PDA

View Full Version : Braid length goal?

Amara
April 17th, 2009, 10:54 AM
I did a couple searches and didn't come up with anything, but I'll start with the usual saying anyway: if there's something about this that's been posted recently, my apologies. :)

Does anyone have a goal they're working toward that doesn't have to do with hair being down?

One of my goals is to get my braid to hip length when pulled in front. I think the "down" length of that would be somewhere around/past classic, and I'm not sure I'll get that far... but I'd love that long braid hanging down in front. :)

Anybody else have a braid (or other updo/downdo) goal?

justpuggy
April 17th, 2009, 10:57 AM
in my profile, it is my down length, but really my goal is a waist length braid since I don't envision my hair down much at that length!

sweetbluesky
April 17th, 2009, 10:59 AM
When I wear a braid, it eats up my mid back length to APL! :mad: I want a braid that is down to below BSL, which would be tailbone or something else, dunno, because my hair is wavy too.

I also want a HUGE bun, like the type you can see from the front because it is too big. I want it to look like a halo :cheese:

Phalaenopsis
April 17th, 2009, 11:11 AM
A braid at hiplength would be really cool, but then my hair would be too long for my liking.

So I'm hoping I'll at least get a waistlength braid with hiplength hair. :)

Fethenwen
April 17th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I want my braid to be as long as Fiona's in Shrek :D

Radulfr
April 17th, 2009, 11:19 AM
In my profile I wrote that my one hair goal is to grow a hip length braid. Odds against it ever happening, with such slow growth.
At BSL now.

squiggyflop
April 17th, 2009, 01:50 PM
um well i suppose i would like it to be either hip or tailbone length.. right now its about waist length on a good day.. probably another year or 2 until i reach that length

sahiba
April 17th, 2009, 01:56 PM
I want my braid to go past my butt , but ... :cry:

enfys
April 17th, 2009, 02:02 PM
I want to be able to do this style again.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9712/hoth4ta3.jpg

What a dope for not ever taking a photo.

That's primarily what my target length is for; my fiance's first love was Princess Leia, and I'm still in love with Han Solo, so I'm envisioning an anniversary party/convention.

Actually any and all of Leia's hair styles; I used to be able to do them all. And with my face I was pretty convincing!

Here's Carrie Fisher proving that her hair was fake in the film and just howmuch there was!
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4814/newstarwars20og5.jpg

susiemw
April 17th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I want to have one of those huge massive braided buns
that I see people sporting on LHC!

I love the pics of Princess Lea!

AJoifulNoise
April 17th, 2009, 02:07 PM
It's not a serious goal, but I want a braid that taps my butt. :D

freznow
April 17th, 2009, 02:14 PM
I want a bun that eats the back of my head.

I have some barely conscious goals - like when I wrap my braid about my neck, there's a subtle wish that it would be "just four inches longer", or whatnot, so it'd drape better/stay there more easily, or some such thing.

Carolyn
April 17th, 2009, 03:20 PM
I'm pretty sure there hasn't been a thread with this topic. I've seen it mentioned in blogs but I don't think there has been any discussion. I could be wrong ;) My first goal was to have waistlength hair when it's down, then the goal became to have the tip of my tassel at waist length. I achieved both goals. Now I'd love to have the braided part go all the way to my waist. I like a fairly long tassel so that means longer hair. I think I'd have to have hair past tailbone to have the braided part reach my waist.

JamieLeigh
April 17th, 2009, 03:24 PM
I'm at classic (actually getting closer to 43" than 42" as of this month...may need to update my info soon), and my braid is hip-length when braided in back and pulled to the front. When I braid it under my ear and wear it up front, it's thigh length. I don't know if I have a specific goal in mind, but it would be nice to have a knee-length braid. I'll probably have to get it to lower calf to accomplish that. :)

sukhi_v1023
April 17th, 2009, 04:01 PM
Nice topic. My goal (and I am very, very far from it), is to have my hair down to my waist again. I used to have hair all the way down to my knees, and I went through a period where I just needed short hair to keep me sane. So, I'm growing it back out and it's going sooooo slowly! Ack!

But anywho. Related to that goal, I'd like to be able to braid my hair and have it end just a little above my waist, and to be able to do a beautiful bun again. Yes. Those are my unrelated to down-length goals.

misstwist
April 17th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Count another one with the massive coronet braid as the main goal.

Also, the low but very visible braided bun that Evita Peron sported. Seen here http://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/ww1/scarpa.html

Unnamed
April 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
For me braid at lengths is sort of a 'mini-goal' (sort of along the lines of cool numbers, like 36", 40", 48", and 50" were).

Although I think I may have slightly passed the last one (mid-thigh braid), but in that case 50" was a cooler mark to hit, so the braid kinda got forgotten about. :oops:

And I should say that none are necessarily goals. My 'goal' is growing to terminal length, so there's no set end-length...just lots of interesting lengths to reach, which does include the length of a braid. :)

viking_quest
April 17th, 2009, 05:16 PM
I want a braid to tailbone and the tail to be to classic, that could be anywhere from classic to knee, but I'm thinking more thigh length because braids don't eat up my hair length.

Eryka
April 17th, 2009, 05:19 PM
I have a picture of my hair braided in my album. Its somewhere between "bottom of butt" and knee.

For now, a knee length braid with NO taper is my goal. Once I hit that, my goal will probably change to an ankle length braid with no taper. And after that . . . .

myotislucifugus
April 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
"Actually any and all of Leia's hair styles; I used to be able to do them all. And with my face I was pretty convincing!"

Enfys... my entire childhood was a fantasy of having Leia-like hair, any and all of her hairstyles, but especially her styles from ROTJ, and the style from the city in the clouds in TESB. I remember the exact moment I realized her hair was fake, in a new hope when she has the bee hive thing with the long braid in back and I knew she couldn't have that hair without it being ankle length and she didn't have that kind of hair in RTOJ... I digress...but thank you so much for bringing it up...

My goal is a braid that reaches at least waist, more likely hip.

Flynn
April 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I'd like to be able to wrap a single braid around my head. That's probably a down length of TB or something.

ZaBasDa
April 17th, 2009, 07:53 PM
For now, I want a braid that goes to waist. Then a hip-length braid would be nice, but that is quite a long way off.

Jules diamond
April 17th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I saw a picture of a really nice braid a while ago (coupled with a fake braid) That would be my goal. I'll see if I can find it somewhere.

Medievalhair
April 17th, 2009, 08:10 PM
I would love to have a braid that I could wrap a round my head a couple times, like the Leia styles from Star Wars.

eadwine
April 22nd, 2009, 11:56 AM
I have a goal like that. I want a waist length braid. Probably need tailbone length hair to pull that one off.. hence me growing to tailbone :)

SarahBeth
August 11th, 2010, 10:06 PM
midback braid would be great

Juneii
August 11th, 2010, 11:19 PM
A braid that reaches tailbone in the back :D

MissManda
August 11th, 2010, 11:27 PM
I'd love to have a hip-length braid. I specifically want the braided part to end at hip-length. My goal is classic, so somewhere in that vicinity will make me happy. I'd like my braid without significant taper, too. :)

LittleOrca
August 11th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Long enough that I can braid it into a large and nice noose. Strange, I know, but that has always been a goal of mine.

ETA: This is why. I saw this movie cover (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9wKnb8wxXUQ/S7Ud9SiJsZI/AAAAAAAAAXc/wstvS9PU6PI/s1600/April+Fools+Day+DVD+cover.jpg)when I was a little girl and thought it looked awesome.

blctsyllwdg
August 11th, 2010, 11:33 PM
I think my loose classic braid with a 4 inch tassel may be my max. Longer trashs the end. Plus, I have to be nearing terminal if my hair is straight.

Naamah
August 11th, 2010, 11:43 PM
I would love to have my braid be tailbone length to classic length.

Elph
August 11th, 2010, 11:48 PM
I have two goals - I want my braid to brush the part between my jeans and top when my top pulls up and for it to brush the top of my bum. The second goal is to be able to do a corenet braid with a single braid.

As for taper - this is my main goal - I would love to not have one as my hair is so fine.

christine1989
August 12th, 2010, 01:25 AM
I want my braid to be nice and thick! Length is not as much a concern but a waist length braid would be nice. :)

Henrietta
August 12th, 2010, 01:30 AM
I'd like my braid to be longer than my arm when I will have my hands up. I want to stretch myself in the morning and be able to hold the end of my braid:)

kmoc123
August 12th, 2010, 01:42 AM
knee length...

Loreley
August 12th, 2010, 02:57 AM
I want a classic length thick braid. :D

Raponsje
August 12th, 2010, 05:03 AM
For me also the coronet braid.

EtherealOde
August 12th, 2010, 05:17 AM
I would love to have a tailbone length braid, thick all the way down its length. Right now it is nowhere even close to that, and I have crazy taper.

Capybara
August 12th, 2010, 06:07 AM
My braid is actually just about as long as I want it to be right now. The end of the hassle just bushes those dimples at the bottom of my back (I don't know what they're called?), and I'm at the length when I can wrap it around my neck to get it out of the way :) I really like this length, and am tempted to stay here, by I also want to reach my down-goal too!

eamane
August 12th, 2010, 06:35 AM
I would like my braid to be at least waistlength, preferably longer :) Right now my loose hair is at waist so I've got a bit more to grow...

tinti
August 12th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I'd like to have a waist lenght braid. Right now It's a 2-3 inches past apl.

Octave
August 12th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Hmm well that got me thinking...

Thought my goal was to have waist length hair. Well I would be thrilled to have that long hair, but then again maybe I should change that goal once I reach it. Would love to have a braid that is to my waist....so as my hair is pretty thick in a braid it would have to be a lot longer than what my goal is.

Kibitzer
August 12th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I would love for my braid to reach my knees.

kittensoupnrice
August 12th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Add me to the list of people wanting to be able to do a coronet braid. Preferably one that looks even all around, so any taper will be tucked back under. So I'm probably looking at a tailbone or classic length braid.

Tabihito
August 12th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I want a braid long enough to sit on. Which, of course, lends itself well to being able to do a coronet braid. Right now, my braid's not even long enough to pull over my shoulder (braiding it at all is a pain), so I've got a pretty long way to go.

Kristin
August 12th, 2010, 11:38 AM
I think I'd like a waist-length braid, but I'd have to modify my overall length goal for that to happen. I'd have to grow to TBL probably and I don't think I want to deal with that much hair at this point in my life. That might change, though. ;)

Gumball
August 12th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I'd love for a hip length braid, but we'll see how I feel as it continues to grow, especially depending on my growth versus trimming schedule.

masterofmidgets
August 12th, 2010, 06:42 PM
I'd really like to have a tailbone-to-classic length braid - I want to be able to cosplay as Duo Maxwell. :D

Coriander
August 12th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I would love a classic-length braid. That's why I changed my down goal to thigh. :)

eezepeeze
August 12th, 2010, 08:11 PM
I'd really like to have braid where the hair tie hits right at tailbone. Since my hair is so thick and curly, I'll probably have to be at classic to get that. I'd have to adjust my "down"goal from TBL to classic. But, I've been leaning that direction anyway. Right now, I'm at waist, but only if I pull the curl out. With curls, I'm about 2 inches below BSL.

HikerTrash
August 13th, 2010, 08:37 AM
I thought I was the only one disappointed with my hair length because it's not long enough in a braid. I want to flip my braid to the front and have it still be at least waist length. I want it to feel floppy, and heavy, too, but I think that will never happen.

Gnomentum
August 13th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Braid at waist to hip would be nice, but as my ultimate goal is TB I doubt it will go further than waist anyway.

Theobroma
August 13th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Braid at waist when flipped over my shoulder. Though that probably won't happen until I reach classic length...

Keildra
August 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I want hippie braids (two braids) that reach mid thigh length.

ritza
August 13th, 2010, 07:28 PM
I would like for my front braids to be long mid thigh (thick)

Happy Hair Growing!

SgtMomArmy
August 14th, 2010, 09:03 AM
I was talking with my mother the other day about my great-grandmother's white/silver braid that reached past mid-thigh. I only saw it down once. I was 7. I think I want that one day. I wish I had seen it unbraided. My mom only saw it being brushed once, but Gee Gee was sitting down. Wish I knew how long it was.

LoversLullaby
August 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM
I want a braid that is classic length at least. I love extremely long braids. I've got such a long way to go though! I also want it very thick with no taper, my hair is thick, and I hope it stays that way!

ArienEllariel
August 14th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I want to be able to do this style again.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/9712/hoth4ta3.jpg

What a dope for not ever taking a photo.

That's primarily what my target length is for; my fiance's first love was Princess Leia, and I'm still in love with Han Solo, so I'm envisioning an anniversary party/convention.

Actually any and all of Leia's hair styles; I used to be able to do them all. And with my face I was pretty convincing!

Here's Carrie Fisher proving that her hair was fake in the film and just howmuch there was!
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4814/newstarwars20og5.jpg

This. I want to have a long enough braid without much taper that I can wrap it all the way around my head. It's the idea of having that much hair over being able to "create" the look of that style with two braids.

Xan
August 15th, 2010, 06:57 AM
I would love a knee length braid or even ankle would be nice too.

Merewen
August 15th, 2010, 11:26 AM
My goal is taped braids. My braids barely meet on top, so it'll be a bit until it looks decent. I'd adore that Leia style coronet braid.

Other than that, I just want my braid to "feel long". I'm getting there.

Jessica Trapp
August 15th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Tailbone or classic.

:flower: jes

Lize
August 15th, 2010, 01:25 PM
I'd love to have a waist length braid. :)

lhangel9
August 21st, 2010, 03:03 PM
I did a couple searches and didn't come up with anything, but I'll start with the usual saying anyway: if there's something about this that's been posted recently, my apologies. :)

Does anyone have a goal they're working toward that doesn't have to do with hair being down?

One of my goals is to get my braid to hip length when pulled in front. I think the "down" length of that would be somewhere around/past classic, and I'm not sure I'll get that far... but I'd love that long braid hanging down in front. :)

Exact goal ---- for starters!

rosek
August 22nd, 2010, 01:29 AM
Classic braid. I'm only an inch or two away when its down, so definately achievable!

Djinmonet
August 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM
Mid-tailbone THICK ended braid.
I want the effect I've seen on Bollywood actresses when they walk/dance. :D

When I get that length braid again, think I'm just going to add "stuff" to get that effect.

eicamawa
August 22nd, 2010, 12:15 PM
as long as I can have it over my shoulder and down in front of me without it going back as soon as I turn my head, I'm happy :p

growing2shine
August 22nd, 2010, 12:16 PM
My braid goal is about classic length. So I will most likely change my ultimate goal to something like mid thigh. But I don't even know if I can get that long, but only time will tell I guess.:rolleyes:...:pray:

Ingrid
September 15th, 2014, 08:13 PM
My braid goal is probably knee-length, although I think ankle or calf-length braids look absolutely stunning. And all the pretty braid variations..!!

My mini-goal is being able to do a coronet braid though :) And getting rid of the taper because of dye damage.

Madora
September 15th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I always wanted a single braid that would go around my head. I can do that now, but alas, taper city strikes again. I'd love to have one beautiful braid around my hair, a la Juyla Timochenko. It may be fake, but it is a beautiful fake!

Becs
September 15th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I want my hair to touch my pants when in twin braids, so around BCLish, which I would guess would equate to classic with my hair down

LongCurlyTress
September 15th, 2014, 08:49 PM
I always wanted a single braid that would go around my head. I can do that now, but alas, taper city strikes again. I'd love to have one beautiful braid around my hair, a la Juyla Timochenko. It may be fake, but it is a beautiful fake!

Well, your profile avatar is just stunning, Madora! :agape:

gthlvrmx
September 15th, 2014, 08:51 PM
I want a nice knee-length braid. I've been wanting that for years :)

Madora
September 15th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Well, your profile avatar is just stunning, Madora! :agape:

Thanks, LongCurlyTress. That style was just wishful thinking (and long before Miss T came on scene). I once watched the picture "ESCAPE" with Norma Shearer and Robert Taylor and Norma had the most drop dead gorgeous twined coronet braid...perfect down to the last strand. A wig, of course...but heavens, it was magnificent!!! I watch some movies...for the hair...especially old ones, which are my faves!

Entangled
September 15th, 2014, 09:00 PM
I would love to have hair as long as Fawn's, from the Tinkerbell movies. I was passing by the movies in Walmart and was transfixed by the length. Of course, she is animated...:p

ghost
September 15th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I want knee length hair, so I guess my braid would be slightly above knee :) It will look like a huldra's tail!

animetor7
September 15th, 2014, 11:57 PM
My first goal is to reach tailbone length, but my tentative ultimate goal is to have a braid that is long enough to wrap around my head with a bit of tassel to tuck underneath. :)

Phexlyn
September 16th, 2014, 12:29 AM
I want a coronet braid with minimal taper. I can do the coronet, but I think I'd have to grow my hair twice as long so I can double back again ;)

kganihanova
September 16th, 2014, 06:45 AM
I want a hip length braid- so probably tailbone+ on me.

Zesty
September 16th, 2014, 07:12 AM
TBL braid, and of course the coronet. I'm hoping classic gets me there -- at TBL I could get maybe 2/3 of the way round my head in a braid

StellaKatherine
September 16th, 2014, 07:13 AM
My majour braid lenght goal is to be able to pin my braid around my head. Meaning that the braided end would touch the point where the braid started. The day when this will happen.. will be very important to me.....

Lady melissa
September 16th, 2014, 07:25 AM
i once saw a young lady at a festival, years and years ago, but i never forgot her: her braid was knee-length, i had never seen a woman with that long hair before in my life :) and since then i always wanted hair as long as hers :)

jupiterinleo
September 16th, 2014, 03:02 PM
I ADORE the look of a long braid. It's half the reason I'm growing out my hair. I want a braid that is BCL-TBL-ish.

Aurum
September 17th, 2014, 02:31 PM

Yulia Tymoshenko was one of my original hair idols when I decided to start growing my hair. Someday I'd love to be able to pull off that hair style for real. Maybe not today, maybe not in 5 years, but someday. :hollie:

SnowbirdRose
September 17th, 2014, 06:55 PM
A knee length braid? Wow! Does anyone on LHC have a knee length braid? I would love to see pictures. Back in the early 90's I had a braid that almost reached waist. But my hair was spiral permed and felt like straw. Never again. Would love to have a braid reach at least waist.

skeletonous
September 17th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Ooh, I think I would like a braid length to at least waist as well. :)

Johannah
September 18th, 2014, 02:56 AM
To my waist, that would be amazing. Without tapers. Some day.... :cloud9:

Lady Katherine
September 18th, 2014, 02:51 PM
To my hip. Right now it's at the top of my waist, so I've got a few more inches to go. One day...

curlylocks85
July 21st, 2015, 11:55 AM

I would love to have a Dutch braid that would reach Classic and hair long enough to do those hairstyles which require long hair to accomplish.

Saproxylic
July 21st, 2015, 12:54 PM
It's not exactly braid length goal, but I would like my hair to be long enough so there is enough of it for a bun that can support one of those fancy artsy wooden four prong forks with heavy pretty toppers. I have no idea how long will I have to grow with my puny ponytail circumference, until there is enough hair for it not to look ridiculous.

yahirwaO.o
July 21st, 2015, 07:39 PM
Im good enough mid back, with zero taper and side braided without pieces falling out!!!!! But I agree super long braids are fantastic!!!!

Youngjae
July 22nd, 2015, 04:17 AM
I would love hair that in a braid would reach classic or longer, but maybe that's just me being crazy...

Nesoi
July 22nd, 2015, 04:25 AM
My goal is waist (unbraided) at the moment but then I see people posting pics of braids that reach Classic and I'm like yasssssss...insert usual remark about drinking the LHC koolaid here :p

Cinnamonagouti
July 22nd, 2015, 07:04 AM
I'd love to have my braid reaching waist! That would probably be around hip or BCL when down and stretched.

hannabiss
July 22nd, 2015, 10:08 AM
I want to do a nautilus bun and I want a tbl length braid. Someday I'd like it to be all virgin hair. Sadly I just got my colored to help neutralise the red splat deposit dye. And had the lady cut 1 1/2 inches off.** Sigh**

chen bao jun
July 22nd, 2015, 10:15 AM
I measure my hair, inasmuch as I do measure it, in a single braid. With my hairtype, the length can vary quite a lot from day to day and in a braid its most consistent. Also, with my hair type, a braid stretches it out longer. My hair looks much longer in a braid than it ever does loose, though I know this is a concept that people with less curly hair than mine have trouble wrapping their minds around.
I am hoping to have a waist length braid one day with decent thickness at the end. It's going to take forever and a day though to get there, not because of slow hair growth, because of shrinkage. In three long years, I've managed to grow it to almost bra strap top, with a huge and abrupt taper. I figure waist (with the same huge taper) is at least three more years away.

rosey4exclaim
July 22nd, 2015, 10:35 AM
I've always wanted my braid to be as long as Duo's from Gundam Wing, which is about Classic (though it changes because he's animated and the animators aren't 100% consistent).

mira-chan
July 28th, 2015, 09:35 AM

Yup! I want a braid long and even enough to wear wrapped around my head comfortably in a wrapped crown braid. I can wrap the braid now length wise but my head tilts sideways so I'm waiting for it to thicken up down the length. I'm at classic length now and staying there to thicken. The final length will probably end up being around upper to mid thigh.

meteor
July 28th, 2015, 11:11 AM
I'm worried that my goal length for braid is evolving the same way as my overall length goal... constantly moving target to Moar! :lol:

I used to want the braid to reach TBL, and now that it does, it doesn't seem enough.
I used to want the braid to wrap around my head, coronet braid-style, and now that it does, it doesn't seem enough.
At the moment I want a braid down to my knees, but I have no idea if I can even get there or if it will still look nice at that length? :hmm: Hmm, the only way to find out is to try...

Anje
July 28th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Yup! I want a braid long and even enough to wear wrapped around my head comfortably in a wrapped crown braid. I can wrap the braid now length wise but my head tilts sideways so I'm waiting for it to thicken up down the length. I'm at classic length now and staying there to thicken. The final length will probably end up being around upper to mid thigh.

This was my standing length goal for a long time -- to be able to comfortably wrap a faux crown braid / coronet braid around my head. Now I've achieved that, but it seriously needs to thicken up. I'm wearing it today, but if I do this often, I'm going to have to remember to switch directions so I don't get lopsided muscles on my neck! It doesn't help that I've got bangs growing out and my hair has apparently decided to thicken from where it has been holding for years, so I've got ages of thickness to keep growing out.

mira-chan
July 28th, 2015, 01:31 PM
This was my standing length goal for a long time -- to be able to comfortably wrap a faux crown braid / coronet braid around my head. Now I've achieved that, but it seriously needs to thicken up. I'm wearing it today, but if I do this often, I'm going to have to remember to switch directions so I don't get lopsided muscles on my neck! It doesn't help that I've got bangs growing out and my hair has apparently decided to thicken from where it has been holding for years, so I've got ages of thickness to keep growing out.

That's great to hear that your thickness is moving down!

I can get mine somewhat balanced but it has to be the day after wash and braid it just right. Any other time I still have the head tilting problem. My head starts hurting a couple hours in if it's not balanced.

kidso
August 1st, 2015, 02:11 PM
I want to regrow my hair so I can wear an English braid at TBL again. I had fairy tale ends that gave me a tapered braid. I am currently deciding on whether or not to create a thicker, straighter hemline or let the fairy tale ends take over again.

http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu119/kidso206/ok1bmod.jpg (http://s639.photobucket.com/user/kidso206/media/ok1bmod.jpg.html)

Sharysa
August 1st, 2015, 05:07 PM
I've reached my braid goal already! :D I wanted my hair to stay hip-length in a braid, and that means it's a couple of inches past hip when it's down. When it's in a Dutch braid or pigtails, it still shrinks back up to waist-length, but apparently I got off easy since my hair doesn't compress nearly as much as some other people.

Hairkay
August 1st, 2015, 06:23 PM
I measure my hair, inasmuch as I do measure it, in a single braid. With my hairtype, the length can vary quite a lot from day to day and in a braid its most consistent. Also, with my hair type, a braid stretches it out longer. My hair looks much longer in a braid than it ever does loose, though I know this is a concept that people with less curly hair than mine have trouble wrapping their minds around.
I am hoping to have a waist length braid one day with decent thickness at the end. It's going to take forever and a day though to get there, not because of slow hair growth, because of shrinkage. In three long years, I've managed to grow it to almost bra strap top, with a huge and abrupt taper. I figure waist (with the same huge taper) is at least three more years away.

It's the same with me. I can see more length with hair plaited/braided. It'll still shrink, curl, twist, kink a bit some minutes after I've done my hair but after that it'll stay the same. Twists don't work that well. They'll continue to keep shrinking and try to spiral throughout the day. The following day they'll still shrink some more. People do tend to like the look of the twists better than the braids but they ask if I've cut my hair. I'd like a mid back to waist plait/braid.

Katis
August 1st, 2015, 10:18 PM
I would like to have a waist length braid someday.