PDA

View Full Version : Scalp problem

Aisha25
April 18th, 2009, 06:40 PM
I never had any problems with scalp or anything before, but after my last hair wash I used very diluted VO5 green tea shampoo about 1 squirt in a quart of water. I applied it to my scalp and length and massaged in like always.

After my hair dryed (air dry only, incase someone is wondering) my scalp was paining so much and now it itches and feels tight. I washed on Wednesday.

Do you think my hair and scalp got used to using gentle herbs(aritha,amla shikakai etc..) and now cannot handle SLS shampoo?? That was the only thing different in my wash.

I also used diluted acv like always after shampoo:shrug:

Anything to sooth it??

chrissy-b
April 18th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I would think it's the SLS shampoo. I would do another wash with the herbs to see if your scalp feels better after.

Helen Baq
April 18th, 2009, 06:54 PM
I would think it's the SLS shampoo. I would do another wash with the herbs to see if your scalp feels better after.

My thoughts, exactly. When I was having SLS problems, it took a few weeks of no sulfates at all for my scalp to feel ok again. Hopefully, since you only did one diluted shampoo, you will find relief easier. :(

Cinnamon Hair
April 18th, 2009, 11:11 PM
I don't know much about herbs, but have you used the VO5 Green Tea shampoo before with good results? If this was your first time ever using it, you might be allergic to one of the ingredients. To soothe your scalp, the best thing would be to wash again with your normal herb mixture. If you don't have the herbs maybe try washing again with water only, or massage an oil you like into your scalp...but then you'd have greasy hair and need to wash.

Flynn
April 18th, 2009, 11:18 PM
No idea about causes (I would either have assumed the same as you: the cleansers were too harsh, or there's a perfume in it that might be irritating, but I have a problem with perfumes!), but for relief, how do you feel about slathering your scalp with aloe vera gel? A friend did this to my hair once years ago when I was staying at her place and reacted to her shampoo. It meant my hair was full of aloe vera, (which I had to wash out when I got home) but it did make my scalp feel better.

Arctic_Mama
April 18th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Sounds like an allergy or sensitivity, though I'd point to the fragrance in the shampoo before the SLS. I'd say you're better off ditching it for something more gentle.

jera
April 19th, 2009, 12:36 AM
If you've used the Vo 5 sls shampoo before without a problem, then I don't know, but I'd go back to the Indian herbs I think. Your hair always looks so beautiful. The herbs are probably part of the reason for your hair and scalp's health. :)

Aisha25
April 19th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Yeah I used this shampoo before and each time after I used it my scalp would be pinkish and sore. Only this time was it itchy after they dried. I have herbs I was just lazy last time to boil the aritha pods, but now I wont be so lazy again:rolleyes:

I oiled my scalp last night with some oil and it helped take away the tightness and some burning. But even now it is hot and itches. I am thinking yoghurt on scalp?? Maybe to cool it down.

Aisha25
April 23rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
I washed with aritha today and no problems at all. It is the shampoo, then even really diluted I cannot to use anymore oh well.

Thanks everyone for helping me out:flowers:

longhairedfairy
April 23rd, 2009, 04:26 PM
I'm sorry that it irritated your scalp. I use it with no problem, but I'm used to using it all the time. You must be too sensitive to it. I'm glad you're better now.:)

ETA: I like your avatar. You always use really pretty pictures.:flower:

Aisha25
April 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Yeah I guess my scalp just wants indian things :lol: soo picky picky:p

Thanks

SimplyLonghair
April 23rd, 2009, 07:02 PM
Thats okay If I had hair growing out of my scalp that looked like yours I would give it everything that I found out that it wanted! :D:D:D
Even Cheese!:cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Aisha25
April 23rd, 2009, 08:50 PM
lol My Hair controls me, its got me whiped:whip:

SimplyLonghair
April 23rd, 2009, 08:52 PM
:rollin: LOL I love it!

LHGypsyRose
April 23rd, 2009, 09:26 PM
lol My Hair controls me, its got me whiped:whip:
LOL!

I think it is the SLS because the same thing happened to me not long ago. I got used to using Giovanni with no SLS for over a year, but a few months ago when I was running out of it I reached an old bottle of Pantene I use to use. After washing with that a couple of times my scalp started itching like crazy and I noticed some flakes! I know that's what it was because it's the only thing I did different and after using Giovanni again my scalp went back to normal.

Anje
April 23rd, 2009, 10:49 PM
Sounds like the shampoo definitely irritates your scalp. Whether it's the SLS, or something else in this specific shampoo is harder to say. Might be worth trying a different SLS shampoo next time, or perhaps an ALS/ALES one.

Aisha25
April 25th, 2009, 10:18 PM
ASL is ten times worst makes my whole head hurt. I dont want my scalp to hurt again so I dont think I will try it again.