PDA

View Full Version : My new hair routine

marialena
April 16th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I will write it here because it worked very well in my 1a waist length hair and I think it might interest the rest 1a ladies.

Well. I first wash my hair with olive oil soap. I wash them twice and I always rinse very well. I never rub the soap on my head or hair but I use only the foam.

After the second hand of soap I untangle my hair with a comp that has very wide teeth. Then I use as rinse 1 liter of water with 1 tablespoon of thyme honey diluted in there ( which I have first put it in the microwave for one minute in order to become softer and not change my hair color).

I leave it on my hair for 1 minute and then I rinse it with lukewarm water.

In the end I rinse my hair with very very cold water.
I dry them a little with a towel and then I put just a little coconut oil in the ends of my hair..

Then I blow dry them ( don't freak out I have very sensitive ears and my doctor does not allow me to leave my hair wet).

Thats it.. My hair is double shiny than before, very soft but not greasy at all and my hair ends are in very good condition.

The best is that my hair don't shed. No shedding at all.

I wash my hair every 4 days.

That's my hair routine and if you try it I would like to know what results had in your hair. :)

GreenLee
April 16th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Thank you for posting this! I do not have your hair type, but I love how simple your routine sounds, and the natural ingredients. I'll be giving this a try when I get moved out of my FIL's (the water is very hard here).

Stephanie
April 16th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Thanks for posting this! I, too, blowdry, but not as frequently as you, and always on a cool, low intensity.

Jessikinz
April 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Your hair routine sounds very nice and easy to do. I do not have your hair type, but I like how simple your routine is and not so heavy :)

ratgirldjh
April 16th, 2009, 02:35 PM
What kind of olive oil soap do you use? I have tried Kiss My Face Olive oil soap and it made my hair very dry - which is weird because it made my hands very soft!

Anje
April 16th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Sounds like a nice routine. You must have incredible water, though -- there's no way I could comb my hair (especially wet!) after using any sort of soap/shampoo bar on my hair without an acidic rinse afterward, even now that I have a water softener. I may have to try the honey rinse, though... it sounds lovely and moisturizing, and my hair wants all the moisture it can get.

marialena
April 16th, 2009, 05:12 PM
What kind of olive oil soap do you use? I have tried Kiss My Face Olive oil soap and it made my hair very dry - which is weird because it made my hands very soft!

I use a local brand ( nothing special.. It is a very cheap brand too) . I had the same problem rinsing the soap but I realized that the problem wasn't the soap, ( if it has totally natural ingredients and no animal fats inside), but the fact that I was rubbing the soap on my head and hair. You must never rub the soap on your hair. I make the foam on my hands and then I apply it on my hair roots after I have wet them very very well with hot water ( it takes a little time but it works).

Another thing that I do is that I wash my hair bending over the bathtub. ( otherwise you can't wash long hair properly ) and of course I have a high pressure tub -something :lol: :lol: ( I don't know how its called... this thing that you have it in the bathtub in order to have a shower... anyway..laugh freely :cheese: )

As for the dryness I think that honey moisturizes hair but I don't use it as a leave in rinse because my hair are very fine and become sticky (with this special kind of honey; I didn't rinse it the first time and my hair become like I had put on them some kind of hair gel. Not something dangerous but wet-look is old fashioned :p)

marialena
April 16th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Sounds like a nice routine. You must have incredible water, though -- there's no way I could comb my hair (especially wet!) after using any sort of soap/shampoo bar on my hair without an acidic rinse afterward, even now that I have a water softener. I may have to try the honey rinse, though... it sounds lovely and moisturizing, and my hair wants all the moisture it can get.

Try to comb them after the rinse. If you comb them then the last rinse with the cold water will make them very very shiny and will remove anything that has been left from the soap. ( by the time that the water is very hard.. ) .

Now that you said about hard water...
Another trick that I have tried it sometimes is to collect rain water. But I don't do it very often because Athens is a big city and the rain water is not always so clear. So I collect rain water only during thunderstorms and I filter it afterwards ( just in case :eyebrows:) in order to use it for the last cold rinse.
Cold water helps also the blood circulation on the scalp. Is very good, I saw difference after I started doing the last rinse with cold water ( as cold as I bear. )