PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

sweetbluesky
April 4th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Hi everyone! I have been reading this website for a while and now just joined after it has been rebooted! I started by doing CO washing, adding some ACV rinse too. While my wavy hair has gotten lots of moisture this way, the unfortunate news is that I have more dandruff than ever :-(. I have had dandruff problems for a while now. I have tried aloe vera gel, listerine, ACV, and it's still an issue. I sometimes use sulfate shampoo, and trying to get sulfate free. I have never used shampoo bars so I don't know if it will work. I have been oiling my hair with parachute coconut oil, vatika, or some other type of special indian hair oil. What can I do to get rid of dandruff? I like CO washing but it's not helping the dandruff :-( Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guenever
April 5th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Hi - and welcome first of all :flowers:
I would recommend you to post your question in the Mane-forum - few members check the "New? Start Here"-forum for questions like these so you'll get a lot more responses in the Mane-forum.. :)

Also, if you could determine your hair type and put it in your profile it would help.. You wrote that you'd been around for a while, also before the old forum went down, so I don't know how much you know about this place in general - but you're welcome to ask if you have any questions regarding your profile, hair typing etc..

Alaia
April 5th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Hello and welcome! :D

It is probably better to post the dandruff thing in the Mane Forum, but before you do, perhaps do a search and see what you can turn up. I think it's not an unknown thing to get more dandruff from COing, to be honest, and perhaps it simply means CO is not for you! But go and have a look anyway...

Have fun!