PDA

View Full Version : I love you guys

rach
April 18th, 2009, 07:49 AM
i joined because i wanted hints on henna and was about to dive into it mostly for the conditioning properties. the red was just bonus as i preferred being darkened hair type (colour suited me better)
any way here are some pics all in same light, co only, no oils added after.
http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu32/rachelheales/hair/Picture6.png
and i was looking at the first pic which i was ashamed to post because it just looked so awful and damaged which honestly it was that terrible. i was desperate to get life back into it.
second pic was i think was after my second henna. last picture is now the colour i want it now. I'm using olive oil every moment i can (i was in my kitchen anyway so was to hand) and will soon see how my hair reacts to jojoba oil which is sitting on shelf at the moment, might even use it for skin :p

all i want to say is Thankyou for the ideas and motivation.
my hair is back with the living :p i am soo happy

can't wait to see how well it grows now , i might just surprise myself :p
bring it on !

aahavaa
April 18th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Rach I think your hair looks nice ,don't see anything there to be ashamed off!! Just wanted to tell you that you might love coconut oil.That stuff does wonders and I am so so grateful to have found it.In the past I had used olive and jojoba but they always left me looking lank and were so hard to fully wash out.Coconut oil is different though and its changed the health of my hair (along with henna) dramatically.I think you'd love it and so would your hair :).

rach
April 18th, 2009, 08:32 AM
i've use coconut oil in my hair before regularly but it seems to like heavier oils better a the moment.
my hair is very greedy .

Rohele
April 18th, 2009, 08:44 AM
The colour is so pretty! Aahavaa is right - there is nothing to be shamed of.

My hair likes lots of oil too, especially the damaged bits. I find jojoba oil is fairly light compared to olive oil.

jera
April 18th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hi Rach. I hope Nightshade reads this thread. She knows everything there is to know about henna and can surely offer some helpful suggestions. :)

Tap Dancer
April 18th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Oooh, what a pretty color!

RancheroTheBee
April 18th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Yay! Your hair looks very beautiful. I am also infinitely grateful for henna. That stuff is a really a gift from the Gods. :flower:

amaiaisabella
April 18th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Henna and olive oil is a great combination :) I'm addicted!

rach
April 18th, 2009, 02:27 PM
i know, it's catching.....
i don't know why it's not common knowledge here in the uk at least.
chemical dyes ok i admit you know what your getting in colour (plain colour) but henna (yes it's more unpredictable in knowing what the future results will be and it takes a week to settle its glow of colour) joins forces with the colour underneath which keeps the natural variations and it also conditions weirdly. made my fine hair thick and my corse hair less squiggly in texture.
it's all helping what i thought was a lost case.

viking_quest
April 18th, 2009, 04:59 PM
Wow, I love the final henna result.

Firefly
April 18th, 2009, 05:02 PM
It looks fantastic-- that color is great. I've thought off and on of trying henna, and pictures like this make it even more tempting! LOL

Milui Elenath
April 18th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Wow Rach, its been a while since I saw your hair, I think I saw the 1st Henna only. Its looking amazing! So beautiful, so shiny. Congratulations.

Nightshade
April 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Looks wonderful, rach.

I've been there with super-damaged hair and henna is a godsend for it. Keep taking pics, you'll LOVE looking back at them!

rach
April 20th, 2009, 10:04 AM
:D thank you

CrystalStar
April 20th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I absolutely love your new hair colour! :D I'm amazed you got such a pretty colour over previously bleached hair (I have previously bleached hair, and I've ordered my henna but I'm terrified of doing it).

How did ya mix it up to get that deep red colour? :)

JamieLeigh
April 20th, 2009, 10:27 AM
Awww, isn't this site awesome? :rockerdud You come in looking for advice on one thing, and you find loads of info to help you in other areas. I love it! ....and we all love you too! :flower:

nayver
April 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM
Rach, lovely red you got with henna, ends look healthier and the overall appearance of the hair is just perfect.

I also LOVE YOU guys for henna and things like:

-using honey for lightening
-CO washes
-braids
-buns
-Kimberlily's defrizz spray
-Indian herbs
-Feye's trimming method
-Snowy's Moisture Treatment (SMT) and much more...

THANK YOU SO MUCH :D

rach
April 20th, 2009, 11:59 AM
CrystalStar-
100grams worth body quality henna and luke warm water/chamomile tea .
wait for it to bleed brownish or test on you arm and see if the dye releases .
leave on for as long as you can (even sleep with it if your brave) under cling-film to keep it moist and use Vaseline for skin around your hairline or if your rach messy - face and neck also and i used cotton wool around my ear areas so any henna which leaves only makes its as far as the cotton wool, and a hat to keep some warmth which helps release. and leave it on for as long as you can then wash it thoroughly out (can take 20/30 minutes and allot of conditioner (i don't use shampoo anyway). thats not including cleaning bathroom de-hennaing time :p
be warned it will glow or orange at first if your hair is light underneath and further applications if you want it redder .
it is bright at first but it's "glow" goes after a week then your left with the final result.
do a stand test to be sure that is what you want, as it is a very permanent move to make.
this is a good uk online shop for supplies as i see you live in the uk on your profile info (http://www.henna-boy.co.uk/shop/yemeni-henna-hair-grade/cat_35.php)

KajiKodomo
April 20th, 2009, 12:33 PM
It looks great! Congrats on your success with henna! :D

LutraLutra
April 20th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Your hair looks great - such a strong colour. Henna Boy is great, his cassia is brilliant too.