PDA

View Full Version : Bella Swan's Hairstyle

Sammybunny711
April 15th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Hello all! I was wondering if any of you had or liked Bella Swan's hairstyle in the *movie version* of "Twilight". I absolutely ADORE that hairstyle and I am going to try for it when my hair is that length. I was wondering what you should say to a stylist if you are going in and want that style. I would of course try and have a picture (I will also have probably another year and a half to wait until I can get it...) Just wanted to see what you all thought.

amaiaisabella
April 15th, 2009, 01:53 PM
I, too, loved her hair, but as a finey it would be darn near impossible to replicate that volume and thickness :( And those waves! *sighs* Too bad the actress wears her hair in those popular poufy styles normally!

AJoifulNoise
April 15th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Actually, part of her hair was fake. Just, FYI. It was easier to have it styled ahead of time and attached to her head than for her to sit through however long it would take to style her actual hair.

Not to burst any bubbles. Just thought I'd say so.

*slinks out of thread, having admitted she knows too much*

pointydog
April 15th, 2009, 02:05 PM
that style has layers. I would not want layers growing out (but that's me).
I think you could set on large rollers, especially to get the volume at the scalp.
Interesting two-tone brunette too. Not sure if it would look as nice if it wasn't dyed like that.

pointydog
April 15th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I didn't see the post from Ajoifulnoise before I replied, now the layers and colors make more sense.

RancheroTheBee
April 15th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Actually, part of her hair was fake. Just, FYI. It was easier to have it styled ahead of time and attached to her head than for her to sit through however long it would take to style her actual hair.

Not to burst any bubbles. Just thought I'd say so.

*slinks out of thread, having admitted she knows too much*

Bah, I was going to mention that, too. I also know way too much. Did you know that the Nomads weren't actually barefoot? They were wearing slippers painted like feet. I'm done now.

Yeah, she had pre-styled hair pieces. That said, her hair looked fabulous. Her real hair isn't that much different, it's just shorter and more ashy colored. I'm also hoping to achieve a similar style one day. But, if I had my way, I'd go with looking like Victoria. Man. Did you guys see her hair? It's perfect. Beyond perfect. *squeals with envy*

ETA: http://twilightguide.com/tg/wp-content/themes/Aspire/graphics/cat/twilight-movie-photos/victoria-hair-twilight.jpg

There we go. Visual reference.

AJoifulNoise
April 15th, 2009, 02:16 PM
RancheroTheBee- *chuckles* Can I have that in red? I'll even take the leaves. :inlove:

RancheroTheBee
April 15th, 2009, 02:23 PM
RancheroTheBee- *chuckles* Can I have that in red? I'll even take the leaves. :inlove:

Haha, of course. The leaves are mandatory. Nomad hair toys. :grin:

Sammybunny711
April 15th, 2009, 02:29 PM
I would *Definitely* not be dying my hair, and I am sure that part of it was fake, but I just REALLY love it. Thankfully, my ends are pretty wavy and I think I could get it if I rolled the scalp hair in rollers but I am just envious of the length right now...

It is a little bit shorter than waist, I think, but I am one of those weirdos, who likes growing out in layers.

Jessaka
April 15th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Heh, I didn't realize she had hair pieces in there. But yeah, I like when her hair has curls to it...it's nice :)

Pegasus Marsters
April 15th, 2009, 03:48 PM

How did Victoria wind up looking blonde in the movie?! The actress has red hair. Epic fail! She should have FLAME red hair. That really cheesed me off.

Isn't Bella's hair just loose layered waves through the film?

If you're going to a salon to get it done then you need to take pictures of her with you to the salon... But if your hair isn't naturally the type that's going to wave and flick then you're going to have to style it every. single. day.

neenerbabe
April 15th, 2009, 04:10 PM
How did Victoria wind up looking blonde in the movie?! The actress has red hair. Epic fail! She should have FLAME red hair. That really cheesed me off.

LOL I was just thinking that. Wasn't there a part in one of the books where Bella saw something really far away across the bay and it was Victoria's hair, flaming red? I pictured her as a henna head, lol!!! The funny part is here is a pic with her with red hair. Why didn't she have that in the movie?

http://www.etmltd.com/site_images/female/LEFEVRE.jpg

I have the same problems reconciling the Harry Potter books with the movies too, I can't help but think 'wait a minute, that's not how the story goes!!!!' like a 5 year old. :rolleyes:

Bella's hair was pretty nice though, and long layers can be gorgeous. Geez, almost everyone in that movie had drool-worthy hair, men included. The character Laurent's dreads rocked!

RancheroTheBee
April 15th, 2009, 04:30 PM

Isn't Bella's hair just loose layered waves through the film?

If you're going to a salon to get it done then you need to take pictures of her with you to the salon... But if your hair isn't naturally the type that's going to wave and flick then you're going to have to style it every. single. day.

They used the really weird filter in the movies that made everything look blue. Also, they were in the Pacific North West, during spring. I used to go to Vancouver every spring, and everything there looks... yeah. Blue. Photos often turned out bluish if it was cloudly. In the end scene, where she's staring at Edward and Bella, her hair looks way more red, in a very natural way.

cocolover
April 15th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Okay, I was wondering why Kristen's hair looked so thick in the movie and then you see pics from interviews and she has quite a bit less hair! I love her hair in the movie too. I'm hoping because of my hair type that I can do a few of the styles as my hair gets longer.
I think the actress that plays Victoria looks a lot better with the red hair. Maybe they did the blonder look because it washes her out more. She looks more alive with the red hair.

viking_quest
April 15th, 2009, 07:12 PM
When I saw Twilight I loved Bella's hair and then I found out that I could achieve the same exact hairstyle by doing nothing, albeit mine was quite a bit shorter. I can't do that now though.

Canarygirl
April 15th, 2009, 08:57 PM
It's beenn too long since I saw this movie and I can't remember Bella's hair. Anybody have a favorite pic of the hairstyle?

I kind of couldn't warm up to Edward played by whats-his-name. That was disappointing. And Dr. Cullen...wouldn't have cast that actor to play him either. Oh well, never mind! :)

marajade
April 15th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I loved her hair in the movie. I almost considered cutting my hair a little bit to achieve that hairstyle. As far as her hair "type" since it was loose waves and curls I could probably pull it off. A wonder if a bumpit would help- I guess rolling the top with rollers would help too.

misspriss
April 15th, 2009, 09:29 PM
I kind of couldn't warm up to Edward played by whats-his-name. That was disappointing. And Dr. Cullen...wouldn't have cast that actor to play him either. Oh well, never mind! :)

I thought they were perfect, but I saw the movie which inspired me to read the books. I was just wondering, do they not fit what you imagined when you read the books (assuming reading the books before the movie)? or just not think they were a good actor for the part?

sorry soooo off the topic.

I love love loved Bella's hair. Long and wavy. I like the two tone look she has going on too, but I don't think I could get that.

And Victoria's hair, I wondered why it wasn't red too!

RancheroTheBee
April 15th, 2009, 10:10 PM
It's beenn too long since I saw this movie and I can't remember Bella's hair. Anybody have a favorite pic of the hairstyle?

http://gossipteen.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/kristen-stewart-photos-4.jpg

This is Kristen Stewart normally.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/bella.jpg

This is a screenshot from Twilight. It was really hard finding a scene where all her hair is showing.

But for reals? I loved Dr. Cullen. *pervy growl*

misspriss
April 15th, 2009, 10:14 PM
I noticed it the most in the scene where they are in biology class, you can really see the two-tone color there. But I can't find any pictures of that online (I have been trying) and I don't know anything about screen shots....Well maybe I'll try and get one.

misspriss
April 15th, 2009, 10:30 PM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/bella.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/flamescheergirl/bellahair.jpg

It looks shorter in this picture, but it's supposed to be the same "day"...

RancheroTheBee
April 15th, 2009, 11:15 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/flamescheergirl/bellahair.jpg

It looks shorter in this picture, but it's supposed to be the same "day"...

Blargh. Yeah, it looks straighter in the first picture, too. Stupid Washington humidity, yeah? :p

misspriss
April 15th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Blargh. Yeah, it looks straighter in the first picture, too. Stupid Washington humidity, yeah? :p

HA ha yeah. I love the hairstyle though.

Pegasus Marsters
April 16th, 2009, 12:54 AM
LOL I was just thinking that. Wasn't there a part in one of the books where Bella saw something really far away across the bay and it was Victoria's hair, flaming red? I pictured her as a henna head, lol!!! The funny part is here is a pic with her with red hair. Why didn't she have that in the movie?

Bella's hair was pretty nice though, and long layers can be gorgeous. Geez, almost everyone in that movie had drool-worthy hair, men included. The character Laurent's dreads rocked!

Victoria should at least have had hair the colour of mine! (Oh come on, I'd make an awesome evil Nomad and you know it. :twisted: )

Laurent's dreads did rock, and he was shockingly sexy (Anyone see him in House M.D.? Looks like a different guy! But it annoyed me they made him black as he's described as olive skinned in the book.

On casting... for me it was pretty perfect for the Cullen's/Hale's, to be honest. When I saw the very first promo pics I shrieked "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT ON JASPERS HEAD?!" and I'm soooo glad they actually fixed his hair for the movie instead of that awful wig. Their appearances may not have been perfect (Alice needed shorter hair, and Emmett should have been meatier) but it was as perfect as it was going to get and they all played their roles well, in my opinion.

I can honestly say, right now, that if any one of the Cullen/Hale boys (or Alice for that matter) propositioned me I would accept without a moments hesitation. This is basically the first time I've ever fallen for a whole freaking family of fictional characters! :lol: And I want them all for totally different reasons!

Ok, I'm going to go crawl back under my rock now.

neenerbabe
April 16th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Ok, I'm going to go crawl back under my rock now.

ROFLOL, well I can pretty much relate to everything you have said about the Twilight characters, our rocks must be similar. :D

Heidi_234
April 16th, 2009, 08:17 AM
ETA: http://twilightguide.com/tg/wp-content/themes/Aspire/graphics/cat/twilight-movie-photos/victoria-hair-twilight.jpg

This hair looks burned with heat and peroxide, it has got "woolly" dry look to it. Apart from the volume (which only looks good on TV, like many other things in life), there's very little to be jealous about this mane of hair. Not to mention it's 95% fake and styled. :shrug: Sorry to bust the bubble guys. :nono:

Unzadi
April 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Victoria should at least have had hair the colour of mine! (Oh come on, I'd make an awesome evil Nomad and you know it. :twisted: )

But Pegs...we thought you already were an awesome evil Nomad. (says she who has neither seen the movie nor read the books yet, but is all about threads on movie hair.)

marajade
April 16th, 2009, 09:08 AM
This hair looks burned with heat and peroxide, it has got "woolly" dry look to it. Apart from the volume (which only looks good on TV, like many other things in life), there's very little to be jealous about this mane of hair. Not to mention it's 95% fake and styled. :shrug: Sorry to bust the bubble guys. :nono:

Agreed- she needs a SMT.

Sammybunny711
April 16th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Heehee. I'm glad this thread is providing such entertainment! :cheese: I agree with what people are saying about Victoria's hair. She really needs an SMT!

Firefly
April 16th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Another Bella's hair fan chiming in. :D I liked Victoria's too but agree about the wooly look. I have a friend IRL who has hair like that, only healthy (she's never died or permed, it's naturally like that), and it is so gorgeous I could cry!

Incidentally, I'd read the book first but though the casting choices for Bella and Edward were spot-on. YMMV. :)

Heidi_234
April 16th, 2009, 10:13 AM
lol and some coconut oil would be nice too. :lol:

Sammybunny711
April 16th, 2009, 10:38 AM
LOL. Coconut oil would do wonders for her!

RancheroTheBee
April 16th, 2009, 10:40 AM
lol and some coconut oil would be nice too. :lol:

I continue to vehemently defend Victoria's character, because I'm completely in love with the actress who plays her, so... Yeah. I'm still jealous of her, leaves and all.

Aww, Pegs. You're our resident nomad. :) Promise. And I agree, I was a little irked by Alice's hair. When I first read the books, I looked like this: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/february.jpg and thought, Yay! I are Alice! But she had this little nape-length 'do and completely shattered my dreams. :(

Canarygirl
April 16th, 2009, 12:36 PM
I thought they were perfect, but I saw the movie which inspired me to read the books. I was just wondering, do they not fit what you imagined when you read the books (assuming reading the books before the movie)? or just not think they were a good actor for the part?

sorry soooo off the topic.

I love love loved Bella's hair. Long and wavy. I like the two tone look she has going on too, but I don't think I could get that.

And Victoria's hair, I wondered why it wasn't red too!

Yeah, I read the books starting last summer and I guess I had a picture in my mind that Edward (and Dr Cullen) didn't match. I plan to watch the movie again though, so I might change my mind. I wish that the book series hadn't ended....maybe Stephanie Meyer will write a spin-off, with Bella/Edward's child as the main character. :eyebrows:

Canarygirl
April 16th, 2009, 12:38 PM
back to the hair topic, how would you guess that two-toned hair effect was achieved? Chunky low-lighting? Or did they puposely make the hair extensions a darker color?

Pegasus Marsters
April 16th, 2009, 03:34 PM
But Pegs...we thought you already were an awesome evil Nomad. (says she who has neither seen the movie nor read the books yet, but is all about threads on movie hair.)
:twisted: Well... I'm certainly evil and I wouldn't mind chewing on some peoples necks.

Aww, Pegs. You're our resident nomad. :) Promise. And I agree, I was a little irked by Alice's hair. When I first read the books, I looked like this: http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b198/emagdalene/february.jpg and thought, Yay! I are Alice! But she had this little nape-length 'do and completely shattered my dreams. :(

YAY ME! :lol: Reading the Twilight books was what finally made me like my real name. When you think Victoria you think fat depressed Queen of England, right? And then Victoria came into Twilight and I was like... wow. Victoria can fit a kickass character. ;) I'll happily be a nomad. I have the name, I have the hair... now where's my James?! :lol: (And I just considered that it's vaguely amusing that James and Victoria are both nomads... that's mine and my dads names.)

I saw Alice's hair style differently to that.... Something more like this, really: http://www.celebrity-beauty-tip-goldmine.com/images/WinnonaRyderPixie1.jpg

Don't get me wrong, Alice is freakin adorable even if I thought the hair wasn't quite what I wanted. :lol:

Yeah, I read the books starting last summer and I guess I had a picture in my mind that Edward (and Dr Cullen) didn't match. I plan to watch the movie again though, so I might change my mind. I wish that the book series hadn't ended....maybe Stephanie Meyer will write a spin-off, with Bella/Edward's child as the main character. :eyebrows:

There was meant to be a book called Midnight Sun which was Twilight from Edward's POV, but it was leaked on the net and now it doesn't look like Meyer will ever finish it. But please... please... don't submit us to MORE Renesmee. Anything but that! The series already ended on a bad point in my opinion (I hated Breaking Dawn) with the "O, ok! We go home now! Bye guys! ^.^" Oooooh, give me half a chance and I'll whip that ending into shape and there WILL be blood. :twisted:

longhairedfairy
April 16th, 2009, 07:22 PM
YAY ME! :lol: Reading the Twilight books was what finally made me like my real name. When you think Victoria you think fat depressed Queen of England, right?

I think of Victoria from CATS!:kitten:

windinherhair
April 16th, 2009, 08:01 PM
I liked it, although I noticed when I was reading the book that Bella had really long hair down her back. I can't remember exactly where it was, but I do remember reading it. I think it may have been one of the moments in her room with Edward when they were lying down together.

When I watched the DVD, I noticed how they said they had Bella wear hair pieces in the movie so they didn't have to do her hair again for all scenes.

marajade
April 16th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I remembered how much I liked this movie- watching it since bf was nice enough to rent it for me. :)

misspriss
April 16th, 2009, 10:15 PM
YAY ME! :lol: Reading the Twilight books was what finally made me like my real name. When you think Victoria you think fat depressed Queen of England, right? And then Victoria came into Twilight and I was like... wow. Victoria can fit a kickass character. ;)

The books were good for me too. Seeing the words "beautiful" and "pale" in the same sentence so many times helped me to appriciate my natural skin tone.

For the two tone color, I'm sure the extensions were just a different color. Maybe it was planned, maybe they screwed up the first day and liked it...:P

Canarygirl
April 16th, 2009, 11:16 PM
reading the books made me appreciate the wet/grey atmospheric weather of the Pacific Northwest. It did. It did. Really. Ok, who am I kidding, I still hate it.

misspriss
April 16th, 2009, 11:35 PM
reading the books made me appreciate the wet/grey atmospheric weather of the Pacific Northwest. It did. It did. Really. Ok, who am I kidding, I still hate it.

HAHA yeah, I get you there. I kinda would like it sometimes, if it wasn't cold! I like greyish, dreary type weather, but not cold weather.

Pegasus Marsters
April 17th, 2009, 03:03 PM
The books were good for me too. Seeing the words "beautiful" and "pale" in the same sentence so many times helped me to appriciate my natural skin tone.

Hey, pale skin is the shiz! And the Cullens have dark circles under their eyes. Maybe I should learn to love mine. ;)

I hate it too... but maybe the vampires live here, as English weather is miserable. :silly:

florenonite
April 18th, 2009, 09:49 AM
Hey, pale skin is the shiz! And the Cullens have dark circles under their eyes. Maybe I should learn to love mine. ;)

I hate it too... but maybe the vampires live here, as English weather is miserable. :silly:

I have decided, based on this evidence, that I must be a vampire. Pale skin? Check! Dark under-eye circles? Check! Living somewhere with awful weather? Check!

Now if only I were beautiful ... :p

misspriss
April 19th, 2009, 12:34 AM
I have decided, based on this evidence, that I must be a vampire. Pale skin? Check! Dark under-eye circles? Check! Living somewhere with awful weather? Check!

Now if only I were beautiful ... :p

Don't kid yourself sweety, you are beautiful!! :D

florenonite
April 19th, 2009, 07:58 AM
Don't kid yourself sweety, you are beautiful!! :D

Aww, thank you :)

Pegasus Marsters
April 20th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Don't be a daft ass Florenonite.

Maybe we can form our own wee vampire coven? :inlove:

RancheroTheBee
April 20th, 2009, 11:25 PM

I'll join. I'm often told I am as "cold as death" and "eerie looking". I knew it would come in handy one day.

florenonite
April 21st, 2009, 02:51 AM

I can be a daft ass if I want to, thank you very much ;)

And ooh, a vampire coven :D

Aditi
April 21st, 2009, 05:14 AM
Heh, I didn't realize she had hair pieces in there. But yeah, I like when her hair has curls to it...it's nice :)
I knew it that you would post to this thread Jess. :D

I liked Victoria's hair and also Rosalie's too, Is Rosalie's hair also fake???

misspriss
April 21st, 2009, 08:34 PM
I'd like to join the coven! I'm developing a nice pale....

And my eyes are *kindof* golden, if I wear the right color shirt..

longhairedfairy
April 21st, 2009, 09:08 PM
I'll join. I'm often told I am as "cold as death" and "eerie looking". I knew it would come in handy one day.

Can I join? I'm pale and I've even been mistaken for a ghost once. :lol:

zombi
April 21st, 2009, 09:15 PM

haha, seriously. I have had many friends who referred to me as a vampire for some reason! And I too am a cold as death person. Maybe we're all vampires and we didn't know it!

Katurday
April 21st, 2009, 09:24 PM
When my hair grows out, it does that Bella thing.
Not to mention its the same color...
*sigh*
I hate Twilight.

longhairedfairy
April 22nd, 2009, 12:54 AM
hijack/ I finally watched the movie last night to see what all the fuss was about. Um... It was very teen angst-y, I thought. It had some interesting ideas, though. /end hijack

Canarygirl
April 22nd, 2009, 11:17 AM
I watched this movie again over the weekend and liked it even less than the first time I saw it. I didn't hate it, I just found it really disappointing. A grade "B-" flick, but I digress. I just wanted to post that Victoria's hair looked plenty red in every scene; much more so than in the photo posted in this thread. I thought it was red enough to fit the part.

goodluckcharm
April 22nd, 2009, 11:26 AM
Can I join the coven too???
I have extra-long canine teeth and once one of my friend's younger sisters ran away from me screaming because she thought I was a vampire. I'm also very pale and always cold.
Hmm maybe I'm a vampire already?

longhairedfairy
April 22nd, 2009, 03:20 PM
One thing I really liked was that there were more different body types than in most films. There was also a girl with long hair outside at the dance near the end. I think it was at least waist-length.

AJoifulNoise
April 22nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
One thing I really liked was that there were more different body types than in most films. There was also a girl with long hair outside at the dance near the end. I think it was at least waist-length.

Yes, I saw that. I think it was past waist and maybe hip-length. I was impressed, either way.

longhairedfairy
April 22nd, 2009, 03:51 PM
Yes, I saw that. I think it was past waist and maybe hip-length. I was impressed, either way.

Yeah, and it looked wavy rather than being obviously fried into a fake straight or curly style. They may have used a waving iron, but at least it looked pretty natural.:) I was happy:)

ETA: And I liked that the girls that were not the "ideal" movie body type were allowed to be pretty instead of just being cast as the unpopular/weird/unattractive/insert-insulting-adjective-here girls.

CreativeHere
July 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Yay! I found you guys! I lost the thread a couple of days ago. Oops. :p
Anyway, yes, I do like her hair. Actually I've only seen part of the movie: I watched on my friends iPod during Relay for Life. I think I watched up to the Italian Restaurant part, but since I was watching the hair the entire time, I couldn't tell you. :o But I liked the hair in the part I saw. I think that's it now. :D

Aer
July 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
I didn't see the movie, but I have seen the picture of her. Yes, it is quite beautiful, I think if one was to take apicture of the hairstyle to a GOOD salon, then they would be able to recreate it, and it probably would look nice in any hue you have. It would be admirable, and elegent hair style if someone chose to invest in it, I bet it might take a bit more maintenance than most would care to do though. Good luck to any that decide to do it, and i thoroughly encourage them to. I love long hair that is interesting.

theskeletonkey
July 29th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I did like it but I gotta say I was pretty disappointed that it wasn't
how it was in the book.
It's also pretty disappointing that her hair in new moon isn't even the same.
But I love Rachelle Lefevré's hair alotttttt more.
Especially since it's her natural hair.

Lol!
Anywho...rant over.

Olivia23
July 29th, 2009, 07:32 PM
For whoever asked about if Rosalie's hair was real, no it's not. She is really a brunette. Well I guess her hair is real, just dyed. I don't know if she wears a wig or not, but her name is Nikki Reed. Google her ( too lazy to post a link), and see what I mean. She looks completely different as a blonde.

theskeletonkey
July 29th, 2009, 07:35 PM
For whoever asked about if Rosalie's hair was real, no it's not. She is really a brunette. Well I guess her hair is real, just dyed. I don't know if she wears a wig or not, but her name is Nikki Reed. Google her ( too lazy to post a link), and see what I mean. She looks completely different as a blonde.

You're right, it was just dyed blonde.
But for New moon she will be wearing a wig.
Blonde was too much up-keep!

Rapunzal2Be
July 30th, 2009, 03:55 AM

You're right, it was just dyed blonde.
But for New moon she will be wearing a wig.
Blonde was too much up-keep!

I have no idea why they didn't just find a natural blonde for the part.

Stephichan
July 30th, 2009, 04:38 AM
What I loved most about Bella's hair was her face-framing pieces. I've wanted ones like that my whole life, but woefully my hair just doesn't want them like I do :(

Side note: I didn't particularly like Nikki Reed as Rosalie, nor did I like how costuming dressed her. She was supposed to be flaunting her body and good-looks a lot more from what I gathered from the books. She just wasn't what I expected. I adored Ashley Greene (spelling?) as Alice. Alice is actually my favourite character of all in the books (one of the many reasons I don't like Breaking Dawn is because her friendship with Bella is forcefully shoved away).

CreativeHere
July 30th, 2009, 09:05 AM
I like the little bangs/ face framing hair too. I just think that they'd be pretty annoying if you didn't something to pull them back with. But I can't stand having hair in my face. :p

Maddy25
July 30th, 2009, 09:35 AM
Back when the very first Twilight book came out I started emailing back and forth with Stephenie Meyer :D She sent me her autograph and wrote me a letter a few years back. To keep this on a hair topic I emailed a photo of myself to Stephenie and asked her if they ever made a movie (which we all know it happened but this was before the movie was ever mentioned) who would she cast me as in her book and she said and I quote:

"Your picture is so adorable! I immediately thought, "blonde Alice"! I love your hair. I've tried to go short, but my hair grows out so fast that I can't keep a style for more than two weeks. So I gave up and just let my hair be long like it wants to be."

This is the one I sent her

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n296/addie2525/221.jpg

If anyones curious about my emails from Stephenie let me know and Ill share with you what we used to talk about :D

GlennaGirl
July 30th, 2009, 10:15 AM
So...who are all these people? Who is the protagonist? Etc.?

Kittee
July 30th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Bah, I was going to mention that, too. I also know way too much. Did you know that the Nomads weren't actually barefoot? They were wearing slippers painted like feet. I'm done now.

Yeah, she had pre-styled hair pieces. That said, her hair looked fabulous. Her real hair isn't that much different, it's just shorter and more ashy colored. I'm also hoping to achieve a similar style one day. But, if I had my way, I'd go with looking like Victoria. Man. Did you guys see her hair? It's perfect. Beyond perfect. *squeals with envy*

I have this hair and it's a pain in the BUTT to maintain. Just FYI =)

Most the time I look more like this!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/iamfallen/emma2.jpg

Canarygirl
July 30th, 2009, 02:09 PM
I didn't see the movie, but I have seen the picture of (Bella). Yes, it is quite beautiful, I think if one was to take apicture of the hairstyle to a GOOD salon, then they would be able to recreate it, and it probably would look nice in any hue you have. It would be admirable, and elegent hair style if someone chose to invest in it, I bet it might take a bit more maintenance than most would care to do though.

I don't get what Bella's hairstyle really is, except that it's long hair with loose waves in it. Is there anything more to it than that? (I don't mean color-wise.) If it's just long wavy hair, then it would be easy for some people to maintain naturally, but trickier for people with straight hair (or more curly hair). Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here it's just that I'm missing what's being referred to as Bella's "hairstyle."

Bellalalala
July 30th, 2009, 02:57 PM
I used to have hair very similar to Victoria's as well just less volume(aka Rachelle Lefevre).
My hair is virgin and well cared for and still always looks woolly like hers if it gets wet at all. I've actually met her in person and her hair is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! (So is she for that matter)

nowxisxforever
July 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM

I liked the look of her hair too-- I don't think I would want it, though. I've got a pretty similar hairtype, but longer and a different color... and not quite as thick, unless I wanted to tease it out or something, I'm sure. I hated having my hair down around me when it was about her length, I don't know what I'd do with it being that big after experiencing the wonder of updos.

sweet*things
July 30th, 2009, 03:29 PM
All the mental pictures I have of Bella from the movie involve headbands, not really a "hairstyle", imo. BSL, wavy, off center part with her hair pushed back off her face.

In high school I knew someone with hair like Victoria's, except classic length and honey-brown. She was stunning, it was really a shame she had a terrible personality (actually, come to think of it, she acted a lot like Bella ;)).

GlennaGirl
July 30th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Okay, so, what am I not getting here? I don't find any images under Twilight Bella (see: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&q=twilight+bella&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=20 ) that have that curly hair or even that color hair. Is this even the same person? Or...am I way off the mark in what everybody here is talking about?

Olivia23
July 30th, 2009, 07:35 PM
What I loved most about Bella's hair was her face-framing pieces. I've wanted ones like that my whole life, but woefully my hair just doesn't want them like I do :(

Side note: I didn't particularly like Nikki Reed as Rosalie, nor did I like how costuming dressed her. She was supposed to be flaunting her body and good-looks a lot more from what I gathered from the books. She just wasn't what I expected. I adored Ashley Greene (spelling?) as Alice. Alice is actually my favourite character of all in the books (one of the many reasons I don't like Breaking Dawn is because her friendship with Bella is forcefully shoved away).

I agree I don't think she was a very good pick for Rosalie. Rosalie was supposed to be gorgeous and I think she's pretty, but not that pretty. I expected a natural blonde also. BTW I also love Bella's hairstyle.

Roseate
July 30th, 2009, 07:50 PM
I don't get what Bella's hairstyle really is, except that it's long hair with loose waves in it. Is there anything more to it than that? (I don't mean color-wise.) If it's just long wavy hair, then it would be easy for some people to maintain naturally, but trickier for people with straight hair (or more curly hair). Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here it's just that I'm missing what's being referred to as Bella's "hairstyle."

I feel the same way! I haven't seen the movie, but the pictures just look like nice shiny 2b/2c iii hair, with long layers. Not an elaborate style, totally attainable if that's your hairtype, attainable only with daily styling if your hair is much more straight or curly. :shrug:

florenonite
July 30th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Okay, so, what am I not getting here? I don't find any images under Twilight Bella (see: http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&um=1&q=twilight+bella&sa=N&start=0&ndsp=20 ) that have that curly hair or even that color hair. Is this even the same person? Or...am I way off the mark in what everybody here is talking about?

The one with the ginger curly hair is another character, Victoria, from the film. The initial post is about Bella, with the brown wavy hair :)

Pegasus Marsters
July 30th, 2009, 09:39 PM
I feel the same way! I haven't seen the movie, but the pictures just look like nice shiny 2b/2c iii hair, with long layers. Not an elaborate style, totally attainable if that's your hairtype, attainable only with daily styling if your hair is much more straight or curly. :shrug:

You're pretty right... it's long, layered, wavy hair. But they did use hair pieces for the movie to make her hair fuller and thicker and save on styling time. I reckon my hair would fall into something like that if I cut more layers into it.

GlennaGirl
July 30th, 2009, 09:54 PM
The one with the ginger curly hair is another character, Victoria, from the film. The initial post is about Bella, withe the brown wavy hair :)

OH, I see. Thank you.