PDA

View Full Version : noticeing some split ends

Xan
April 4th, 2008, 04:25 AM
I have noticed some split ends but do not want to lose any length. Would a s&d help or do you guys have any other ideas? Also how do some of you get your hair to awesome lengths of knee and beyond and still keep it healthy?

wolf girl
April 4th, 2008, 07:27 AM
S&D is your best bet. There is no way to "mend" splits. They have to be cut off.

As far as knee length....can't help you there. I'm not quite there yet...:D

Firefly
April 4th, 2008, 08:31 AM
I agree with WolfGirl, S&D is the way to go if you don't want to lose any length. I've had great success with that in the past when my hair was damaged. Good luck!

Firefly

Mishka_84
April 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM
I was reading this thread ( http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=476 ) earlier, it seems that catnip tea/infusion can help with split ends. I haven't tried it yet, but plan to tomorrow.

Also, I had been noticing a few split ends myself, but never did anything about it. I've since been using coconut oil on my length and haven't noticed any split ends lately. I don't know if the oil is helping or if I'm going blind...

ChloeDharma
April 4th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I was going to suggest the catnip thread but Mishka beat me to it ;)

S&D is probably your best bet for removing them, then just focusing on keeping the hair protected should prevent more of them.

As for knee length, i can't say as i don't have it.....but the general theme seems to be contained styles and very careful handling :)

spidermom
April 4th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Do thin ends bother you? The last time I noticed a lot of splits, I tried to S&D them away. There were always more and my ends got thinner and thinner. Finally I cut off length to thicken the ends and get rid of as many bad ends at one time as I could. My hair seems to be growing like a weed since then. I won't hesitate to cut length again.