PDA

View Full Version : How much would YOU pay?

JamieRose
April 15th, 2009, 04:22 PM
I was having this conversation with a friend, and I was curious as to what everyone on here would say- How much would you actually pay for hair? As in, your natural, healthy hair to just magically grow in seconds. Since I waitress... and usually make about ten dollars/hour when I waitress... I'd say I'd pay 20 bucks for an inch. (I would have paid more when growing out my pixie...!) I'm also really desperate. :p

Or maybe a better question would be "What's the craziest thing you would do for instant hair length?" I'd give up TV AND internet. For weeks. Or a month. Or more. And I'm a big reality TV VH1 addict (sadly).

RancheroTheBee
April 15th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Well, I have about forty-four cents to my name, so I couldn't pay anything... But I would give up long baths, chocolate and Dr. Pepper for longer hair. And those thing are important to me.

Rebel_Dream
April 15th, 2009, 04:26 PM
Yeah. It depends mostly on everything.

GlassEyes
April 15th, 2009, 04:29 PM
I'm pretty sure there's a similar thread to this one, and the OP said 20 in the first post too!

I think.

Anyway, I'd have no problem shelling out twenty bucks per curly inch. It'd be worth it so I could cut off that last MEASLY inch of hair that is still bleach damaged.

Then I'd pay to about APL and grow myself. Too expensive. XD;

Note that while I say this, though, my head is screaming "THE ECONOMY, THE ECONOMY, SAVE IT FOR COLEGE, BLAH BLAH BLAH", and my practical side would probably win out. But how often would you get offered to instantaneously change something you spend MONTHS trying to achieve. It's worth it just for the extra time to enjoy something.

JamieRose
April 15th, 2009, 04:31 PM
I think I could even give up CHEESE.

JamieRose
April 15th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Glasseyes, when I made this I was thinking, "I bet everyone will think I'm a materialistic idiot..."

But I figure that the money would otherwise be spent on hair toys or products that I do NOT need that would just keep me occupied until it get's longer, ha.

Which, seeing as I can't get wonderful magical instant hair growth, I will probably go spend on monistat (shh)

RancheroTheBee
April 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Which, seeing as I can't get wonderful magical instant hair growth, I will probably go spend on monistat (shh)

Which would cost less than what you would have originally spent!

enfys
April 15th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Hmm. I think I could get away with using a bit of the wedding budget for it, but probably no more than £10/inch, and I'd want a discount for bulk purchasing!

I'd happily give free lecturing and education on haircare in exchange for growth, and also offer services such as S&D.

People buy extensions, and they're only temporary!

cocolover
April 15th, 2009, 05:10 PM
If hair growth was available for $20 an inch I would consider it a bargain! I would spend $100 and buy my way to waist :D If only....

Islandgrrl
April 15th, 2009, 05:16 PM
Hmmm....could I justify buying 25 inches of hair? Nope. I don't think so.

I'll have to do it the old fashioned way.

Dammit!

spidermom
April 15th, 2009, 05:21 PM
Pay for hair? Well, let's see, I once paid about $50 for two wigs. That's about the limit. And I'd have to get exactly what I want, not merely an inch (or three).

NeilTheFuzz
April 15th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I'd hit myself really hard in the gentleman vegitables for hip length hair! :run:

If you could promise me I'll never go bald, I'd give up all forms of transport forever except my bicycle and boat - I would like to see other parts of the world at some point! :)

myotislucifugus
April 15th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Call me cheap, but I wouldn't pay for instant hair, I'm enjoying every stage right now, and learning new ways to care for it. I think the shock of going from "midback" to ankle would lead to damage and heartache in the long run.

pointydog
April 15th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I would gladly pay $500 or more to have my hair magically grow back to the knee-length I hacked off. I would pay lots more than that to be back to the weight I was at that time!

If money could buy hair though, anyone could have it and without the commitment. Then I probably wouldn't want it.

LittleOrca
April 15th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I think if it were $10 an inch, I would go for it! But it would have to be healthy hair, nothing broken. :)

I think the craziest thing I would do for instant long hair would have to be... maybe going topless at the Oregon Country Fair (since its permitted!) or sitting in a kiddy pool in my mermaid tail there all day so little kids could meet a mermaid! (The attention can by fun, but too much of it and I bite!)

InTheCity
April 15th, 2009, 06:50 PM
my last 4-5 inches of healthy, thick hair?

A few months ago I would have said I'd pay $1000 to go from shoulder (18ish) to 26 inches.

But now that I've seen such good growth by giving up damage (go figure), I think I might only pay $200 to get my last 4-5 inches.

Teacherbear
April 15th, 2009, 06:53 PM
I wouldn't. I'm not so anxious for longer hair these days. I use to be, but I don't know that I'd part with money for longer hair. Heck, I never bought vitamins or other treatments that were rumored to grow hair faster.

SHELIAANN1969
April 15th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I'd hit myself really hard in the gentleman vegitables for hip length hair! :run:

If you could promise me I'll never go bald, I'd give up all forms of transport forever except my bicycle and boat - I would like to see other parts of the world at some point! :)

Neil, I almost choked on my Ginger Ale when I read that. :rollin: that is a horrible mental picture I had right there, South Park or Jackass style mental pictures! :justy:

ETA: I forgot the original question :rolleyes: I allready pay vast amounts for all kinds of toys and conditioners and oils, I am afraid I couldn't cough up anymore than I allready do.

camirra555
April 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
Most I'd pay is probably $50 per inch and I want at least 8 more inches. Hopefully it's something you can put on your credit card haha

Nat242
April 15th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I wouldn't pay for it - why pay for what grows out of my head for free? If I wanted to buy long hair, I'd get extensions.

longhairedfairy
April 15th, 2009, 07:22 PM
I think I could even give up CHEESE.

I'm astounded! :agape:

longhairedfairy
April 15th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Neil, I almost choked on my Ginger Ale when I read that. :rollin:

Me too! Well, I didn't actually almost choke on your ginger ale, but you get the point.

leahrachelle
April 15th, 2009, 09:44 PM
As a teenager, I would give up absolutely everything except my boyfriend. I would do do any type of work all day for months - just for 4 inches. My hair has grown maybe an inch in almost a year, and I am getting very impatient.

Toadstool
April 15th, 2009, 09:50 PM
I'd certainly pay £10 for an inch. But I'd have to do it inch by inch due to finances! Might manage four a monthy though which would be fabulous!

Finoriel
April 16th, 2009, 01:22 AM
I would not pay anything. Not even a cent. Out of principle.
Why pay for it when I can wait it out with a little patience? Doing nothing except going on with my life? :wink: Hair grows best when you´re not watching.

Noctifer
April 16th, 2009, 01:40 AM
I dont think i would pay anything for hair but then my hair seems to grow close to a inch every month so no need to pay for longer hair

Pegasus Marsters
April 16th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Not a thing. Hair is free if you have a little patience. ^.^

Heavenly Locks
April 16th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Well, hair IS free...but you'd be paying for the convenience of speed and not having to wait. Human beings sure can be an impatient lot.

Tell you one thing, I'd love/appreciate my hair more probably if I spent all the time I will need to to grow it to my goal. If I could "charge" it, I'd be robbing myself of that sense of accomplishment.

Maybe I'd just pay to get to waist and go from there ;)

janeytilllie
April 16th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Cool thread :flower:

I would love instant growing hair which I could buy :D but...

I would miss the joy of waiting and achieving growth naturally. I love finding out by the end of the month if I have grown an 1/2 inch. I would miss celebrating it :rollin:

JamieRose
April 16th, 2009, 09:15 AM
pointydog brought up a good point... If it was so easy to have long hair instantly, everyone would have it, and I probably wouldn't want it as much. I'm growing it out to prove I have the patience (barely), commitment, and will power.

But 4 extra inches right now couldn't possibly hurt if I'm still gonna grow, eh? :P

KajiKodomo
April 16th, 2009, 12:13 PM
My principles say that I wouldn't pay for hair growth, but I really want my hair long enough to at least be able to bun it so that I can forget about it and let it grow. It's too short for that now, haha! :D

Aisha25
April 16th, 2009, 12:25 PM
Why pay when I get it for free already:wink:

MoonCreature
April 16th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't pay anything for instant long hair :p I find the growing-progress and caring for my hair to get more growth a part of the fun, instant long hair would take away that from me.

CindyLea1
April 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM
Oh buddy! Any one need a left arm? LOL

I would love to be able to have knee length hair tomorrow.

I really enjoy growing my hair, and all the funny looks my husband gives me when I do weird things. But, today I have no patience for it!

Ask me tomorrow and I'll probably give you nothing!

Pixna
April 16th, 2009, 01:51 PM
I would gladly pay $10 to $20 per inch to have TB-length hair by tomorrow. For those whose hair is already long, I can see why you wouldn't want to anty up. For those of us growing out pixies, patience is a tough commodity.

Kiraela
April 16th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I'd gladly pay $10 an inch, if I could get a discount for buying 5 or more inches at once. If I could buy my way to classic, you bet your bippy I'd do it! Then I could trim off the last damaged bleachy inches, after a while, and still be at tailbone.

Shanarana
April 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't pay anything for instant long hair :p I find the growing-progress and caring for my hair to get more growth a part of the fun, instant long hair would take away that from me.

I agree....part of the fun of long hair with me is taking good care of it.

Anje
April 16th, 2009, 03:01 PM
Eh, I'm kinda feeling cheap, and now that my hair's past tailbone, I'm just curious to see how long it'll get... What I would pay for is to fast forward about 5 years on the thickening-up-the-ends process, because that's what's going to take a long time for me, and I know I'm going to have to maintain a few years even at the point it is now to really get it the way I want it.

JamieRose
April 16th, 2009, 04:33 PM
Well, dang, if I had your hair, Aisha, I wouldn't either....It's Disney Princess worthy! So gorgeous it shouldn't even be allowed!!! :p

Forever_Sophie
April 16th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I'm finally at my goal length, but previously...hmmm....maybe, instead of sacrifice tv or food, I'd run, for hours and miles, on my treadmill ;)

marialena
April 16th, 2009, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't pay anything. My hair have their own will :p and even if there was a magic trick to make them grow longer I think that they wouldn't get interested for :lol:

Aisha25
April 16th, 2009, 05:42 PM
Well, dang, if I had your hair, Aisha, I wouldn't either....It's Disney Princess worthy! So gorgeous it shouldn't even be allowed!!! :p
:lol: lol Thanks!!

Tap Dancer
April 16th, 2009, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't pay anything. I'm okay with waiting for it to grow on its own for free. :p

MemSahib
April 16th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I already paid about 7 years TLC and a superfund of patience, which in the long run is the only coinage possible for long hair.

susiemw
April 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Length I can do without a problem.... so I wouldn't pay for that... however, for more thickness? or for curls?
those I'd give some serious thought about... and definitely would pay some bucks for them.

Susan.

lizzyjo
April 16th, 2009, 10:51 PM
This just makes me think, what if we really did have to buy hair, and our wealth was determined by how long our hair was.

Isn't it great that we can have great hair no matter how rich or poor we are?

Sorry to threadjack. Carry on.

Wicked Princess
April 17th, 2009, 12:29 AM
I'm fairly new to growing my hair long, let alone taking good care of it, so at this point I'd pay a lot to have hair down to my knees. Even if it was temporary. You see, the last time I had it that long, I was very little and I do remember liking it - instant hair length would certainly help me determine if all my patience is worth it - a very important detail for someone as crazily impatient as myself, hehe.

I'd certainly be willing to pay hundreds of dollars per inch if it was guaranteed to be luscious, thick, and healthy all the way down to the end (and you know...wouldn't thin and whatnot)!

Zindell
April 17th, 2009, 02:08 AM
I wouldn't pay at all. And I wouldn't want my hair to instantly grow out.

I am actually enjoying the road, and I think I will appreciate my long hair even more after longing for it for so long time. :D

Jessclewlow
April 17th, 2009, 03:16 AM
oh man... for long beautiful hair i would give loads... i have some of them clip in ones ( which are actually pretty darn good) that i paid £30 for and make my hair down my back :D -- took bloody hours putting the clips and stuff on though... but was worth it untill my own decides to grow :D