PDA

View Full Version : My New Ingredients!

Natalia
April 15th, 2009, 08:08 PM
Hello all! Ok well for easter i got a lovely little gift basket of some things ive been wanting to try :D! Who knew that people actually listened to my hair bable :p. Anyway between that and an order i placed last night (found a great sale :) ) i have quite a few fun things to experiment with and could use some advice. By the way if this belongs in herbal please feel free to move i put it here becasue it seemes to fit better. Anyway the things i have or am expecting this week are:

-100% Shea Butter Solid
-Sweet Almod Oil
- Glycerine (not veggie though)
- AO Aloe Gel
- Powdered MSM

Im also getting some Grandpa's Soaps but thats for my skin :p not that im opposed to a few tips for that as well. I have a few plans for the aloe, shea, and almond but theres plenty to use and i could use ideas. I did some searching around on glycerine and the sum of it seems to be its great to use if your in a moist enviornment but if its dry stay away. Would i be able to use it if i misted my hair periodicly afterwards to add moisture? I plan on using the MSM internally but ive heard of using it topically (thanks for the PM by the way :) ) has anyone else tried that?

Ive also had alot of fall out and scalp dryness/itching would any of the things i have help with that? Im a bit of a cluless lump when it comes to this mix and match thing i usually buy from a recipe but there are so many! I figure if i buy what my skin can tolerate and find a way to mix it all up my hair should enjoy it too :)

Thanks everyone!
Natalia

rose_in_bloom
April 16th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Oooh, you got some awesome stuff there! :) Here's a few ideas:

-Glycerine: you could use this along with the aloe gel and almond oil to make Kimberlily's defrizz spray if you have trouble with frizzies.

-Shea butter/almond oil: mix these with conditioner to make Fox's shea butter conditioning cream (awesome stuff for dry ends!)

HTH

Natalia
April 16th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Thanks Rose In Bloom! I havent seen the recipe for the defrizz spray but it sounds great :) I"ll try to find it in the limbo of LHC :p. Im so excited to try everything :D

rose_in_bloom
April 16th, 2009, 01:24 AM
Here's the recipe for the defrizz spray, just to save you some searching. :)

In a 4oz mister, mix the following:

2 tbsp aloe gel
1 tsp jojoba (note: I've used almond oil, and it works just fine)
1 tsp glycerin (you can leave it out if you don't have any)
essential oils of choice

Add distilled water until full, then shake. Spray can be used as a detangler, and it encourages wonderful waves especially when used for damp bunning. Tap water can be used, but distilled water is better since it will keep longer. I have hard water, so I never use tap water.

I don't just use it on my hair. Here are some other uses:

* If you omit the essential oils, it is a wonderful eye makeup remover. Just spritz on a cotton pad and swipe away your makeup.
* Keep it in the fridge in the summer for a refreshing moisturizing spritz after coming in from the sun.
* Spritz on your legs and use it for shaving if you're in a rush and have no time to shower.

Natalia
April 16th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Oh thank you! That sounds awesome, my mom and aunt (curlies) will love thsi too :D