last summer, and it was a good move, for all the right reasons. It was time (kind of like labor - you just know it. When I came to LHC, I had all kinds of damage, from coloring, to spray, to heat, and most of the hair I had, at the time, had been baked on the beach.) It was high time for a fresh start.

All the old stuff was gone, and it felt good, as most of it was hair from stressed times (it looked it), and pre-LHC, so there wasn't much to salvage, anyway, at the time. What was remarkable was that, after losing (cutting) so many inches, there was so little hair in the sink! Kind of shocking, actually. I didn't think, or realize, that it was breaking off, left and right, or that it might be thinning (stress), because at the front 1/2, it appeared normally thick and full. I was measuring TBL, but that thickness, I guess, just wasn't there in the length.

I began again with a fresh, straight hemline, maybe 2 inches above BSL (thick and much healthier, through and through.) It's now (almost a year later) below BSL. It grows at an I'm Happy With It rate (6-7 inches/yr), although I have to admit, I've quit measuring. That just makes me a little too nuts, and I remember becoming a bit too compulsive about it, till my cut last year. But, at the hemline, what was revealed was hair that had received a LOT of conditioning, especially with coconut oil (all LHC method), so that now it still doesn't need a "good trim" - all I had to do was a dusting a few weeks ago, since last summer!

My new avatar is a sloppy Chinese I did on the quick today. It still has a few pieces that want to sproing out (lack of length), but as I hadn't tried any kind of updo's like I was able to do two years ago, I was surprised (and happy) I am able to do a Chinese, at that. I've done "updo's" since my cut, but mostly with an oversized jaw, or a high pony wrapped around, and fastened with nothing other than a mini jaw or hair screw/Amish pin. Or a scarf.

Oh yeah, a braided bun, braided with a scarf. (I teach, and was amazed at the number of kids and other teachers giving complements on that style.) For those growing their hair out from BSL to beyond, it sure seems to give a lot of "oomph" (fullness) to buns - make it look like you have so much more hair than you have. And colorful, too.

Anyway, it's been a busy, productive, positive, and happy year since I last posted. I'm glad to be back in the company of so many, many lovely people! And very happy to pick back up on my hair journey, now very enlightened. I hope you'll say "hey" back, if you remember me! :flower:

Teacherbear
April 18th, 2009, 08:01 PM
Welcome back, LabRUs!!! It is great to see you again. I like your siggy picture. It looks relaxed and comfortable!

:flowers:

chrissy-b
April 19th, 2009, 12:01 AM
Hi and welcome back!! :waving:

Labs*R*Us
April 19th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Teacherbear, thank you - I've missed you! I'm back "new and improved", relaxed and ready to grow some hair together!. Let's do it!

chrissy-b, thank you for the warm welcome - it's good to be back!

I am awe-struck to see such beautiful, healthy growth from so many LHCers!! It's not been a year, and everywhere I look, it's like, what? what?! Wow!!! I see such healthy-looking, absolutely gorgeous heads of hair with almost every profile! Way tp go everybody!

To the long-timers, oh, you guys do rock, and kudos to you all! No matter where I look, I see nothing but shiny. healthy, beautiful lengths and lengths, pure efforts of love. Congrats to all for their diligence, patience and care. Trust me, from one has been away for almost a year - what a difference a year makes - all so gorgeous!

DavidN
April 19th, 2009, 04:35 AM
Welcome back to the LHC, Labs*R*Us, and it is great to see you posting once again, and yes, I do remember you!

Your siggy updo looks wonderful, and your hair is so shiny and healthy!

Rini
April 19th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Welcome back Labs*R*Us :waving:

I have also been absent off and on over the years of my membership here and I do notice the amazing growth some ppl get around here! It must have been so wonderful to have such a big chop and feel those blunt, healthy thick ends :inlove: Do you have a pic of your hair down now?

Anyway, nice to see you again!

Labs*R*Us
April 19th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Thanks,DavidN - now I guess the challenge is how long I can keep it this way! :rolleyes:

Hey Rini! :applause You know, you bring up a good point - I really do need to post a long pic, and be hair-typed by everyone now. I think I'm a 2B, but those who know better may judge it more accurately. I do know that when I partially blow dry and let the damp air dry, I have a lot more waves than I used to. We, at least, are color sisters, I think (well, yours is the one I shoot for, anyway!)

Don't know how much I'll be posting this time around, but will definitely be back for the occasional motivation. I am just awestruck by the heads of gorgeousness of so, so many on here now.... maybe, if I keep up the routine, I can join the ranks again one day.

JamieLeigh
April 20th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Glad to hear you've had a good year, hairwise. I hope you'll post more often! :flower:

CindyLea1
April 20th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Welcome back! I'm in the same boat you were a year ago. I just went to bsl from classic. You have just given me hope to have georgeous hair! Thank you.

KajiKodomo
April 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Welcome back! I love your siggy picture! :D

Aditi
April 20th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Welcome back Labs*R*Us glad to have you back here.