PDA

View Full Version : Co wash question for oily scalp

Lockett
April 17th, 2009, 09:48 PM
Hi,

I have been reading a lot about how to properly care for my hair. In January I started to Co wash only, (i used vo5 volume conditioner) at first it was wonderful and then I noticed that I felt really greasy more often. My scalp tends to get very oily and my ends are dry and brittle. I have hair that is extreme on each of its ends.

I gave up cowashing and started to use shampoos again. I also feel that I can't live without cones because my hair is damaged, frizzy and poofey, I need the cones to tame it.

I want to get on the track to maintaining a healthy habit of taking care of my hair, but nothing seems to work for me. I feel like I am back where i started and I am breaking all the rules.

Can anyone recommend something for me? A solution to takebetter care of my hair?

( I have oily scalp, dry ends, fine hair and a couple inches passed BSL)

Thank You. Help is very much appreciated =]

Flynn
April 17th, 2009, 09:54 PM
I've decided to try CWC (i.e. condition the ends, wash the scalp, condition the whole length) starting this week. It's way too early for any results, but it seems likely to be a good compromise for dealing with an oily scalp...

Nat242
April 17th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I have an oily scalp and dry ends - CO washing was a disaster for me. I was doing a condition(first condition was a SMT) -wash-condition method which worked for a while, but I found it a bit too time consuming.

My current wash routine is usually a soak with catnip tea (I sometimes add fenugreek), followed by a diluted shampoo applied to the scalp only. Rinse with cool water. I follow this with some coconut oil or Night Blooming's Panacea Hair Salve, applied only to the ends if they seem a bit dry.

Diluted shampoo works very well for me - I do need something to cut through the oil on my scalp, but it doesn't strip my hair like straight shampoo does.

HTH!