PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Know How Long?

Jamie Lynn 40
April 17th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Hi-
I was just wondering how long I need to wait to do some sort of henna for my hair. I have been bleaching it but I haven't since Jan.31st so I have some dark roots and fading. I just don't want to turn up with orange hair or anything. Thanks.
Jamie

amaiaisabella
April 17th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I would think you'd be safe, though of course you should do a strand test to ensure your hair doesn't break off. Still, considering henna makes your hair STRONGER, one would hope that wouldn't happen :)

Still, if your hair is extremely light (and I'm assuming since you bleach it, it is) it WILL be a pretty intense red for a while. Further applications will take you as dark as you want.

kdaniels8811
April 17th, 2009, 06:16 PM
Definately do a strand test, henna is permanent and does not come out! There are threads on how to do one, and it is important to keep it warm, just as you would henna on your head. Good luck and let us know how it turns out! Oh, my hair is henna and indigo over dyed brown hair (naturally brown, dyed to cover grey)

ZaBasDa
April 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM
I had some bleached streaks in my hair that I henna'd over and for the first several applications they were a very bright red/orange color. I've gotten those areas to a much darker red color, but it is still quite bright. You should be fine to henna now, but I recommend a strand test see if you actually like the color you will get because henna is very permanent.

SimplyLonghair
April 17th, 2009, 09:42 PM
If you don't want the orangey color, then do strand tests with other herbs added to tone down the orange until you get a color that you are happy with. That way you are not stuck :shrug::rolleyes::o