PDA

View Full Version : Prenatal vitamins

windinherhair
April 16th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Years ago I started to take a prenatal vitamin for my hair after someone recommended it to me. I really don't know if it has done much to help my hair. I have seen more posts on this site about biotin and other supplements. Just curious, does anyone here take a prenatal vitamin for hair? Just wondering if it has done anything to help others.

Where is the best place to buy biotin and others recommended? Just any pharmacy or grocery stores?

windinherhair
April 16th, 2009, 07:38 PM
Sorry! I found a previous thread on this before. No need to reply. Thanks anyway!!

Natalia
April 16th, 2009, 07:42 PM
Ive never taken a prenatal but i think they are more prone to help those with an inadaquate diet so as long as your eating well and dont need extra iron i think they do about the same as a regular multi when it comes to hair but maybe someone else will be able to help you with that :).

As for vitamins the only places we have around here are a target, health food store, and a vitaminshoppe the latter two are too expensive for me and he first isnt very user friendly for those who cant swallow pills but have great prices. I generally order online i use swansonsvitamins.com but there are lots of places. Dont know if i was of any help really but im stuck in bed and thought you should have a reply :p

windinherhair
April 16th, 2009, 07:57 PM
Thanks, I was thinking about changing to a regular multi-vitamin, and adding biotin and silica. Although I am not sure exactly how much I will begin with, and then gradually increase my dose.

Natalia
April 16th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Sounds like you got what ya needed :) good luck <3