PDA

View Full Version : Calling all 2b/2c and 2c people!

Pixna
April 15th, 2009, 11:20 AM
What's your general routine? Do you follow CG? Do you ever comb? Do you ever brush? Do you scrunch? Do you use a leave-in? Do you try to maximize or minimize your wurliness?

Do you have days when you hair just goes flat and straight and days when it is more springy and wurly?

Do you love your hair type or hate it?

Tell us what you do (or don't do) and show us your beautiful wurls!

~Pixna (who is perpetually caught between hair-type worlds)

Aisha25
April 15th, 2009, 11:40 AM
What's your general routine? Do you follow CG? Do you ever comb? Do you ever brush? Do you scrunch? Do you use a leave-in? Do you try to maximize or minimize your wurliness?

My routine: Oil everyday and braid.
On wash days I do deep treatment of some kind,coconut milk,a hair pack,henna whatever my hair needs that week. After washing out I always use honey+conditioner then rinse out and leave my hair soaking wrapped in t-shirt for 10mins then let open till they dry. I dont scruch I tried once it left me with funny looking ends,no leave ins. I only do finger combing. No brush no comb!

Do you have days when you hair just goes flat and straight and days when it is more springy and wurly?

If I dont use honey then yeah it doesnt go so wurly.

Eh can't complain!

Now you want picture too sheesh!!:p j/k
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=671&pictureid=35872
Without oil or finger combing

Pixna
April 15th, 2009, 11:47 AM
Heehee!! Thanks, Aisha!! :D

goodluckcharm
April 15th, 2009, 12:11 PM
I wish I was at home right now and had access to more of my hair pictures. This one will do I suppose:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=2782&pictureid=34861
Nevermind, the picture isn't posting correctly, sorry! You can a few pictures of my hair in my album, if you care to.

General Routine:
CWC- my hair gets insanely dry and I use deep conditioners and the like often. I'm a fan of bumble and bumble products (insanely expensive, yes I know) and spray my hair with Tonic and then scrunch with curl definer.
I only comb and then brush my hair before getting into the shower.

Some days it's definitely wurlier than on other days. I love how my hair looks when it's well styled. I hate that I have hair that I have to style everyday. I wish I didn't need product in my hair, but it just looks like a mess without curl creme in it.

Rohele
April 15th, 2009, 12:39 PM

I sort of follow the CG routine, with my own modifications.

I am cone free and CO wash (which is CG), but I also have to comb it, or it looks absolutely like a stringy mess after it dries. So basically I wash, apply product, twirl and scrunch and air dry without touching in the evening. The next morning I comb each lock/chunk/curl (if that makes sense) after misting, and re-twirl with oil.

Yes - its very curly on day one, but by the end of day to the curls are gone and I've only got loose waves. It varies day to day, wash to wash, and has a mind of its own.

I loved my wavy hair until the late 90s when stick straight hair with no volume became the fashion norm. That's when I started destroying my hair with blowdrying, ironing and anything I could think of to make it straighter. I am currently in the process if learning to love it again (I'm older, and hopefully wiser now). I still have issues with the way its looks though, especially the random frizzies - fashion seems to dictate a sleek glossy uber-shiny look, that I know I will never replicate without utterly destroying what I've got. I know that hair represented by the media is not
"real" in any sense, but I see women walking around with this look on a day to day basis, and sometimes I envy it.

Pixna
April 15th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks, Goodluckcharm and Rohele!

misspriss
April 15th, 2009, 10:08 PM

I CO every few days, damp bunning while drying. I used to follow CG, I might pick it up again in the summer when I don't feel like pulling my hair up all the time. I brush after it is dry if I feel like it, but I can go for weeks without brushing (just fingercombing). I scrunch with gel (or gel/leave in condish mix) when I CG and wear curly. I go one way or the other, during school I minimize wurliness, the damp bunning gives me BEAUTIFUL loose waves. I love them.

Yes and No, I don't notice, since I modify my hair's natural state by drying it in a bun. See answer below for different hairtypes...

LOVE IT. It's perfect. Although I'm never quite sure what it is, sometimes 2b, sometimes 2c, sometimes I even think 3a on a curly day. It's so *me*, it isn't even funny.

Well that pretty much sums it up. I don't do too much at all right now. CO, damp bun, then I pull it back/let it down multiple times during the day. And play with it.

Also, my hair is layered, which makes the loose waves sooooo nice. I love my haircut. (Side note: went to the best stylist in the world. Got such a great haircut, I don't think I'll ever need to go back, but I want to because he was so good...the most perfect haircut, even as it gets longer it still looks great.)

When I do go curly, I usually CG method, apply gel to soaking hair and scrunch, then plop for about 20 minutes. After that, I let it dry completely without touching.

manderly
April 15th, 2009, 10:29 PM
I have goofy hair which really wants to do whatever I tell it to.

Here is my hair when I comb it while it dries:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG1818.jpg

Here it is using my "soft waves" method in my siggy:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2108.jpg

And here is my hair on the CG method:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/astrauser/CIMG2139.jpg

How funny and obedient! It does what I tell it to (sometimes :p). I honestly have no idea what my "real" hairtype is at this point. It's very much a chameleon.

Oberon88
April 15th, 2009, 11:46 PM
I still classify myself as a 2c, but my hair isn't as curly as it once was. I miss it =(.
Some days however, it goes back to the glory days of two years ago and is gorgeously curly.
If I comb, I loose my curl and it becomes a wavy/frizzy or straightish mass.

I CO most of the time, oil and bun or oil and braid. Bunning usually straightens it out though.
I love my hair, and I wish it stayed curlier, I may try honey like Aisha.

When I was a hair abuser, I scrunched a lot. Not so much any more.

Pixna
April 16th, 2009, 06:31 AM
Thank you, MissPriss, Manderly, and Oberon. It sounds like we all have chameleon hair, and I wonder if that comes with the territory of being a 2b/2c. It sure seems like it, and that might be the reason some of us are challenged about how to classify our hair.

Thanks for the pics, Manderly! I appreciate everyone's input!

misspriss
April 16th, 2009, 11:39 PM
It sounds like we all have chameleon hair, and I wonder if that comes with the territory of being a 2b/2c. It sure seems like it, and that might be the reason some of us are challenged about how to classify our hair.

I think so, maybe it just comes with the territory. I'm glad I'm not the only one with problems typing though!

Leneveu
April 17th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I definitely have chameleon hair! For me, it has a lot to do with the weather!

I'm new here and have just realised that I need to give up the blow-drying...only my hair's not too happy about that - it tends to turn into a big frizzy mess when I let it dry naturally and don't keep completely still. I'll definitely try the damp-bunning. The only problem is that my hair is very thick and takes ages to dry, and I'm used to spending 5 minutes with the blow-dryer!

As to whether I like my hair type: on a good day (quite a rare occurrance!), I love it...I'm sure that once I learn more about how to care for my hair on here I'll come to love it all the time.

Niphredil
April 17th, 2009, 06:21 AM
Yep, chameleon here !

I switched to CWC about a month ago and my hair does very well. I did SC before that. I always use a leave-in of some sort, otherwise it is a ball of frizz. Currently my main S & C are no-cone but some of the 1st C's are (using my leftovers) and my leave-in has a bunch in it.
If I want curls and spirals, I comb when towel dry (just a few minutes in the towel), bend over and scrunch in the leave-in. I might comb again to distribute the leave-in and scrunch again after that. I usually blowout my bangs (until they are long enough) and put the wet length in a half-up.
If I want less curl, just waves, I have to dry it in a bun or braid (which isn't working well at the moment because of my layers).

I have had no luck with CO washing, both LHC style and CG style. I just end up with a sticky greasy mess, upset scalp and major hairloss....

The curls lessen the day after washing and all that remains are some soft waves that might even be typed as 1c/2a. At that point I might comb or brush, depending on how I want to wear it. I usually wash twice a week, but I can go longer between washes. I just like to wear my curls more than once a week :)

There are times that I hate it, but mostly I love it because it is so versatile. It is easy to handle just like straight hair, but it allows me to wear it a bit undefined like curlies can pull off ! And the volume it has. It is really just bordering ii and iii but the volume that my waves and curls give me make it look like much more !

Pixna
April 17th, 2009, 06:37 AM
Thanks, Leneveu and Niph!

Niph, the more you say about your hair, the more I think we are twins (well, except that you have layers right now and my hair is a whole lot shorter than yours). I've had poor luck with CO, too, I am washing twice a week, and after a few days, my hair could be classed as 1c/2a as well, which confuses the heck out of me. :roll:

gmdiaz
April 17th, 2009, 06:46 AM
Aisha25, how are you using honey exactly? And how much are you using each time?

I used it once without zapping it in the microwave and it really did lighten my hair on the ends! I am thinking that caused some damage! So I've been too scared to use it again.